Fan Film - Operation Chastity - 405Th Related Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
now you got me even more excited to find out the new updates. Thank you for all the updates by the way. this is a great forum topic

Well, I guess it's about time I did that update!

Basically, we've seen a flurry of Warthog progress over the last week. That wooden thing you saw before? It's gone. Blown away in the wake of the arrival of a real mean, green fighting machine! Dan, who had to leave the job due to unforseen circumstances, was hard at work painting it with resin this past weekend in an effort to capitalise on a stream of progress from the previous week. When it went in that weekend, he had built it up to this:

hog1.jpg

hog2.jpg

There is still a ways to go on it, and lots of small details that need to be done. That, however, is simply the nature of the beast.

I'm guessing you don't want to keep reading my over-hyped commentary though, so here's pics. Hope you all enjoy.

hog3.jpg

hog4.jpg

hog5.jpg

hog6.jpg

hog7.jpg

hog8.jpg

hog9.jpg

hog10.jpg

I would like to take this moment to thank Dan for all his hard work to date on the project. He's been a legend, as I'm sure you will all agree.

Peter Cooper said:
Well, I guess it's about time I did that update!

Basically, we've seen a flurry of Warthog progress over the last week. That wooden thing you saw before? It's gone. Blown away in the wake of the arrival of a real mean, green fighting machine! Dan was hard at work painting it with resin this past weekend in an effort to capitalise on a stream of progress from the previous week.

There is still a ways to go on it, and lots of small details that need to be done. That, however, is simply the nature of the beast.

I'm guessing you don't want to keep reading my over-hyped commentary though, so here's pics. Hope you all enjoy.

Looking pretty awesome, did you have any pictures of the steps just before the paint? If I have missed them in this forum I do apologies...

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigger tyres and a suspension lift - thoughts?

I am not sure. Both would make it look more like the Weta one, while moving it further away from the scaling of the in-game vehicle.

Peter Cooper said:
Bigger tyres and a suspension lift - thoughts?

I'd say the tyre size is fine but yes, a suspension lift couldn't hurt.
Amazing work by the way. 1st class.

That. Looks. Awesome!

I don't know if the suspension really needs to be lifted, but swapping the tires for a more knobby type might make that epic win even more epic.

I say lift it a bit and then decide if you want bigger tires. The weta ones seem more off road type than the ones you have maybe thats why they dont seem big enough. Looks good as is also.

I love it! Just something about the shape of the body on the side, I can't figure it out, but It just doesn't look right, I have no idea why.

If he put on bigger tires then he wouldn't need to lift anything, other than that he needs a wrench system in the front, chaingun or gassgun in the back,lighting, and finishing work on the interier then I guess it's time to take on the Covenent unless he still needs an engine.

As I mentioned before, I maintain there's still a ways to go. Small details here and there would be nice and I feel a step to get in is an absolute must. Their work to date has been stirling. :)

Wow... great work... I'm just speechless... wow

Keep it up guys... I wish I could attend your shooting... but being up north in Canada... it's a little far away... :(

wow, this is wonderful, peole keep comparing it to Weta, well considering weta had a budget from bungie and microsoft to make their props and they consist entirely of professional prop makers who do this stuff for a living, you've got them running even if you've been using wood. Nice guys

Leadingspartan said:
I love it! Just something about the shape of the body on the side, I can't figure it out, but It just doesn't look right, I have no idea why.

You're just goofed up because there is no windshield, black stripe or gunner... lemme help you.

f33ab9a8af.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back