Fallout 3 power armor helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice rust weathering, are you using chalks or dusts? Or something entirely different?

It was actually the cheapest acrylic paint i could find ;) Black, brown and orange. But it was done over a decent chrome silver spray pack. I will have to find a matt sealer/laquer to cover it afterwards tho. Ive got a satin, but im not sure of the result as yet.

Cheers.

Holy sh**!!!! haha that has to be the best fallout helmet i have seen anywhere! wow dude keep up the great work! lol next you should make a ncr helmet, if you had time

Ok so its all sealed with 2 coats of satin laquer, very nice. Ive also started work on the front vent.. Just needs to be sanded thin...

Cheers.

Quick update while im waiting for the breathing tubes, working on the breathing vent. Perspective seems off on this pic for some reason. Anyway its nice and thin and will fit in the small cutout at the front:

5633342469_7d4647ca83_z.jpg

Cheers.

5633342469_7d4647ca83_z.jpg

Wow if those rusts are painted on that is amazing! I also like the black parts in the recesses (for the most part they are). You may have already said this but how did you get that effect?

Really nice weathering job! 5/5

I have to say this is one of the best power armor helmets I have seen. I am a huge fan of Fallout and so I get really excited about this. Great work man I feel inspired cant wait to see it totally finished. Great job

i get so happy when this thread gets brought back to the top of the list:D this is an incredible build! i think this is the most detailed helmet i've ever seen for a fallout build. kudos. this is a BIG win.

Thanks guys.

Yeah the weathering was done with a spray pack silver, then semi-drybrush acrylic black over the top and in the crevaces, then wiped over the raised edges with a damp paper towel. This allowed the black to be taken off without taking the silver off as well.

You do this until it looks 'right'.

The rust is a combination of brown and bright orange. Add the brown in the same way as the black around areas you think need to look rusty, then let dry. Add the orange a bit at a time until its patchy and drippy :) Rust follows moisture and so will drip down.

Also update:

Vent thing is painted and glued into place:
5636120145_e7b6f09b57_z.jpg

5636120427_63058d0b76_z.jpg

Cheers.

5636120145_e7b6f09b57_z.jpg

5636120427_63058d0b76_z.jpg

I figure its about time to update (not much of one tho):

I ordered some breathing tubes about a month ago and they still havent arrived. Time to kick the ebay thing up a knotch i think.

Cheers.

TUBES!
5840989692_fd32b95153_z.jpg

Apparently the housemate out the back had hidden them behind the house where no one ever goes. *Sigh* Ill have to organise to re-pay the Ebay seller. Respect: They gave me a refund.

Anyway its getting close!
Cheers.

5840989692_fd32b95153_z.jpg

Man that is seriously awesome! Great work on the helmet, the smoothing and weathering really make it a great piece.

10/10 work!

Can I get some shots of the back of the helmet, if you wouldn't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back