Fallout 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

the stig

Well I got the game yesterday, and ill admit it is NOTHING like I had expected.
Not that it's bad or anything, its a great game.
Has anybody else purchased/played this game?

If you played Oblivion and you liked it you will LOVE this.
Its made from the same people, and made in exactly the same way as oblivion is.
I'm still highly confused in one of the first quests, However it is a great game. I would highly recommend this game to any RPG/Adventure Gamers.

If you've played it or have anything to say about it, be sure to post it here.

-Stig

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_3

Im currently level 12, and i seriously love this game. i loved Oblivion so much i took the time to get the full 1250 Gamerscore. I, too, fall asleep occasionally playing games like this but only because i never fast travel, i always walk. Sometimes you walk for a half hour and never come across anything, other times theres Raiders breathing down your neck.

I actually bought the Amazon Survival Edition, that came with the Pip-Boy Model 3000 prop, which is a clock. I planned on posting up pics of it sometime.

Nothing is more satisfying than luring a Super Mutant Behemoth towards you and then SURPRISE!, nailing him with the Fat Man Mini Nuke. Followed by a jet of liquid fire to the face.

The Stig said:
Typical Bethseda studios...

Not to be a douche or anything. It isnt "Bethseda studios" It's "Bethesda Softworks"

They claim fallout 3 is a completley new game. Seeing as it's developed by the same company it will look very familiar graphics wise and gameplay wise. Look's interesting enough.. Il probrably get it at christmas or somthing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it anything like stalker? personally, I don't like "pure" rpgs (take up too much time), but it looks like a action adventure + rpg, which would be okay. any other games like it (except fallout 1 & 2, i obviously don't know them either)?

Hell no, STALKER is a hell of a lot more realistic then Fallout (In a bad way).

The game is great, Character creation is fantastic, story is great (But the ending SUCKS, either kill yourself and be a hero or let some woman die for you and be an *******. After that? Nothing! The game ends and you can't walk around the world and do quests :( ), fighting has a nice feel and with V.A.T.S. Its a nice mix of fun, easy, and down-right hard (I know I contradicted myself but its true), brings back so many original Fallout memories too. I liked Oblivion....and I loved Fallout...Lucky me, I got two in one! :D

Well, I completed it, I only did like 3 side missions, which was a bit silly really.

But the endings pretty annoying. Its already been mentioned on this topic so i wont bother going through it, anyway im tempted to go to a earlier savepoint and go on to do all the side missions.... Oooor i could just wait til I get Fable and never touch the game again.

Anyway just thought i would let people know that i completed it, Also you might notice I have a Fallout 3 sig :3.

Anyway the real point of this Bump and post is that i've decided to have a side project to go along with my Mk 6 Armor.

You guessed it, Fallout Power armor. Looks pretty bulky and simple, nothing I can't make from cardboard. Anyway this isn't a progress topic, so I will update my WIP topic sometime soon.

EDIT, Smilie120
Bethesda was a general misspelling, However they are not just "Softworks" If you watch one of their video's they say "Bethesda Game Studios Presents" and went on about the release of Fallout 3, so no, its not "Bethesda Softworks", well it doesn't have to be.

And to be honest. Who cares?

The Stig said:
Anyway the real point of this Bump and post is that i've decided to have a side project to go along with my Mk 6 Armor.

You guessed it, Fallout Power armor. Looks pretty bulky and simple, nothing I can't make from cardboard. Anyway this isn't a progress topic, so I will update my WIP topic sometime soon.

You aren't the only one, but considering I want to get working on ONE project at a time you will most likely be the first to make it. Good luck to you sir :p.

I'm VERY tempted to take an old Palm Pilot or something and program it to look like a Pip-Boy 3000 :p

I've done a ton of the sidequests but the thing I like best is the history and designs of the old Fallout games really being an intergral part of the game. Poor Harold, from Ghoul to Ent to Tree.
I even found an old set of T51b power armor locked away in a secure fort (Much better looking than the mini-Gouf thing most of them were wearing). Now I just gotta get those jerks at the BHOS Citadel to let me into their crib so I can learn how to use it.

Level cap at 20 is kind of lame though, but I guess my character is enough of a superman as-is. Still at the part where I need to find a GECK. I'm guessing it's getting closer to the end.

Oh and Abe Lincoln's Henry Rifle is teh Awesomeness!

Sigma-LS said:
I've done a ton of the sidequests but the thing I like best is the history and designs of the old Fallout games really being an intergral part of the game. Poor Harold, from Ghoul to Ent to Tree.
I even found an old set of T51b power armor locked away in a secure fort (Much better looking than the mini-Gouf thing most of them were wearing). Now I just gotta get those jerks at the BHOS Citadel to let me into their crib so I can learn how to use it.

Level cap at 20 is kind of lame though, but I guess my character is enough of a superman as-is. Still at the part where I need to find a GECK. I'm guessing it's getting closer to the end.
Oh and Abe Lincoln's Henry Rifle is teh Awesomeness!

Yeah, the GECK part is towards the end.

Later on when you're talking to the guys in the BHOS HQ, they'll say "Are you ready to go or do you want to prepare"
I wont tell you much about the level, I don't want to spoil it for you, but when you hear that sentence you know that's the last mission, so i would press "No" and save the game, once you press yes you cant really do much else.

