Enrisan's Mk Vi Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
k thanks. so the clear coat has to be the same type of paint as the paints I used? I used gloss blue, gloss white, and satin black for the black details. Will I have to mask off the areas now and use two different types of clear coat?

I just don't want the clear coat to make my helmet too shiny and glossy again.

alright thanks, I'll ask him.

If anyone else has experience with clear coating armor, then please share!

Sean Bradley said:
Great paint job!!

Nice work on that helmet, can't wait to see it all together.
Thanks Sean! Hope the paint job and finishing is good enough for your amazing helmet!

I'll get everything else done and post pictures this weekend.

Anyone have these gloves?
http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-2...r-combat/Detail

or have others that you recommend that are fairly cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the helmet is mostly done. At least the exterior is minus the second visor that I'll get whenever I have some money to spare....right now I'm saving it for armor pieces.

Interior is mostly padded, still need a few more things and I broke when one of the LED legs when I was trying to install them into my helmet..I'll have to solder that sometime (Do I really need the paste to solder? I only have some wire).

Anyways, hope you like it!

helmetdoneoutside.jpg

helmetdoneoutside2.jpg

thanks! well for my suit I'm still waiting on a torso from Doc. I'm supposed to get it whenever he finishes molding the backpiece but he hasn't been on in a long time...so I don't know when I'll have it. The pep pieces are on hold due to cold weather.. I can't really fiberglass the pieces. I'm hoping for a warm day or two so I can fiberglass.

I haven't posted anything in a while mainly because I don't have much progress on my suit, but I just recently ran into a problem.
I got some muckle parts from Adam and I was sanding down some of the bumps in the shins and it ended up creating a few small holes. Those areas are pretty thin I guess so I was wondering what would be the past way to patch the holes.
shinhole2.jpg

shinhole1.jpg

I was thinking a small piece of styrene or something epoxied on the inside and some spot putty on the outside.

Also, yesterday I was cutting and sanding pieces and every once in a while I could smell like if something was burning, it was probably dust from the shins I was cutting. Anyways, the rest of the day I had a headache and sometimes I felt dizzy. This morning I woke up with chest/back pains and my throat feels a little sore, also been coughing a little. Do you think I inhaled some particles and whether that is a health risk at this point? I did wear a respirator... I'm a health freak so now I'm a little paranoid.

thanks.

the easiest way would be to put a piece of fiber-glass on the inside and some bondo on the outside. shouldn't be to hard.

Yeah fiberglass since it used on cars for the same exact case.

If you wear a good respirator, it's not the particles. For the back/chest problems, maybe because you were not "well" placed when working and your back muscles are just tired.

But if your throat is sore, maybe you inhaled dusts when you removed your respirator like for going back inside since the dusts can stay quite a bit in the air even when you're done.

For the burning smell, that's simply the plastic. The friction of the cutting wheel and the plastic cause it to melt just a bit under the wheel, for the smell.

If the smell is toxic, I have no idea tho.

Well get some rest and continue working on this, I want to see more pictures! :D

hey enrisan, I should have read this one all the way through before Pming you back, when it came to cleaning up the ones i had a pocket knife or even better, an exacto knife is really all you need for fixing things up. Hell, mine had to be cut in half to put more foam rubber mix in so the things would fit my freakishly large calves, and the original detailing in the back where Adam and I cut it was restored using just the knife.

using the knife will also cut down on the amount of particulates you're breathing in.

Like i said in the PM though (this is just for general knowledge in case someone else has this question down he road), 3M makes a rubberised undercoat aerosol spray mainly used for pick up truck beds, i was able to patch a pretty big hole i put in my right shin with that and a little scrap of rubber i cut off from the inside of the shin that i glues over the hole initially.

actually they are smoothcast 300. Foam would feel like a Nerf Football... You'd also be able to stand on them and have them bend, not break. I'll have to make some shoes for you.

Adam said:
actually they are smoothcast 300. Foam would feel like a Nerf Football... You'd also be able to stand on them and have them bend, not break. I'll have to make some shoes for you.
hah k thanks for clearing that up. I'm sending you the extra forearm this weekend, didn't get a chance today.

Looking great so far, can't wait to see it in person (eventually). Moving back down near Victorville soon.

I got a question about this suit - how much has it costed so far? I'm starting a Mk VI myself, and I wanted to get an idea for how much fiberglass and junk I'll need...

Thanks guys, will have more pieces finished by next week hopefully.

BloodAngel011 said:
I got a question about this suit - how much has it costed so far? I'm starting a Mk VI myself, and I wanted to get an idea for how much fiberglass and junk I'll need...
well my pep pieces are on hold right now, I've only resined them and spent maybe around $10 for a can of fiberglass resin.

Hey, it's been a while once again...but I made a bit of progress. I had more pictures, but I left my camera at home, this was all I had uploaded to photobucket before I left.
forearmblue.jpg

shinsblue2.jpg

this one had the flash on so the blue came out really light.

helmetinterior.jpg

interior not yet completed.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back