File it under Crimmson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I added the text, it appears when you first open as a rectangle outside of the print border, but it's no biggy if it isn't (at least for me). I'm tempted to unfold the skull emblem, but I have other things I need to get done. Man I love the weekends! I can't wait to see what you do next, if you ever need help with, say, concept work for the back, idk, I may be able to help come up with something, but I'm sure you're all over that by now ;)

-Seth
(The Armorer (on the RPF))

UNSC. i did not put the banner in the model as i figured it would be easier to get scratch build one and then resin it.
this thing is huge dont even know if it is pepable but here it is none the less enjoy.

unsc3.jpg

unsc2-1.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?606lhdxc7x63q91

version 2

UNSCv2.jpg

unscv3.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?fndj6k2ubkcduxk

I'm pretty sure I added the text, it appears when you first open as a rectangle outside of the print border, but it's no biggy if it isn't (at least for me). I'm tempted to unfold the skull emblem, but I have other things I need to get done. Man I love the weekends! I can't wait to see what you do next, if you ever need help with, say, concept work for the back, idk, I may be able to help come up with something, but I'm sure you're all over that by now ;)

-Seth
(The Armorer (on the RPF))

sure i gladly accept all the help i can get especially with the back of the forerunner. post the pics here if you want or atleast the links.

When I started to think about it, I think I've got a way to make the costume, it would need to be foam though (I just don't see fiberglass working, just because of how hard it is, and foam will be close to the actual texture, hey! you may not even need to plasti dip or paint it! :p )... my mouth seems to keep going on unnecessarily sometimes, here's my design so far (I'll go over the rest if this part makes sense):

Level_12_prometheancostumeexlpanation_zpsbae33b66.jpg

The under armor would be underneath everything, and the helmet would be separate with the hood/mantle coming up to it, but not attached.

Let me know what you think of it

-Seth

i have the chest, some of the arms, some of the legs and some of the back modeled. I can sent you the blend file over to you if you want, so that you can take a look at it. right now i am at laredo, tx at my sister in laws house should be home tonight. everything you highlighted is all ready done except the helmet. we just need to cut it up.

That would be great- I'll take a look at them, kind of make a mock up of where/how to separate the models. I'll pm you my email address.

I could even unfold them if you want, but I really can't say how fast I'll be, a lot of things are on my to-do list, especially since warm weather is right around the corner ;)

-Seth

side request

I really enjoy doing this, only draw back is that time just flies when i model. I believe that it is done, i tried clearing all the doubles and open edges as best as i could. some one with more experience with blender can look at it if they want.

rwby
gunscythe2.jpg

gunscythe.jpg

link
http://www.mediafire.com/?abfn0f4jg4xjuf9

here is an update on the forerunner. this pic is from the back, this will probably change as we go along.

forerunnerv2.jpg

side request

I really enjoy doing this, only draw back is that time just flies when i model. not done yet
I use pepakura desinger to find the open edges to fix as well as what is built in to blender.
still in laredo, tx

teaser rwby
RWBY2.jpg

RWBY.jpg

RWBYSYTHEGUN.jpg

SWEET! :D I've seen someone already request this on the pep request thread, I saw you put it up there (one thumbs up from me ;) ).

here is an update on the forerunner. this pic is from the back, this will probably change as we go along.

forerunnerv2.jpg

I was thinking much the same thing, except (if you want to remodel of course :p , it's fine the way it is) have the 'jetpack' extrusions go draw inside of the suit, which would leave them looking like vents... But that's just a suggestion, you are trying your hand at something that no one (to my knowledge) has ever done before and has no reference to, so it's all up to you how you want it ;)

-Seth

SWEET! :D I've seen someone already request this on the pep request thread, I saw you put it up there (one thumbs up from me ;) ).

I was thinking much the same thing, except (if you want to remodel of course :p , it's fine the way it is) have the 'jetpack' extrusions go draw inside of the suit, which would leave them looking like vents... But that's just a suggestion, you are trying your hand at something that no one (to my knowledge) has ever done before and has no reference to, so it's all up to you how you want it ;)

-Seth

this is just a version that i might go with if you draw up anything post it please, i can see what i want inside my head but translating it to a 3d model is something else. derp.
i start my seven day night shift tonight at 6pm. i wont be able to model anything while i am gone but i can post comments at least. I sent you the .blend model . enjoy

I will don't worry :p it might just take me a day or two to get it the way I want it (aka time to actually draw it :p ).

