Finheads Ironman Build - Prototype Hing With Chin Movement P.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
so after all the tinkering is complete and all your work is caught up on, is there a chance you would release the finished product as an item for sale? granted juice had no problems with his hinge being mass produced.

Quartermain3000 said:
HA!!!

Don't hold back now, Finhead... Tell us how you really feel. :p

thats funny. it made me lol for real

reminds me of something a morning talk show host would ask someone.

"you are not the father..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, not a genius just finally go t down to it been meaning to play with it for a month or so.

Goosebot 5000 said:
so after all the tinkering is complete and all your work is caught up on, is there a chance you would release the finished product as an item for sale? granted juice had no problems with his hinge being mass produced.

I could but my plan was once I got something working proper was to draw it up (it'll be paper cause I have zero pc skills) And post up what I have for everyone to build, I'm not keeping anything to myself. Haven't yet why would I bother to start now. :p :cool

JUICE said:
No problem from me.

Cool, I had to mod your design to get the chin to work though. ;) :cool

Quartermain3000 said:
HA!!!

Don't hold back now, Finhead... Tell us how you really feel. :p

I'm too old to learn to tapdance. :lol

Oh sorry and an update.

Got a bit of time at lunch and just now when I got home to play. I'm not satisfied with the movement just yet, the faceplate lost some travel with the chin mod. I'll have to work on it another time though, I'm sure someone smarted than I will have it figured out soon enough though. I'll see I can get a few drawings up in the next few days, I don't want to post pics of the setup I have it's a prototype so very ugly in there. But I think it work ok for a couple nights messing around.

Oh and this is one servo tucked up in the chin section, so no cables or anything to run anywhere else.

Link works now.

NEW VID WITH CHIN MOD

Thanks guys. :)

dubean33 said:
Ah finhead. You rule man. This looks great

That'll look cool siting on your bust eh. :D

And since I've had a few pms and emails about my pics being down, I uploaded a few to my Flickr account. This is just a temp deal as the bandwidth is toast on Photobucket, and this is just a few of the most recent photo's I'm not uploading them all again. :eek

4557614989_c3776f3113_o.jpg

4557614877_e0a0464369_o.jpg

4557620261_8852aea318_o.jpg

4558251348_0e7aff82a4_o.jpg

And there are a few more here if you want to look at em.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35549096@N07/sets/72157623943964096/

Quartermain3000 said:
Sweet... That video makes me want to make chomping noises.

Yeah I got carried away. :) Just wanted to show it works pretty good with one little servo, not a huge amount of wires or cables. Simple is what it is, it would have to be. :p :cool

darkie said:
wow, it looks great, can you make a tutorial on how to install it to the helmet?

As I said in the top post on this page, I'll get something up in the next while. As soon as I catch up to some work I'll get to it. ;)

Spartan 051 said:
so what kinda motorcycle was your helm on top of?

That's one is my 2002 Yamaha 600R, it has to stay in the garage cause I'm running out of room for them in the 10'X16' shed. It's a squeeze with 6 bikes. :p :eek

unheared said:
I guess you edited Cammillo heel file as it looks different to your.

please can you tell me what parts did you change ?

can anyone send me camillo files. i tried to get it from the link and i'm not authorized and can't register for the site.

Fox w said:
I stand corrected my good man :D , Merci for posting that too, thanks to your thread and Fools I now have every part on drive so i can crank this puppy into high gear to make that May 7th deadline. OH yeah, hoping to bombard my progress thread with updates over the next 3 weeks :D

wow you have all the files. do you mind sharing?

p0g1 said:
can anyone send me camillo files. i tried to get it from the link and i'm not authorized and can't register for the site.

If your looking for the boot file or any other except the shins they are in the first post of this thread, just have to look. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back