Favorite Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucy10203

Jr Member
i do and i looove bleach, d. gray man and... naruto *when its not on fillers*
my fav character are Allen, hitsugaya and KAKASHI!!!
if youve noticed, they all have white hair...lol, i think that makes them sexy :whistle: :love:
if you watch or read (manga), what is your fav show and characters?? *NO SPOILERS*

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaw, there's many anime fans here.
I'm a big Full Metal Alchemist/Ghost in the Shell/Ghibli fan. I'm currently in the middle of watching a series called Planetes which so far is proving to be really good.

RedTogusa said:
Yaw, there's many anime fans here.
I'm a big Full Metal Alchemist/Ghost in the Shell/Ghibli fan. I'm currently in the middle of watching a series called Planetes which so far is proving to be really good.
full metal was really good but it was only like 60 ep long. to short for me( plus, no one had white hair lol)
but you should check out Elfen Lied, it is only 13 ep long but it is by far one of the best series i have ever seen!! tons of gore and other stuff..

FMA, Death Note, I liked Bleach until they went through that crazy door and went to that training camp (whatever it was), and Trigun.

I like anime, Bleach mainly. I also like DB/DBZ/DBGT, Death Note, InuYasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, and sometimes Shin Chan. I just recently got into it (except DragonBall, been watching that forever), so I haven't watched too much, still looking for some good ones.

Tater Mane said:
FMA, Death Note, I liked Bleach until they went through that crazy door and went to that training camp (whatever it was), and Trigun.
i saw death note, but il admit it was a little creepy.. ( and evil)

Well its not real anime but i really like Avatar, good story and drawings. I used to watch Dragon Ball ( not DragonBall Z) but i got tired of all waiting.

You mean those foreign "cartoons" that I'm told I watch? Just a few

Dragonball
FMA
Hellsing
Ghost in a Shell
Armitage
Gravion
Evangelion

Plus my "cartoons" - Batman, and a few others once in a while.

Yeah! I don't mean to deviate from the discussion but avatar is awesome. Saka' my favorite. Im gonn'a start a thread bou't this now. :)

avatar is the nickolodeon cartoon right?? i always thought it was crap... i gues not lol

Avatar is pretty good, but like you said it isn't official Japanese anime. Also, falcon, glad I wasn't the only one that thought Dragonball was rather slow :p

mel_surf5 said:
avatar is the nickolodeon cartoon right?? i always thought it was crap... i gues not lol

Well its really good, i love the humor...The first couple of episode aren't that good but the character soka is really brilliant.

@ Seno,
yeah it took forever to get somewhere in that serie, and all the fights have the same pattern:
normal VS normal
normal VS weaker
Normal VS Ultra
Weaker VS Ultra
Ultra VS Ultra

and it keeps going on...and on....and on...and on!

I watch just about all anime that's out there, though I prefer watching them in their original Japanese dialogue. That's why I still have more than a hundred Japanese laserdics. I can't stand English dubs. I'm a mecha fan but I don't like many of them that have come out lately like Eureka Seven. God, I hate that show! Currently, I like Bleach enough to keep up with the latest episodes (I've seen 172 eps already), Death Note, Trinity Blood, Blood +, etc.

mel_surf5 said:
Technically, Avatar: The Last Airbender is not anime but it has a very good storyline, much better than any American cartoon.

Ral Partha said:
I watch just about all anime that's out there, though I prefer watching them in their original Japanese dialogue. That's why I still have more than a hundred Japanese laserdics. I can't stand English dubs. I'm a mecha fan but I don't like many of them that have come out lately like Eureka Seven. God, I hate that show! Currently, I like Bleach enough to keep up with the latest episodes (I've seen 172 eps already), Death Note, Trinity Blood, Blood +, etc.
Technically, Avatar: The Last Airbender is not anime but it has a very good storyline, much better than any American cartoon.
have you ever seen elfen lied?? i love it. bleach is getting annoying. its on stupid fillers again.. yuuuccckkk. i only watch anime in jap too.

mel_surf5 said:
have you ever seen elfen lied?? i love it.
Good anime.
My list is too much to post off the top of my head, but I would have to say my most favorite would be the complete Mobile Suit Gundam series, Bleah, Keroro Gunso (Sargent Frog), Fullmetal Alchemist , Neon Genesis Evangelion, Beserk, Lupin the 3rd, Fullmetal Panic, Death Note, and alot more.

