Evangelion EVA Unit 01 foam build

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have to line up the numbers when you glue it on the inside so the other pieces can fit their spots. The helmet that was in the model pack is a lot thinner the the file i used, be careful because it might be too thin to fit a human head even if is proportional.

also, don't worry bout my build, I'm taking a very short break. I just started school again and i was even too tired to work out or even get on my computer, so designing a mech suit was out of the question.

you have to line up the numbers when you glue it on the inside so the other pieces can fit their spots. The helmet that was in the model pack is a lot thinner the the file i used, be careful because it might be too thin to fit a human head even if is proportional.

also, don't worry bout my build, I'm taking a very short break. I just started school again and i was even too tired to work out or even get on my computer, so designing a mech suit was out of the question.

Alright, well if you don't mind I might just put up some pics of my build (I haven't even finished one piece yet though) and maybe I can get some advice and feedback from you guys as they're done?

I would suggest making your own thread for your build Steo. that way we can keep each thread to that specific build. When people come here they are probably coming to check the progress on my foam build.

hey brother. im really excited to see how this turns out. im planning on making one myself as soon as my work load settles down a bit. i hope you havent given up! fight on!

do not fear, this project is not forsaken, i just don't have the time o work on it right now. I wont really have time for, well, a while, so I'm letting this thread slumber for a bit.

If you're still having problems with gluing, take Drack's advice, but if you glue the pieces on the chest, make sure either you are wearing the suit or you have it on a duct-tape dummy, or else the suit might have strange stretching spots where the suit stretched around the foam but not your body. Good luck!

hi, i just downloaded the EVA 01 helmet and i was wondering is anyone able to add tabs?

Edit: found out a friend of mine thought it be funny to mess with the settings.

Hey guys just wanted to let you guys know i did not give up on this build. I'm actually looking for willing modelers to make files for eva 1 and maybe some of the other ones.

files needed specificly

EVA unit 1:
chest
rib pieces (front AND the back)
cod peice (similar to rib piece)
Modified helmet (not so round on the top and longer horn)
backpack ((optional) with entry plug hole)
shoulder pylons
thighs and shins
knee pylons
foot plate
Arm blades
knuckles

if any modelers are interest please send me a PM

I need these files if i hope to finish this project, so help is greatly appreciated.

Stay sane!
End_of_Evangelion_by_temukense.jpg

End of Evangelion, best of the movies tust far, i like the fact the everyone see rein before blowing up into a pool of orngne oze it was like every one as a hunter.

plus i like sakuas big bad ***** moment in her EVA, "i've got 100 inchs of titium armor plating and i still have my A-T feild."

oh and please tell us if your going to act like the pilot?

I have the rest of the body, my question is you prefer the whole body as a separate file or chest, shoulders, etc., etc. ..?
evacasco_zps64d41c84.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/v64647in/Eva_01.html

YOU ARE MY SAVIOR! I felt like people have been ignoring me recently XD

Separate files are definitely best. the main problem with the models put up here is the shoulders are off and don't match the movie/series. When i get back to resining my halo 4 armor i want to try to do my other helmet, maybe i might make one a berserk, who knows.

Also, thank you for using 4shared, even though the link is not valid. Mediafire doesn't work for me. Expect progress to be uploaded within 2 weeks to a month, but i will reply to any more files you put up here. Thank you.

ALSO, show the discussion thread some love people :3

oh and please tell us if your going to act like the pilot?

Ha, if i get to wear it to a con, I'll make sure to play the part. maybe even record some clips, run them through a filter, and play them threw speakers. the head file i did has a perfect spot for them next to the mouth. in the side blade vent things.

Ive have been downloading the hotfile links off of page 6. Going to use everything but the head to make a Unit 02. Been lurking this page for awhile now. Glad to see you are still working on it.

I cannot find any Unit 02 head .pdo's (all the links I've found point to the same website which is down?) so I'll probably end up making a head from a cast of my own and building it from there.

Edit: Unit 02 from the rebuild. Has the little orange horn peak at the top of the front part of the helm.

Ive have been downloading the hotfile links off of page 6. Going to use everything but the head to make a Unit 02. Been lurking this page for awhile now. Glad to see you are still working on it.

I cannot find any Unit 02 head .pdo's (all the links I've found point to the same website which is down?) so I'll probably end up making a head from a cast of my own and building it from there.

Great to hear that! maybe me and you can have a little NGE fight someday XD there was a unit 2 head and chest in the model pack but i don't think anyone's unfolded it. I really need to focus on the unit 01 files but good luck on your unit 2. I may make a EVA unit 04 plugsuit in the far future, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back