Fallout 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge Christi

Anyone see the Fallout 3 trailer? Holy Crap!
Fall 2008 is SO far away.
I saw screenies from this game and I must say, it's amazing.
I also saw a bit of the demo and once again, I was blown away.

The game is set in a post apocolyptic world. It's the 1950's (or 60's) view of what would happen if we had a nuclear warfare. Very interesting concept. Kind of similiar to Bioshock, but different in many ways. No gene swapping here, but you can repair your weapons and you'll need to as they get worn down over time. This game also has more choice than Bioshock. Your words will dictate who is your friend and foe. Choose careful and you can have a strong alliance with helpful people, choose wrongly and you might end up in a bad situation, such as.. I don't know, setting off a Megaton bomb in a partially destroyed city. :whistle:

Watch it all the way through to see the armor. It's sweet.

Anywho, here's the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxSdbSNckTQ

here's the video if you're too lazy to look it up, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarge Christi said:
Anyone see the Fallout 3 trailer? Holy Crap!
Fall 2008 is SO far away.
I saw screenies from this game and I must say, it's amazing.
I also saw a bit of the demo and once again, I was blown away.

The game is set in a post apocolyptic world. It's the 1950's (or 60's) view of what would happen if we had a nuclear warfare. Very interesting concept. Kind of similiar to Bioshock, but different in many ways. No gene swapping here, but you can repair your weapons and you'll need to as they get worn down over time. This game also has more choice than Bioshock. Your words will dictate who is your friend and foe. Choose careful and you can have a strong alliance with helpful people, choose wrongly and you might end up in a bad situation, such as.. I don't know, setting off a Megaton bomb in a partially destroyed city. :whistle:

Watch it all the way through to see the armor. It's sweet.

Anywho, here's the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxSdbSNckTQ

here's the video if you're too lazy to look it up, lol.

I couldn't agree with you more - that armor is awesome. Personally, I was disappointed with the 'alignment' system in Bioshock. Felt like you could only be good or bad. (Well, relatively.) Mass Effect and Fallout 3 both interest me much more - I'll admit I'm a sucker for narrative (which is what drew me into Halo) and freedom of choice in video games.

Plus, y'know, really big guns and fancy spaceships. :whistle:

Just to clerify something, the world is set in the IDEA of a post apacolyptic world in the 1960's (or 50's), the actual time of the game is around 2077. (I think that's what the director said.)

You could be good, bad or neutral, I'm highly excited.
They said they have 8+ endings to the game, which pwns Bioshock's two (yes, I know there was a third ending, but it was exactly like the evil ending...)

Sarge Christi said:
Just to clerify something, the world is set in the IDEA of a post apacolyptic world in the 1960's (or 50's), the actual time of the game is around 2077. (I think that's what the director said.)

You could be good, bad or neutral, I'm highly excited.
They said they have 8+ endings to the game, which pwns Bioshock's two (yes, I know there was a third ending, but it was exactly like the evil ending...)

To clarify further;
"The background story of Fallout (the first of the series) involves a "what-if" scenario in which the United States tries to devise fusion power resulting in the whole country becoming hegemonic and having less reliance on petroleum. However, this is not achieved until 2077, shortly after an oil drilling conflict off the Pacific Coast pits the United States against China. It ends with a nuclear exchange resulting in the post-apocalyptic world in which the game takes place. It is emphasized in Fallout 2 that nobody knew who sent the first missile.

Before the nuclear exchange took place, great underground Vaults were constructed across America, supposedly to protect the populace from the dangers of radiation. Although only 122 were constructed, over 400,000 would be needed to protect the entire nation. This is because the Vaults were not intended to save humanity; rather, they were social experiments being conducted by the United States government. Most vaults featured some variable to test how certain things influence people (and presumably the personal characteristics of the vault's occupants) such as Vault 69, which reportedly contained 999 women and one man.

Each installment of the series takes these facts as the context to the subsequent adventures: much of the landscape the player travels through is scarred with wreckage as well as radiation. These effects are not limited to the environment. Mutated survivors - those who lived through the attack outside a vault - are often physically unrecognizable as human. Even livestock - mostly represented by cows known as "brahmin" - are rarely if ever seen with less than two heads."

(Cut'n pasted from Wikipedia. I read it over to make sure it was right, but my own knowledge is spotty at best, since it's been some time since i've picked up a Fallout title. So don't take it as 100% accurate. ;) )

You know, I swear if I didn't know any better, I'd say that girls like Vex and Christi don't exist. I've never met a girl yet who likes video games as much I do and looks as good as these two and some of the other ladies on the site. The guys you're with are some lucky bastards.

Anyway, yeah game looks awesome. As for the armor, what else do you expect from the makers of Oblivion. Bethesda seems to be a real powerhouse these days.

Dude, I am a huge Fallout fan. My favorite PC game of all time was Wasteland on the Commodore 64. I was a Desert Ranger long before Fallout was even thought about LOL! I can't wait for Fallout 3 and since I love Oblivion, I am sure that the developers are pouring their heart and soul into it to make it an awesome gaming experience. I'd like to send a shout out to my fellow Desert Rangers, Vault Dwellers, and Knights in the Brotherhood of Steel!

btw, armor is power armor
ive been working on fallout tactics armor, but i dumped the project
i got the helmet shaped(i mabe it with newspaper technique)but i lost interest on it.
Btw, newspaper technique is, that you tie newspaper around your head, and glue strips of newspaper on it.
my helmet came to be as solid as rock, i tested it with iron toe boots, threw it into air and kicked it. it didn'n break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back