File it under Crimmson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that doesn't look unfolded. I need it to be used for making templates for foam. Currently waiting for Death to work on that. Right now I can work on the boots and shins at least.

sorry i cant help you with foam unfolds i am barely learning how to unfold the files myself.

Hay crimmson i thought i would let you know the scout shoulder is unfolded for peping in the 405th community 4 shared thingy, just too save you the time, not by me by the way, also thanks heaps for the recruit shoulder and legs much appreciated.

Hay crimmson i thought i would let you know the scout shoulder is unfolded for peping in the 405th community 4 shared thingy, just too save you the time, not by me by the way, also thanks heaps for the recruit shoulder and legs much appreciated.

Your welcome. I think i will update the op with all of the ready and in progress list

Yeah that doesn't look unfolded. I need it to be used for making templates for foam. Currently waiting for Death to work on that. Right now I can work on the boots and shins at least.

Why not have a bash at it yourself, rather than wait for everybody else to do the work for you?

Oh forgot to ask, Are these pepakura files up to scale?

to a specific measurement... not that I am aware of. I honestly don't know how to scale to a specific measurement in blender. I believe it would get changed when you rescale it to your measurements in pepakura. I need a smart person.

spartansonny
spartonsonnysnakeyes.png
which one do you want me to continue on. this one or do I need to start over.

snakeeyes.png

snakeeyes33back.png

this one

snakeyes5.png

snakeeyes6back.png
I got carried away with it in blender, it seems like a lot of work, bbuuuuuttttt..... its only a click of a button, but I still needed to reorganize all the faces after wards to where I wanted them. looks nice though. just wondering how you will make the visor or will you just poke holes in it.(ha)(whispering) I did this at work I went and hide like atreyuo from the never ending story and worked on it, and the sandwhich sucked) I am a mechanic in the oil fields and one of the first things you learn is how to hide in plain sight. ninja skill exp +3

or is the one from the internets good enough.

to a specific measurement... not that I am aware of. I honestly don't know how to scale to a specific measurement in blender. I believe it would get changed when you rescale it to your measurements in pepakura. I need a smart person...

On your view screen, there's a + in the upper right corner. Click that and a box opens up. When in "object mode" it will have Location, Rotation, Scale, and Dimensions. The X Y Z Dimensions are your overall outside measurements. These numbers are measured in millimeters.

So for example you make a helmet measuring 5, 5, 10, and in Pepakura you want 300mm height, your "scale" in Pepakura would be 30 and your measurements would be 150, 150, 300.

I think that's where people are getting confused as to when they scale in Pepakura and one scale of a helmet is not the same as another helmet. It all depends on the initial model's dimensions in whatever 3d program you are creating it in.

On your view screen, there's a + in the upper right corner. Click that and a box opens up. When in "object mode" it will have Location, Rotation, Scale, and Dimensions. The X Y Z Dimensions are your overall outside measurements. These numbers are measured in millimeters.

So for example you make a helmet measuring 5, 5, 10, and in Pepakura you want 300mm height, your "scale" in Pepakura would be 30 and your measurements would be 150, 150, 300.

I think that's where people are getting confused as to when they scale in Pepakura and one scale of a helmet is not the same as another helmet. It all depends on the initial model's dimensions in whatever 3d program you are creating it in.

thank you, right now they read 4,6,and 7, that clarified a lot Kingrahl(I like your avatar)

dd117
it is at 6,6,6

to a specific measurement... not that I am aware of. I honestly don't know how to scale to a specific measurement in blender. I believe it would get changed when you rescale it to your measurements in pepakura. I need a smart person.

spartansonny
spartonsonnysnakeyes.png
which one do you want me to continue on. this one or do I need to start over.

snakeeyes.png

snakeeyes33back.png

this one

snakeyes5.png

snakeeyes6back.png
I got carried away with it in blender, it seems like a lot of work, bbuuuuuttttt..... its only a click of a button, but I still needed to reorganize all the faces after wards to where I wanted them. looks nice though. just wondering how you will make the visor or will you just poke holes in it.(ha)(whispering) I did this at work I went and hide like atreyuo from the never ending story and worked on it, and the sandwhich sucked) I am a mechanic in the oil fields and one of the first things you learn is how to hide in plain sight. ninja skill exp +3

or is the one from the internets good enough.

Crimsonn i think it looks great bro! i choose the first oe. can we smooth it out a bit more so we cdan get rid of the triangle sections? it would be that much easier to work with if it was rectangular polys instead of triangles and all that. if its too much i can work with that just fine! thanks again. off to job one now, after that job two.

Hay crimmson I don't know if it is my inability to scale or what but I have built two of the recruit shoulders, one was just the file the way it was and the other was scaled up by 20% to fit my arm, it didnt fit but with a simple cut it did.

That's not my problem by the way, the issue is when scaled up or even in its normal state it sticks off heaps, its commical( by the way not a dig at your modelling) I actually enjoyed making it.

I was wondering if in the future sometime you could review the file.

I love the work you've done on the Pioneer and look forward to it's completion. I happen to like that armor as well.

Yeah. That's kinda scary, now that you point it out. Except the duke isn't a revolver, in the gameplay he loads in a shell that just happens to have 6 shots

destiny duke, modeled by me, my favorite by the way, new pick due to changes to model. I almost didn't release this due to me wanting to horde it but...
it wouldn't be nice to dangle it front of you guys and not release it. hope you guys like it

http://www.mediafire.com/view/jxfh65kqp3cbsbi/destiny_duke.obj
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6vchjd922rbkb53/DESTINY_DUKE.pdo

destiny red death modeled by me, new pic due to changes to model

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wp1oe6xobofwn99/destiny_red_death_final.pdo

enjoy. any problems with the files please let me know or if you can fix it please do so, or if you want to modify any of my files go right ahead just give some credit please.

Is there an alternative DL site for the Destiny files? Mediafire appears to be down.

Good looking models!

no updates, lets just say I finally got free time and I used it unwisely, playing a joke on the mlp thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back