favorite line from halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorites was on the "Crow's Nest" level at the hanger, with the IWHBYD skull turned on. After I killed one of the grunts a brute yelled "He was my lover!"

on delta halo:

Marine: "dear sarge, kicking ass in the far reaches of of space, wishing you were here"

Johnson: " I heard that,... jackass"

Incoherent said:
One of my favorites was on the "Crow's Nest" level at the hanger, with the IWHBYD skull turned on. After I killed one of the grunts a brute yelled "He was my lover!"

seriously?
I want to play the game again, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Usually the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me Cupid!" Sergeant A.J. Johnson.

Here's some funny things I've heard marines say. IWHBYD skull on.
"Chief can you stand in front of me?"
"Can I borrow some socks?"
"Hey if your just gonna stand there, can you get me some whiskey?"
"Hehe those Brutes smell like wet dogs!"

More IWBYD stuff.

Marine if you steal a kill on the Ark. "Hey! I almost had an achievement."
Overkill in campaign. "Chief's on a killing frenzy!"
Save a marine "Chief, will you be my friend?"

Best stuff is from the monitor though on the Ark so far.

When you smack him enough. "You really are a moron."
When he gets caught in an enemy explosion. "I just got bitchslapped!"
When you are waiting for him to unlock stuff. "Looks like it's time for a blue light special."
When you die several times at the same spot 1- "Now that is the last titanium straw!"
When you die 2- "I told you to upgrade your combat skin."

This one from the brutes just makes me laugh.

"I shall make you into BACON!"

I've only heard this once, and tried to replicate it but have been unable to. It's from Halo 3, and the was in the building before you encounter the first Scarab. I threw a grenade and blew up a bunch of grunts and heard a marine yell...

"Dude! You're awesome! We HAVE to hang out!"

All great lines, can't decide which I like best, but here are some I haven't seen posted yet:

Johnson: Ohh, I know what the ladies like .... ladies like armor plating [dropping tank at bridge in Halo]

Johnson: Don't make me take off my belt [kids may not know what that means with today's child abuse laws - no paddles at school and no belts or switches at home ]

Anyone recognize any voices from the marines in Halo 2?

<blockquote>I knew it -- David Cross "In 2004, Cross provided voices for a Marine in the Xbox game Halo 2"

Laura Prepon, "Donna" from That 70's Show -- Halo 2 (2004) (VG) (voice) .... Marine</blockquote>

Those are just the two I thought I recognized, bet there are more

-dwoo

I prefer the lines
cortana "I know what your thinking, its crazy"
MC "Then stay here"
cortana "Unfortunatly for us both I like crazy"

And who can forget

Sergent Johnson the Never Dieing (except in halo 3)"I know what the ladies like"

Doom said:
"Now listen up! Back in my day, we didn't have fancy tanks! We had sticks. Two sticks and a rock for the entire platoon! And we had to share the rock! You should consider yourself very lucky marines!"

Sargent Johnson, on Metropolis, Heroic.

-Doom

That one's my favorite too!

colmon_9 said:
were screwed!

marine on t&r

I HATE THAT GUY! He gets on my nerves... Halo 1 marines are dumb. I was playing once and ran into some Hunters, and Johnson was like, "Hit the dirt!" and just stands there. *WHACK!* *death* I cannot believe how many times he's died in Halo 1 and STILL comes back in H2 and H3.

Incoherent said:
actuly they say he was my brother :whistle:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dwoo @ Oct 15 2007, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone recognize any voices from the marines in Halo 2?

<blockquote>I knew it -- David Cross "In 2004, Cross provided voices for a Marine in the Xbox game Halo 2"

Laura Prepon, "Donna" from That 70's Show -- Halo 2 (2004) (VG) (voice) .... Marine</blockquote>

Those are just the two I thought I recognized, bet there are more</div>

I'm a big Firefly fan... so when I saw the second disc that came with the Collectors Edition of Halo 3... I was happy to know that Nathan Fillion (Mal) and Adam Baldwin (Jayne) did voices for some of the marines.

Shacky said:
I'm a big Firefly fan... so when I saw the second disc that came with the Collectors Edition of Halo 3... I was happy to know that Nathan Fillion (Mal) and Adam Baldwin (Jayne) did voices for some of the marines.
Yea i noticed that while playing the game. In the level Tsavo highway (i think), the marine who is almost always talking at the begining, is Nathan Fillion.

I kid you not guys when we test played crows nest near the mid point where your in the hanger and the first phantom drop some grunts, 2 jackals and 1 er two brutes, pending diff settings to that nature... I had a friend be the arbiter and i jumped down from the control room as soon as one of the grunts saw me it said ITS THE CRACKER :eek: !! i'm like WTF!!! then started LMAO:lol: !!! damn even grunts are racist!!! What was stoppin them from makin a patch where they can where kkk outfits Damn space midgets!!!!

Shacky said:
yea i loved that too! "i wuz guna get me an ear too"

my favorite line was by a marine in halo 2 when i handed him a plasma rocket launcher thing (what the hell, why cant i remember its name???) and he shot the wall injuring all of us, he said "OK, no one panic, its under control"

there was another time one of them said something about getting pie cuz we did such a great job, cant remember exactly what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back