Femalespartan's Odst / Dare Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bethanxx

Hey there 405th!

It's a while since I've worked properly on a project - I guess I got too sidetracked with other things and I really haven't had enough time to put towards a build!

Thing is, I was browsing the forums a few weeks ago and I realised that 13th August would mark my first whole year of being here - and apart from the writing I do for the Source, I didn't have much to show for it! I thought it was about time I started working on something again; something a bit different from last time.

With the London MCM Expo coming up too, I was hoping to have something finished so that I could go down there in cosplay - I think I'll be finished, but it's gonna be struggle to get down there in the first place! Trains cost a fortune these days!

Anyway, prepare to drop! Here's my progress.

ZHEE PEPAKURAA

- Chest packs

IMAGE_621.jpg

- Belt (Those buckle things are a pain in the backside, I'll get round to it eventually :L )

IMAGE_622.jpg

- Hip plates

IMAGE_623.jpg

ZHEE FIBREGLASS & RESIN *evil face*

Untitled-1copy.jpg

- Chest packs

IMAGE_632.jpg

We got this far and were getting ready to start bondo-ing. Then this happened:

IMAGE_626.jpg

Typical English weather! It tipped it down with rain, it even thundered. I probably looked like this. ↓

angry_wet_cat_list_view.jpg

ZHEE BONDO

Got up next morning and the weather was better, so started the bondo. Really do hate this stuff! It was a nightmare to sand and it just got everywhere. I had body filler all over my nice new pumps :’(

- Some chest packs being sanded

IMAGE_635.jpg

- Hip plates and belt before sanded

IMAGE_637.jpg

- One half sanded, one not

IMAGE_636.jpg

- Sanding the chest plate

IMAGE_634.jpg

- All laid out

IMAGE_657.jpg

I haven’t finished sanding everythingg yet, but I’m thinking of leaving some of the little dents in to look like battle damage. I don’t want it to look like it’s fresh out of the UNSC factory!

It’s been a bit tricky to get the scaling right cause my body shape isn’t exactly what the ODST was designed for, but I’m hoping it’ll work out okaay.

I'll update when I can, and would love some constructive critisim! :]

See you on the ground soldiers!

Alrighty then! Way to start cranking these out. When's the expo?

I've got faith in you to finish this on time regardless, but remember; Don't rush TOO quickly, lest you mess up on something and have to start over on a piece.
wink.gif

Very nice!

Shins are a pain BTW, only have pepped one :|.

Good luck with your build you've gotten off to a clean start.

Underdogg13 said:
Look's awesome so far.

Thanks!

Harding29 said:
looks great nice job and keep us posted

Thanks! I'm trying to do a little more each day, so I'm hoping to update every couple of days.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Alrighty then! Way to start cranking these out. When's the expo?

I've got faith in you to finish this on time regardless, but remember; Don't rush TOO quickly, lest you mess up on something and have to start over on a piece.
wink.gif

Thanks Radioactive! The Expo is near the end of October, so I've got a few months. I'll try not to rush! :]

Overlord_Ian said:
Great job :D Keep us updated.

HaloFreakX said:
Very nice!

Shins are a pain BTW, only have pepped one :|.

Good luck with your build you've gotten off to a clean start.

Thanks! Hahaa yeahh, I opened the file and I sat there like "WOAHH."

Looks like its gonna be even worse than the tiny little round piece on the middle chest pack!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuki-Kedamono said:
whoo you go girl! can't wait to see it all finished an you wearin it! keep us posted!

Hahaa thanks Yuki! I sure will! I can't wait to see yours finished too! :]

On the the tiny round piece I was trying to get it together but then the piece started to get out of line with numbers so, I just stuck it on the bottom piece of it and just stuck it on there via Uber Glue.. Pretty solid after the resin.

I've got a long way to go too..

Makes just a little sadder that I gotta pep the shins again, lol.

Well well well, lol, You finally made the thread.

YOU ARE WAY AHEAD OF MEH!!

The armor looks awsome so far!! Keep it up and you will deffinately turn some heads over there at that EXPO of yours.

Keep us posted trooper!!

See ya on the ground, OO-RAH!!

-Pony

Great work!! ODST looks way easier than MKVI. I migh have to do one when I finish with my current project ;D

HaloFreakX said:
On the the tiny round piece I was trying to get it together but then the piece started to get out of line with numbers so, I just stuck it on the bottom piece of it and just stuck it on there via Uber Glue.. Pretty solid after the resin.

I've got a long way to go too..

Makes just a little sadder that I gotta pep the shins again, lol.

Awww, you have to do your shins again? *goes to find HaloFreak's thread*

That's such a shame! I hope everything works out though :]

ACDCrockr209 said:
Well well well, lol, You finally made the thread.

YOU ARE WAY AHEAD OF MEH!!

The armor looks awsome so far!! Keep it up and you will deffinately turn some heads over there at that EXPO of yours.

Keep us posted trooper!!

See ya on the ground, OO-RAH!!

-Pony

Hahaa thanks so much Pony! I'd love to be able to come and troop with the American ODSTs, if only there was a bridge over the Atlantic!

And best of luck with your build too by the way! I can't wait to see it all come together!

I changed my mind about the pink visor - I think I'll just paint the stripe in the middle of the helmet pink instead!

See you on the ground too!

Haven923 said:
Great work!! ODST looks way easier than MKVI. I migh have to do one when I finish with my current project ;D

Thanks! I think ODST is quite a bit easier cause there's less pepakura to do - Hope the project goes well for you!

Brothers Darkness said:
Looks like we'll have a full ODST battalion ready to drop when the game does!!!

Very nice work femalespartan!

Thanks!

It certainly does! There's quite a few ODST projects popping up, they're awesome! Love yours by the way, very professional :]

Bloodl3tt3r said:
I like the cat picture. XD

Going good. But why is everything all glowy in the last picture? o_O

Hahaa that cat does look pretty mad >.<

I'm not sure really! I think the camera must have been misted up or something o_O

I changed my mind about the pink visor - I think I'll just paint the stripe in the middle of the helmet pink instead!

Sounds awsome! Are you going for the WETA helmet or the new smoother one that just came out??

-Pony

Looking really good there! Add another member from the UK to the ranks of ODST.

What color scheme are you planning to use by the way?

And HA! I've looked like that cat a couple of times too due to horrible weather. Keep it up gal! Looking forward to seeing more from ya! :)

ACDCrockr209 said:
Sounds awsome! Are you going for the WETA helmet or the new smoother one that just came out??

-Pony

Thanks :] Oooooh I'm not sure! Do you have any recommendations? I haven't really thought about it yet! :]

pooper said:
Looking really good there! Add another member from the UK to the ranks of ODST.

What color scheme are you planning to use by the way?

And HA! I've looked like that cat a couple of times too due to horrible weather. Keep it up gal! Looking forward to seeing more from ya! :)

Thanks Pooper!

I'm going for the normal metalish-grey with battle damage, and then I think I'll paint the stripe down the middle of the helmet pink! Not a reaaaally bright pink though if you know what I mean hahaa!

Ohh yeah, typical British weather! It's useless, when you want it to be dry it rains; then when you need rain its as dry as anything! The cat pretty much says it all! :]

Thanks :] Oooooh I'm not sure! Do you have any recommendations? I haven't really thought about it yet! :]

Well, if you want the fast way, go for the weta version, but if you want the detailed version, go for rundown's new ODST helmets. He made a rookie(standard ODST) and Dutch.

Both versions are awsome.

-Pony

hey wicked work! weathers rather annoying aye?

slowing my progress right down

keep up the good work, nice to see a female odst on squad:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back