I got hosed somehow.... Went out got it for PC... installed it fine went to play and the game says I am trying to run emulation software...! I have nothing on my computer of what it says. Sent the report to secure-rom like it says and no reply in 3 days.

Bought the collectors edition and so far the only thing I have enjoyed is the sweet bobble head on my desk.

I have tried the work around it mentions, nothing works for me it seems. Anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?

Astarith said:
I got hosed somehow.... Went out got it for PC... installed it fine went to play and the game says I am trying to run emulation software...! I have nothing on my computer of what it says. Sent the report to secure-rom like it says and no reply in 3 days.

Bought the collectors edition and so far the only thing I have enjoyed is the sweet bobble head on my desk.

I have tried the work around it mentions, nothing works for me it seems. Anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?
Sorry, I bought it for Xbox360, Not much of a PC gamer, wouldnt know.

I cannot wait to sink my teeth into this.

Been holding it off due to assignments but now I'm free!

Free to hide myself away from daylight and play fallout nonstop of course...

BOOYA

The Stig said:
EDIT, Smilie120
Bethesda was a general misspelling, However they are not just "Softworks" If you watch one of their video's they say "Bethesda Game Studios Presents" and went on about the release of Fallout 3, so no, its not "Bethesda Softworks", well it doesn't have to be.

And to be honest. Who cares?

I care. Because, I see it as a discredit- seeing as theyve poured so much effor in to creating a game, and poeple wont even take the time to spell the company name right. Thats like someone cming to this forum and making a topic like "Heilow was made by Bangie"

Sorry, dont take this to personally. Just my opinnion. It's like someone seplling my name worng. Its frustrating.

Astarith said:

You could crack it, this may be illegal or legal, depending on the country you live in (it is in germany). after all, you brought it, why should you not play it when pirates can?

or, if you're rich enough, sue them. or just demand for your money back. should be possible. you can always buy a new version, if they patch the issue.

smilie120 said:
I care. Because, I see it as a discredit- seeing as theyve poured so much effor in to creating a game, and poeple wont even take the time to spell the company name right. Thats like someone cming to this forum and making a topic like "Heilow was made by Bangie"

Sorry, dont take this to personally. Just my opinnion. It's like someone seplling my name worng. Its frustrating.
Nice one. Real Mature.

Its a common misspelling. Bethesda and Bethseda Both come up under my spell checker that they are incorrect, So I gathered it was correct, considering neither of them are real words.

Companies make games for the money and enjoyment. So not only am I PAYING for their game, I'm also required to memorize the Company name and make sure it is spelt correctly?

The fact I'm PAYING for the game should credit them enough for the effort they put into the game.

Oh- And one more thing. If you're going to criticize me on my spelling and grammar with a post. The least you can do to make it look convincing is to actually check your own spelling and grammar.

Anyway this is getting off-topic. If you're going to bug me about this any further, do it in PM's.

I kind of liked the ending. In Fallout they were just like "Thanks for saving the Vault and California from FEV now GTFO!" Well I guess if you do the Trouble on the Homefront sidequest that is sort of the same scenario :D . In Fallout 2 it was "And he returned to his happy little village YAY!" In Fallout 3 at least you do something greater. BTW President Eden was LAME! It was like "Beep-Beep Congratulations, you have destroyed the Enclave." Those lame dudes in power armor were easier to kill than super mutants or mirelurks. I should have cranked up the difficulty at the end...or helped that crazy Ghoul nuke the Wasteland. My character got to launch one to China from Ft Constantine. Talk about loss of Karma :D.

Liberty Prime was the best though...

Sigma-LS said:
I kind of liked the ending. In Fallout they were just like "Thanks for saving the Vault and California from FEV now GTFO!" Well I guess if you do the Trouble on the Homefront sidequest that is sort of the same scenario :D . In Fallout 2 it was "And he returned to his happy little village YAY!" In Fallout 3 at least you do something greater. BTW President Eden was LAME! It was like "Beep-Beep Congratulations, you have destroyed the Enclave." Those lame dudes in power armor were easier to kill than super mutants or mirelurks. I should have cranked up the difficulty at the end...or helped that crazy Ghoul nuke the Wasteland. My character got to launch one to China from Ft Constantine. Talk about loss of Karma :D.

Liberty Prime was the best though...
You must have done ALOT of side missions, I didn't come across hardly ANY of the things you're finding.

I tried to explore every location I could (got the one man scouting party achievement). And I had a very high speech skill and 100 lockpick skill that allowed me access to a lot of cool things.

The only five sidequest achievements I didn't get were Blood Ties (accidently killed the Raider brother on my way to ask about the Raider brother :lol: ), Agatha's song (never even found anything to start it), Trouble in Little Big Town (Took a nap and everybody got wiped out by super muties), Nuka Cola Challenge (couldn't figure out how to start it in the Nuka Cola Plant) and the Slaver one (I'd either already killed or befriended everybody on the enslaving list).

My favorite sidequest was the You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head sidequest because I either bribed or coaxed everyone into giving me their keys instead of having to kill them and I went and stole the awesome Fallout T51b power armor from the fort instead of turning over the keys to that fink Crowley. I also blasted out a chunk of China while I was there :D .

The 50's style creepy cannibal town was about the scariest place though.*shudders*

Oh and disarming the bomb in Megaton got me a sweet crib with my own Mr. Handy butler and enough special items to make sure I never needed to visit a doctor ever again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back