Quadraxis said:
Good anime.
My list is too much to post off the top of my head, but I would have to say my most favorite would be the complete Mobile Suit Gundam series, Bleah, Keroro Gunso (Sargent Frog) Fullmetal Alchemist , Neon Genesis Evangelion, Beserk, Lupin the 3rd, Fullmetal Panic, Death Note, and alot more.
yesss! finally some has wacthed it.. i was starting to think that i was the only one

/a/hole reporting in! :p

I watch quite a bit. I tend to stay away from popular shows because they have a tendency to drag out and lose their luster once the creators just want to make money instead of a high quality show. I guess I'll make a list of shows I've seen/watching/reading (manga and light novels).

Neon Genesis Evangelion/ Completed and waiting for second movie of the rebuild series.
Ghost in the shell/ seen a lot of it.
Code Geass/ Seen all of season one and am up to date on season two. Starting the manga.
Cowboy Bebop/ Who hasn't seen this classic?
Full Metal Alchemist/ Completed. I heard the manga really sucks so I haven't read it.
Spice and Wolf/ Completed season one, reading light novel volume three, read the first manga volume
Utawareumono (I think I spelled that right)/ Completed
Eureka SeveN/ I can't believe I watched that show without gouging my eyes out. Battles were cool though.
To-LOVE-ru/ Up to date on the manga and anime.
Deathnote/ Seen the live action movies and watched the show
Blood +/ Decent but I watched it all
Fooly Cooly/ I won't even go into it....
S-CRY-ED/ Sorta got boring towards the end.
Samurai Shamploo (I spelled that right?)/ Lugan is awesome.

There is a lot more, but I don't feel like listing all of the mangas that I've read. :p
I'm going to get blasted but I can't stand Naruto/One Piece. Bleach I can handle... I don't know why, but Naruto and One Piece seem directed towards, well, children of the ages 10-12. I prefer shows that are more directed towards young adults/older teens.

lol, i laughed at what you said about naruto.. it is in a way directed to little kids, but im a sucker for ninja anime's. has anyone ever wacthed or read gantz?? its pretty good..

mel_surf5 said:
have you ever seen elfen lied?? i love it.
I've heard of it sometime ago but I kinda forgotten it. I'll have to look it up. I like the character design of that show that's why I still remember it.

mel_surf5 said:
bleach is getting annoying. its on stupid fillers again.. yuuuccckkk. i only watch anime in jap too.
The current story arc that they're showing on Cartoon Network (Bount arc) is an awful one. It gets a little better toward the end but is something you can live without. It's not in the manga, btw.

As for stupid fillers, wait until it gets to the pastry episode (#134) with Yumichika. That one takes the cake (pun intended) when it comes to bad. :cautious:

Razgriz said:
I'm going to get blasted but I can't stand Naruto/One Piece. Bleach I can handle... I don't know why, but Naruto and One Piece seem directed towards, well, children of the ages 10-12. I prefer shows that are more directed towards young adults/older teens.
Naruto is pretty much just filler episodes until it transitions to Shippuden. I hated One Piece at first maybe because of its character design but it grew on me by the time the Alabaster arc came around.

I prefer seinen anime, too. Anime with kids as the main characters don't appeal to me at all.

Ral Partha said:
I've heard of it sometime ago but I kinda forgotten it. I'll have to look it up. I like the character design of that show that's why I still remember it.
The current story arc that they're showing on Cartoon Network (Bount arc) is an awful one. It gets a little better toward the end but is something you can live without. It's not in the manga, btw.

As for stupid fillers, wait until it gets to the pastry episode (#134) with Yumichika. That one takes the cake (pun intended) when it comes to bad. :cautious:
your only on 134?? Youve got a long way ahead of you. im on the latest one which is like 172 i think..??
you can watch elfen lied ep on youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back