Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by CommanderPalmer, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Dirtdives

Dirtdives Keeper of Con Lists Community Staff

Those look more like Keds..........

2. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi Sr Member

We can rule out that they are not Converse... I don't see the star.

3. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Well-Known Member

These are Converse, guys. :p

Here, unveiled the whole mystery. ;)

Also, few more photos. Have many more but will have to sit and look at them first.

But here is my Palmer 1.5 work-in-progress to 2.0:

halo1.JPG
    halo2.JPG
    halo3.JPG

Here, for comparison, how it looked last year 1.0

haloq.jpg

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  4. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi Sr Member

What?? Seriously? I don't see a star! As you can see I have this fixation on stars for some reason...

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  5. CommanderPalmer

PaiganBoi It's in the back. XD But these are Converse Chucks. ;)

Few more shots - I have many photos and few small videos. Everything from my own camera as my mom was with me. Unfortunately I didn't find anything online, even though many people did photos.

Anyway, we were also having a guy making a video.

halo2.JPG

Here is a beautiful shot that pleases me. With light and shadow play you can exactly see the improved pieces so nicely. The different details giving it more dimensions and appear more 3d. So nice :D

halo3.jpg

I even a very personal Cortana. ;)

halocort.JPG

Also, here is a b-roll slo-mo of us making shots for the video. ;)

macktruck, Spartan55 and PaiganBoi like this.
  6. Spartan55

Spartan55 Member

Wow just wow such a amazing costume I'm so glad that I followed the thread and I cry on the inside every time i see one of those energy swords because they weren't released in Australia :cry:

Also I like how no one falls overin the video .... so you did better than I did wean me and my mate tryed doing a video wean we had our minecraft cosplays (don't ask:whistle:) and I feel over and face planted ​

7. CommanderPalmer

Spartan55 - you can order them from Gamestop US, this is where I got it from, they send worldwide.

Hahah, it's better to run as a Spartan than a square block. :)

8. macktruck

macktruck Member

Words can not describe how Legendary that set of armor is. Truly amazing work.

9. Spartan55

Spartan55 Member

There just so expensive also wean I'm dressed as felix xxtrancexx and I will probably swap props for the con (he has my scatter shot I have his energy sword)
    Also forgot to say before did you yell out at any point " hey mum get the camera"

And I need some help did you put this detail on both sides of the helmet
    image.jpg
    Because my cast only had it on one side?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  10. CommanderPalmer

macktruck Wow, thank you so much! <3 Really appreciate. :D

Spartan55 Unfortunately, yeah it is expensive. 50$ + shipping. Still, IMO it's an amazing prop and I'm totally in love.

About the helmet cast - thing is that the helmet is inaccurate with many details... So, you can either keep it or sand it down - but be careful, you could make a hole if it's hollow inside. It's up to you.
    Normally, in the area underneath the visor there is no part like that at all - both going into the helmet or protruding out, but like I said, the helmet cast has many inaccurate parts.

11. Spartan55

Spartan55 Member

Thanks for clearing that up

12. SilverRosemary

SilverRosemary New Member

Wow! I'm a new female costume maker and this thread was super inspiring!

I'm going to make mine much more feminine. I've already been getting some * on for my sketches on some other places buuuuuuuttttt :rolleyes:

13. CommanderPalmer

Spartan55 You're welcome.

SilverRosemary Thank you very much for your kind words and I'm happy you like it. :) Good luck with your costume!

- UPDATE -

Alright, no photos now, but few behind-the-scenes videos from a short video we filmed on Gamescom.
    Short clips rather, but I wanted to upload them as I really appreciate them - my mom was actually doing these and all pics.

This short video of me on Halo Wars 2 booth. I was staying there multiple times or circling around the Xbox booth overall. Some people wanted photos and I'm happy it was captured on the video - showing my mobility that I can crouch or kneel. ;)

Here more of the BTS footage. Slo-mo run, because apparently slo-mo is cool. ;)

Simple short footage of us having a short break during filming different shots.

Another epic slo-mo. I only wish so hard it was sharp at the beginning... would have been so * epic. ._.

I have few more of those short videos.

Schankerz likes this.
  14. CommanderPalmer

I guess it's official, right? ;)

palmer4.JPG

Also, few last behind-the-scenes footage.

Schankerz and PaiganBoi like this.
  15. CommanderPalmer

I realized I forgot to link here the painting&weathering tutorial/walkthrough... o_O
    Here you go:

16. Hein B107

Hein B107 Jr Member

i don't want to be that guy who revives a dead thread, but where did you get the foam for detailing? i feel that i would save me some time detailing an odst helmet.

it'still in the pre-pep/pep fase but i like to get all the info i can get for materials and such :D

17. Alexx570

Alexx570 New Member

Haha this is a nice work. The best part are the tennis xD.