-Seth
EDIT:

Well here's a rough sketch (using autodesk)

forrunnerbackconcept_zps9b3a4053.jpg

and the direct link for better view:
http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums...ew_Wales/forrunnerbackconcept_zps9b3a4053.jpg

Will get something going as soon as I can. Do you use sketchbook pro or something else. I have but never use it. Derp. I like that set up for the back, it flows more inline with the front.

I've got Sketchbook Express 2011, it came free with my wacom tablet.

Don't worry it's not life and death with the modelling, I've got to work on my Noble six anyway :p

-Seth

okay the RYWB gun/blade is too epic, if you make one send it to the guys at redvsblue it's one thing burnie needs at work.

okay the RYWB gun/blade is too epic, if you make one send it to the guys at redvsblue it's one thing burnie needs at work.

Thank you. I plan on splitting the gun from scythe, and make to where it will lock in place for train Sebastian. Right now it is only working model. Who or what is red vs blue

I think he means Rooster Teeth the company that made that anime with the scythe gun. And if you don't know what Red vs. Blue is, then you need to go to halo boot camp :p In essence it's a halo machinima that's been running for over 10 seasons, here's the first episode:

-Seth

Last edited by a moderator:
well seth the frist rule of RVB is caboose is the man behind everything, FL is captain flowers. some one just need to make an andy bomb that talks and put it on their door step. and will somebody please tell tex calioera is her kid. plus to all noobs in the world, crtl f u as command would put it.

i guess we are starting fresh. I am glad we went back to the old style as I like this much better. thank you mod team.

train here is the rwby file. it has been cleaned up, but needs unfolding

Crimmson5153b9b75612b.jpg
rwby.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mdq5dsqhmje2mx0/Crimmsons_RWBY_Gun_Scythe_500mm.pdo

I know other people have been working on this but here's my two cents. it is a game rip model I found on the internetsss. I did some heavy clean up work , cut in details that I liked and defined the model. it is not my original model, but I did a lot of heavy editing. I have seen some of the undersuit models here and they look different than the one I am working on, but that is a good thing right. the more the merrier, variety is the spice of life etc. this model looks thicker than the other ones here, for some reason.

original:
oriundersuit2.jpg
to me it looks cluttered and full of tri's
oriundersuit.jpg
clean up work by me. front
UNDERSUIT2.jpg
back
UNDERSUIT1.jpg

undersuit4.jpg

undersuit3.jpg

just some eye candy.
MC.png

I like the color red
MC1.png

oh yeah, link thingy, not unfolded:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2f0bk627sz1x8gb

Thank you zombiegrimm for the files. I am currently splitting the didact helm. split you say? well when I opened the file the helm looked solid but as I zoomed in I could see where the vertices intersected with others and decided to pull it apart. each individual piece is completely enclosed or boxed in and then assembled together to form the helm.it seems like the modeler box modeled each piece. current progress.

unsplit helm:

didactunsplithelm.jpg

split helm, no further clean up work done yet:

didactsplithelm.jpg
don't know if I would prefer it this way, to build, or a solid version of this. I also wonder if it would be easier to build and then assemble over your head.

side view:

didactsideviewsplit.jpg

update:

everything that is highlighted is stitched back together. I only got until tomorrow to work on this before I go back to work. hopefully I get my rv situated and I can take my comp with me to continue working on this.

didactstichedhelm.jpg

there were some gaps that I had to fill in once I started putting it back together I am trying my hardest not to change anything unless it is absolutely needed.

highlighted area is where I had to fill in and change it slightly to make it line up. well actually none of the seems matched up perfectly but it wasn't a major overhaul to get them to line up. I will take pics of before and after on the next piece I stitch together. you can also see how much I have cleaned up on the model. I don't know why some modelers prefer to have a lot of tri's. this model and the masterchief has a lot of tri's in the model its self.

didacthelmstitchedsideview.jpg

this pic is for reference only, to compare before and after, this pic is before I started working on this.

didactreference.jpg
thanks for watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back