Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, two forearms already painted. I just have to add red markings on the right one and do both dark gray and red markings on left one.
But, I like how more 3d it's looking.

Also, I found other glove and just to compare the new improved pieces to old ones... I'm so happier with them. :3

View attachment 243743

Also, removed paint on the back piece (I have to admit I liked the paintjob on the back plate most from all armor plates) and added foam details and prepared for painting.
I added the pieces on the sides. They differ a little from the in-game model, but I wanted to make them as practical carabiners - so I can hook on things if I want... like a grenade or something... like a Mister Chief plushie, hehe. ;)

View attachment 243744 View attachment 243745
"Excuse me, ma'am...I think you have a Mister Chief plushie hanging from your butt...is that supposed to be there?":p

You should totally do that at a con BTW. Would make so many people's day... Seeing real-life Spartans usually make someone's day, but a Spartan with Mister Chief plushies hanging from their butt like war relics? Double-awesome. xD I would actually not mind supplying the Mister Chief for that...:D

Anyhow, I agree with the 3D look. Makes it look cleaner with sharper details. I also looks more detailed in general. yay!

Last edited:
Alright, weathered the pieces. This i pretty much all the actual damage I'm aiming for.
All I'll have to do now is to wait til dries and make it dirty.

DSC02615.JPG

"Excuse me, ma'am...I think you have a Mister Chief plushie hanging from your butt...is that supposed to be there?":p

You should totally do that at a con BTW. Would make so many people's day... Seeing real-life Spartans usually make someone's day, but a Spartan with Mister Chief plushies hanging from their butt like war relics? Double-awesome. xD I would actually not mind supplying the Mister Chief for that...:D

Anyhow, I agree with the 3D look. Makes it look cleaner with sharper details. I also looks more detailed in general. yay!

Hahah. XD Mister Chief is a cutie. ;) And he's been in many different places... boobs or butt, what difference will it make. ;)

15203181_1631427093824108_6236748020675723095_n.jpg

Opps I ment paint stripper
And maybe use a grunt plushie

Grunt plushie? YES please. :D If they'll ever make a nice affordable plush then sure. I'm not considering that PAX exclusive plushie that is on eBay for like 100$... If they ever make plushie for like 10-15$, then I'll buy it.
But til it happens, Mister Chief will have to be enough. ;)

Alright, weathered the pieces. This i pretty much all the actual damage I'm aiming for.
All I'll have to do now is to wait til dries and make it dirty.

View attachment 243747

Hahah. XD Mister Chief is a cutie. ;) And he's been in many different places... boobs or butt, what difference will it make. ;)

View attachment 243748

Grunt plushie? YES please. :D If they'll ever make a nice affordable plush then sure. I'm not considering that PAX exclusive plushie that is on eBay for like 100$... If they ever make plushie for like 10-15$, then I'll buy it.
But til it happens, Mister Chief will have to be enough. ;)
Omg.....
They cost that much that is insane
I rekcon you could find templates online for one

Spartan55 Nah, I can't sew. ^^ If they will ever release, great, I'll most likely buy it.

Weathered the abdominal armor plate. I am aware I still have to make it dirty with some washes... but it's the comparison new vs old. I like the new pieces way more...
// Also, my gloves finally arrived. Gotta just go to the store and get them, so expect an update soon. //

DSC02616.JPG

Looks really nice love how it looks as if it pulled out of the game
And sowing sucks epically wean you have to do it by hand because your sowing mechanic can't sowe the matrial trust me....... not fun

Making it dirty and all... And for comparison, old glove.

DSC02617.JPG

EDIT: Finished painting and weathering. Now just have to seal paint and later tonight will glue everthing together. Just for comparison old vs new.

DSC02619.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
mblackwell1002 Thanks! I like it too so much more. ^^

Spartan55 :)

Alright! Almost finished the glove. Almost, because I will still have to make a small part with foam for the trigger finger, but I've used contact glue for the first time. o.o It's permanent now I guess.
But I totally like how it looks now. Especially compared to the old one.

DSC02624.JPG

ALSO, finished two other pieces. Abdominal and butt plates.

DSC02622.JPG

DSC02620.JPG

Here finished abdominal plate on the torso. Much cleaner and sharper... and much gray.

DSC02623.JPG

Looking at specifically the Halo 5 Palmer, I think it looks much closer now.

