Favorite Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skullcandy Girl said:
Golden Boy

At least I'm not the only one who's seen it. The bicycle race is probably my favorite ep.
That, or the constant toilet hugging.

Okay, lessee....
Golgo 13, Eva, Saber Marionette J (yes, its girly, but I enjoy it), J to X, Abenobashi (someone else listed it, go watch it, worth it for the pop culture references and the outtakes), Samurai X (the kenshin series was good, but it became like DBZ. One battle would last 6 episodes), blue sub 6, .hack/sign, fist of the north star(not a series), ninja scroll (also not a series), Great teacher Onizuka, vandread, escaflowne, trigun, etc etc. Anything with giant robots or decent action will catch my interest.
Also, the internet has corrupted me.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone heard of gantz?
this is kind of off topic but i have pep. files to make anime dolls... if anyone is interested il post some pics. BUT, they are difficult.. i hvae built a couple

Gantz is major league F'ed up. I watch some twisted stuff but this was WAY over the top! Good designs and everything, just SO twisted!

Bring on the OLD school :lol: I remember paying $80 a tape for the import BGC way back in the day. Grew up on Speed Racer and Battle of the Planets (yes - the first time they were on)... I have literally hundreds of VHS tapes just sitting on my shelves and in boxes as I move over to DVD...

Some Favorites:

Last Exile - Just beautiful animation...
Bubblegum Crisis - only the original...
Escaflowne - surprisingly enjoyable...
Urusei Yatsura - ahhh Lum-chan...
Ranma 1/2 - basically anything by Rumiko Takahashi
Original Tenchi Muyo OVA/Universe - when Ryoko "died" - that'll tear ya up...
Slayers
Dirty Pair
Anything by CLAMP (Angelic Layer, Chobits, Rayearth) - I'm a sucker for the way they tell a story...
Lodoss Wars
Love Hina - I can watch them over and over
Video Girl AI
Oh my Goddess
Utena
Miyazaki - anything but Totoro

It would take pages to make a full list but this is a good sampling...

Ghost in the shell, akira, cowboy bebop, samurai champloo, FLCL, desert punk, neon genesis evangelion, trinity blood, blue gender, Please Teacher, Dirty Pair, Escaflowne, Bubblegum Crisis, Trigun, Mobile G Gundam, Devil Lady, Appleseed, Sin, Jin-roh, Iria, Gundam 0083, Ninja scrool, Gungrave, Big O,MD Geist, Outlaw Star, Please Twins, Dot Hack, Armitage.........just to name a few, lol. Plus a whole assortment of Hentai, lol.

Samurai Deeper Kyo- one of my top samurai anime
opening of Kyo

Rurouni Kenshin- this is tied for my top samurai anime
Dual:parallel Universe -one of my favorite mechas
Gunslinger Girl-really nice anime, and its great on character development
The Rise of Darkrai- if you even consider pokemon an anime...but this movie is the only one worth watching...along with the first
Tenchi Muyo
Love Hina
Oh my Goddess
Naruto
Cowboy Bebop
Evangelion-your not an anime fan if you havnt seen evangelion...its like your rite of passage to become a anime fan
Armitage
Ghost in a Shell
DragonballZ-gave up after Android series
and Yu-gi-oh Abridged series made by littlekuriboh- you can search youtube for them, frickin hilarious
Original Gundam
i guess i can add on Deathnote

those are a few to name for me

Aeonyx said:
That stuff is pretty funny sometimes, lol.

Oh, I've seen some ecchi stuff that is freakin hilarious, but nothing that could be considered real hentai. :)

I used to watch watch outlaw star, trigun, cowboy bebop, escaflowne, samurai jack(not anime but still good), 08th MS Team, Rurouni Kenshin, The Big O and Yu Yu Hakusho, all on toonami! brings back memories :lol:
Do they even show toonami anymore?

BlacRoseImmortal said:
I like Love Hina,

I must confess that I secretly really like Love Hina. I watched the whole series, along with 'Love Hina again' with my wife and we died laughing.

Humungotron said:
At least I'm not the only one who's seen it. The bicycle race is probably my favorite ep.
That, or the constant toilet hugging.

GoldenBoy FTW! That series cracked me up. And I agree the bike race is hilarious. "Study study study study study study study study!! Life is Study."

Here's just a quick list:

FILMS/SERIES WATCHED

Ghost in the Shell (original film, plus series and new film), Akira, Cowboy Bebop (complete series, plus film), Neon Genesis Evangelion, Please Teacher (complete series), Dirty Pair (watched some, not all), Bubblegum Crisis (watched some, not all), Trigun (complete series), Gundam 008th MS Team (complete series), Gundam 0083, Ninja Scroll, Gungrave (watched some, not all), MD Geist, Gundam Wing (complete series), Gundam Seed Destiny (complete series), Outlaw Star (complete series), El-Hazard: The Magnificent World (complete series), Rurouni Kenshin (complete series), Samurai Deeper Kyo (watched some, not all), Tenchi Muyo (complete series), Blood: The Last Vampire, Ranma 1/2 (complete series), Bleach (watched some, not all)

FILMS/SERIES, IN OWN COLLECTION

Trinity Blood (have complete series), Blue Seed (complete series), Please Twins (complete series), Appleseed (only have first new CGI film, but seen both), Iria, Armitage (both Poly & Dual Matrix), Parallel DUAL! Trouble Adventure (complete series), DearS (complete series), Virus (watched some, not all), Oh! My Goddess (five-episode mini-series plus film), Noein (complete series), Tokko (some, not all), Argentosoma (complete series), Hellsing (complete series), Neo Ranga (complete series), Najica Blitz Tactics (complete series), Ergo Proxy (minus last DVD), Samurai Girl (aka "Real Bout Highschool"; complete series), Witch Hunter Robin (complete series), S-cry-ed (complete), Divergence Eve (complete), NOIR (complete), RahXephon (complete), Elfen Lied (complete), Bubblegun Crisis: Tokyo 2040 (some, not all)

That's pretty much it in a nutshell, though I know I missed a few here and there, lol. Never seen any Hentai really :p

I try to switch it up and watch as wide a variety of Anime as possible, and for the most part everything I've seen I've very much enjoyed. There have been a couple exceptions however, lol.

FILMS/SERIES *NOT* TO WATCH

The Weathering Continent (complete lack of storyline/plot, no character development, animation not consistent, etc.), Brain-Powered (pretty much same inconsistencies as TWC, ugh)

I have watched / enjoyed
Outlaw Star
Trigun
Gundam Wing
DBZ
Cowboy Bebop
Tenchi Muyo
Maybe since there are a lot of references in this thread to other animes people enjoy I can pick a few out and have a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back