Fan Film - Operation: Callaghan - Warthog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup my buddy Kieren is getting his dad's old 4x4 rally car jeep so, were going to convert it into a Hog! Might do a Goose as well!

HA well if your interested I could use all the help I can get on this shindig :p

Once you finish up Sigma maybe you can check out the open positions.

I will be up in AB for the summer and can help if you need it. As far as props, I can have an ODST and or MKVI up there if you need it, and will probably wrap up the Reach MKV while I am up there. I also have an AR, a Shotty, and probably a DMR by that time as well. What is your time frame for shooting? Casting? I would love to help out any way I can, feel free to fire me a PM.

FROCKLIFFE said:
HA well if your interested I could use all the help I can get on this shindig :p

Once you finish up Sigma maybe you can check out the open positions.

only one condition, best put by Griff.....

I CALL SHOTGUN!

Last edited by a moderator:
if you start shooting after the summer, i can loan you some UNSC weapon props. tell me a few that you'd need, i'll send them to you when i finish them and pay to have them sent back when you're finished. i only ask that you try not to bang them up too much

That'd be great Tim R. I'll probably be filming next summer. It'd be sweet if you could loan some stuff.

I really want this to be a project the whole community can pitch into.

The Jeep were using is a 1977 CJ5 i found a picture of what it looked like before we modified it.

Ill try to post a picture of my actual jeep sometime this weekend.

By the way awesome script.

Malcolm was saying we could go to the Squamish scrap-yard for parts on Friday Kieren. Can't wait to get the thing into the shop!

Hey everyone just thought I'd let you know I just finished a huge portion of the script! I won't be posting anymore full parts of the scripts but, I might drop a few little tid-bits. Such as these:

*ODST Lt.: "Well, sounds to me like were gonna need all the help we can get. We dropped in here to help evacuate civs but, I guess if there aren't any left we'll just have to help you boys get out of here and kill as many covenant bastards as possible on the way!"

2 ODST's: "OOH'RAH!"*

*-(camera blurs in and out sideways on the tent floor hand grabs glasses and pulls them towards camera)

(camera cuts to sarge putting on glasses)

(flashback scene of being knocked out in b&w blurry)

(camera outside of tent)

(camera pans to follow sarge)

tent flap opens as sarge runs towards solmundson who is... DUN DUN DUN!!!*​

Few little teasers for you :)

Sounds really epic. Im looking forward to it. But trying to juggle a build and this is hard. I have a basic story line on my GvH comic but lately I havent been able to do anything. Its school and build.

DUDE!

I'm in West Van, I have a magnum and BR done with a DMR 80% on its way. I can build more just tell me what you need. All are made from wood and MDF and are very sturdy. I also have an entire mk VI suit pepped, just needs glass. I would love to help with this project, and my proximity really is convenient. I would quite like to have position of UNSC prop builder if possible.

PM me for details on my weapons etc. I really would like to help with this.

EDIT:

I may also be able to get a music guy.

Lord Devious that is awesome!!! So far I need weapons for the marines fighting at the beach, the pistol used by Solmundson, an ODST pistol for a certain someone, an assault rifle, a sniper that should be perfect for the UNSC weapons. I know thats a bit much for one guy but, if we could get a collab going that'd be sick!

Send me some pics of some of your stuff to FROCKLIFFE@gmail.com

Also if you could I'd like to hear some of your music guys stuff.

So a magnum, a SOCOM magnum, an AR, and a sniper?

I am pretty sure I can make em.

A few things though:

-How much detail do you want?

-How much functionality do you want? (Working bolts, slides, triggers, mags, lasers, LED's etc)

-Do the pistols have to be perfect scale, because if they are they will be a bit big. The one I have I scaled down so its the size of you average handgun and it looks convincing enough.

-Which ones will be "Hero" props, with closeups and much detail shown. And which ones will mainly have a supporting/stunt role that will be dropped bashed etc.

-How close do you want them to be like the in-game models? The WETA shorts and Operation Chastity weapons have some differences from the game weapons, is it OK if I take some artistic license as well?

-What other UNSC props do you want? Do you need grenades, health packs/biofoam canisters, knives, sensors, etc...

All the above determines how fast I can make the props and how many I can build.

Here's what I'm pretty sure I can pull off:

1 X Sniper rifle, working bolt, trigger, mag, with good detail

2 X Magnums, moving slide, trigger, and mag's one with medium detail and one with high detail and a SOCOM attachment that fits both (The one I already have is medium detail, and I have a half done SOCOM attachment) The medium one is painted with damage and is quite sturdy, could be used as a stunt prop.

1 x AR medium-high detail with a working trigger. I may be able to do a working bolt and mag but this depends on time and what materials I have.

All of these will be made of Wood from scratch and not expensive casts.

As mentioned before, I can also provide a high detail DMR though not 100% screen accurate, and a medium detail BR that I have already built as well as the aforementioned magnum right away.

As for the music guy, ill have to get in touch with him, and I'll see if he's up for it, he's not local though.

I also have a friend with a good camcorder and great editing skillz, who might be able to help with the Vancouver part of the filming.

As for location, are you planning on filming in an urban environment, a ruined environment, a forest, or a combination? I happen to know of an old WWII gun bunker in a park near where I live that looks right onto the Vancouver harbor near a lighthouse. It's on rocky terrain backing onto a forest, an I think it would be great for a halo-ish setting. It's in a park called light house park, which is quite popular, look it up. You may need a permit to film there however.

Tell me what you think, and PM me with any questions.

P.S. Ill email you asap.

Basically the 'hero props" are Socom , Magnum , Sniper, AR.

What you should be able to pull off looks fine I'm putting you on the team as our official UNSC Weapon props!

Oh and I have heard of Lighthouse park we could for sure do some footage there but, a lot of it will be done in Function in Whistler as well as the Whistler Ghost Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back