Eva Helm In Zbrush - Pepakura Files On Page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unbadass

Jr Member
Here is a picture of the EVA helm I made in Zbrush, it took me about 2 hours when the baby wasn't crawling all over me.

Evahelmzbrushsculpt2.jpg

If wanted I will grab other angles and post those renders

Unfold pep files were requested so here they are in letter and A4

I am not to sure on the scale. Feel free to alter.

Eva A4

Eva Letter

I started using zshere to get the base shape, refined it. Then did a retopology to get the angles I wanted. Now I just am adding small details in so it looks like the halo version.

rundown said:
could you show the wireframe? :)

moved to 3d modeling section btw, looking good.

how do I show the wireframe i'm still new to modeling / zbrush

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbadass said:
how do I show the wireframe i'm still new to modeling / zbrush

Probably the closest you can get to a wireframe would be to turn on polyframe (should be on the right side near the bottom, near the zoom, scale, rotate, etc. buttons) and screencap that, only other way would be to export it as an OBJ and open it in something else.

I don't have Zbrush on this system at the moment or I'd post how to do it properly.

Edit: Here's a screenshot:

content.png

Pretty cool I was working on a sort of EVA mark 2. But it wasnt goign the wya I wanted it to so im currently modelling the security helmet.

FYI theres lots of places the topology could be fixed to be made cleaner.

Are you going to retopologize after youve finished sculpting?

(yes i use ZBrush aswell, although for organic models)

Kudos to you for working in Zbrush first! I can't do it, gotta take the long route and make a base in another package :/

I took a look at your zbrush file and it isn't in sub-div level 1. You can shift the level of detail around and export whatever resolution you want :) I'm sure you knew that, just wanted to point that out for anyone else using zbrush that doesn't know.

Hugh Stephen Holder III said:
Kudos to you for working in Zbrush first!

Although hard surface stuff can be done in Zbrush youll get better reults by

A: Sculpting a model and then retopologising it and exporting to 3ds max, xsi,maya, etc for cleaning up.

B: Creating the whole model in a programme such as xsi, 3ds max, maya, etc.

I refer you to this.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/293/1/5/Ok_Truely_Complete_Elite_by_MikeJensen.jpg

That was sculpted in ZBrush and then exported to 3ds max for cleaning.

I agree. Except I've met people that do amazing hard surface work and only work in Zbrush. I guess it just comes down to whatever you prefer :)

rundown said:
you got some wierd geomitry in some places :/

I know, like I said I am still new to zbrush and modeling. If you are talking about the lines that are close together its the only way to try and have a sharp corner.

Krallis said:
Pretty cool I was working on a sort of EVA mark 2. But it wasnt goign the wya I wanted it to so im currently modelling the security helmet.

FYI theres lots of places the topology could be fixed to be made cleaner.

Are you going to retopologize after youve finished sculpting?

(yes i use ZBrush aswell, although for organic models)

this is only my first sculpt worthy of posting.

Is there anyway you can explaing the "lots of places the topology could be fixed to be made cleaner." For when I make anything later.

Krallis said:
Although hard surface stuff can be done in Zbrush youll get better reults by

A: Sculpting a model and then retopologising it and exporting to 3ds max, xsi,maya, etc for cleaning up.

B: Creating the whole model in a programme such as xsi, 3ds max, maya, etc.

I refer you to this.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/293/1/5/Ok_Truely_Complete_Elite_by_MikeJensen.jpg

That was sculpted in ZBrush and then exported to 3ds max for cleaning.

I am using another persons computer because zbrush is to expensive for me. so there is no way i can afford to use 3ds max and maya but i have tried the demo and was so confused on how to work it i had given up.

Unbadass said:
I know, like I said I am still new to zbrush and modeling. If you are talking about the lines that are close together its the only way to try and have a sharp corner.

this is only my first sculpt worthy of posting.

Is there anyway you can explaing the "lots of places the topology could be fixed to be made cleaner." For when I make anything later.

I am using another persons computer because zbrush is to expensive for me. so there is no way i can afford to use 3ds max and maya but i have tried the demo and was so confused on how to work it i had given up.

Ok two things.

1. The topology is the way the lines interact with each other and how "clean" it looks. Look in my gallery at the wires of my scout armour chest piece, thats a reasonably clean topology but I still havent optomized it. (ill also try and get a shot of wireframes form my unfinished ODST helmet in as they are very clean.

2. Triangles are a bad thing as you get smoothing errors with them.

3. Your right about having close lines to get sharp creases and joins in the mesh.

As for a modelling programme why nto try XSI Mod Tool.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=13571257&siteID=123112

Its free and i feel easier to use than max.

I use xsi but I booted up the demo of max and was instantly confused by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back