H5G-CmdrSarahPalmer.png

Attachments

• H5G-CmdrSarahPalmer.png
    H5G-CmdrSarahPalmer.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 395
Yes but yours looks a lot (chocking noise) sorry choked on my droll but any your armour is a lot dirtyer but I think that makes it look better

Every time I see your updates, they look cleaner and cleaner. You're doing great, and I've followed you on FB too ;)

Spartan55 Oh, I'm aware I'm making armor dirtier than the in-game model. What I don't like in the in-game model it has plenty of scratches but it looks like it's been just cleaned. No dirt at all. Which doesn't make any sense... So I of course wanted to not only add scratches but make it dirty. And white/gray colors are first to appear bit more yellow-ish from all other colors.
Not to mention that the in-game model has the very same mirrored scratches on both sides... ;)

TwinMustang THank you! :D I'm very happy you like it! :D And thanks. ;)

- // - UPDATE - // -

Finished those remaining small parts.

DSC02625.JPG

ALSO, finished the right forearm too!

DSC02626.JPG
DSC02627.JPG

Oh, and here is another comparison old vs new.I have to say I am finally very satisfied how the pieces are looking and damn... Seeing old odes makes me want to crawl under a rock and pretend it never happened... ._.

sfgs.JPG

Last update for tonight... Removed the paint and added details. Will prime now and tomorrow - painting.
May not be 'big' progress but time-consuming for sure... and sorry, already secured the pieces for painting.

DSC02631.JPG

Spartan55 Oh, I'm aware I'm making armor dirtier than the in-game model. What I don't like in the in-game model it has plenty of scratches but it looks like it's been just cleaned. No dirt at all. Which doesn't make any sense... So I of course wanted to not only add scratches but make it dirty. And white/gray colors are first to appear bit more yellow-ish from all other colors.
Not to mention that the in-game model has the very same mirrored scratches on both sides... ;)

TwinMustang THank you! :D I'm very happy you like it! :D And thanks. ;)

- // - UPDATE - // -

Finished those remaining small parts.

View attachment 243838

ALSO, finished the right forearm too!

View attachment 243839 View attachment 243840

Oh, and here is another comparison old vs new.I have to say I am finally very satisfied how the pieces are looking and damn... Seeing old odes makes me want to crawl under a rock and pretend it never happened... ._.

View attachment 243841
Yeah I know it's weird right
I plan on my boots almost being brown from mud, grim and other crap because there os no way that a spartan has enough time to go and clean their armour spotless between missions or on the ground.

Spartan55 That's very good choice. :D I Also think armor should be dirtier on the boots and on the pieces closer to ground or that are more exposed to potential dirt and dust and all. Same with scratches and all. :)
Also, funny thing is that canon-wise Spartans aren't really able to clean and tend to their armor... only the eggheads. Weird, right? :D

Now, very late update and heading straight to bed.

Finished painting scratches for both the left forearm and the hand plates... Tomorrow will weather those and hopefully finish.
Also, almost finished removing paint from right thigh piece...

DSC02632.JPG

Spartan55 That's very good choice. :D I Also think armor should be dirtier on the boots and on the pieces closer to ground or that are more exposed to potential dirt and dust and all. Same with scratches and all. :)
Also, funny thing is that canon-wise Spartans aren't really able to clean and tend to their armor... only the eggheads. Weird, right? :D

Now, very late update and heading straight to bed.

Finished painting scratches for both the left forearm and the hand plates... Tomorrow will weather those and hopefully finish.
Also, almost finished removing paint from right thigh piece...

View attachment 243896
the boots are worn out from drop kicking grunts:D
if you read the books (which I'm sure most have) it actually sounds like they have little to no knowledge on how to repaired and maintain their suites the closest thing I can remember to a accrue mention of a Spartan fixing their suit was Kelly putting new parts on after the fall of reach. it's really weird considering how they maintain the rest of their equipment.....
but back on topic have you ever used the 'mustered' method to getting the chipped paint effect punished props has a great tutorial on it if your wondering what I mean but could you put a video up (like you did with the magnetic holster) demonstrating some of your weathering methods ?

Spartan55 Oh, I remember that. But it was at the beginning. Currently in Spartan-IV program only the eggheads are to maintenance the armor.
Directly quoting from Halo 4 LE's journal "CARE FOR ARMOR: a. All Spartan-IV Armor care is performed on S-Deck in the Armor Bay by qualified CLass-B1 Techs. Spartan-IVs are never to attempt any careor maintenance of the armor themselves."
Also, yep. I am very familiar with the chipping method - most people use either mustard or latex. Personally I don't like using this method.

Alright! Let's go, baby!

Resined the shoe plates. 3 layers inside and outside. I might have to modify the back part, those sides to stick more to the shoe, but I'm much happier how they look.
The size difference isn't big! But it makes a difference.

I'll fiberglass those tomorrow and they'll be ready for bondo work and detailing... but I'm sure it won't take long. :3

DSC02637.JPG

DSC02639.JPG

DSC02640.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back