Finheads Ironman Build - Prototype Hing With Chin Movement P.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neoproks said:
Fantastic paint job Finhead. But, may I ask why you didn't paint the bottom lip portion gold?

Well if you reread my post you'll see. ;)

That was just screwing around, just did a quick coat of base cause it was sitting on the work bench. That was by no means done and ready for paint like I say 10min for a couple coats of base. This was still just a raw cast with a coat of primer no work at all done on it besides a 5 min scuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys sucked up all my bandwidth. :eek :p

Hope this works never tried vid before. Only have a few minutes before I'm gone for the day, but here's a prototype hing system for the faceplate. I had a system figured out but a fellow member( JUICE) posted his a bit ago and his was a little easier to built than mine so I used his. Works nicely this is just some plastic I cut out quick and mocked it together to try it out, the final hing should work smoother. :)

I'll post some details tomorrow morning as I'm off for the day/night. I'll only have my phone. :unsure:cool Oh and thanks again Juice I would have never gotten around to actually drawing mine out. :p

You'll have to click the link can't figure out how to post it here, I suck. :p

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35549096@N07/4548759864/in/set-72157615762178252

ha That facepate is AWSOME!!!, From what i could see that actually what I was trying to figure out to do it :p

. Im still figurin out the jaw it comes out a little when it opens but I want the 2 to work together, keep working on it!

Dh748 said:
ha That facepate is AWSOME!!!, From what i could see that actually what I was trying to figure out to do it :p

. Im still figurin out the jaw it comes out a little when it opens but I want the 2 to work together, keep working on it!

Hope too get that done as well tomorrow.

Wow thought more people would be interested in the fact this works, and works well.

JUICE said:
Ha, so it does work. :D Can you show how it's attached at the pivot points?

Bravo buddy, yes it works very nicely. ;) :cool

As for the pivot points same as your diagram just some brass pins right now, I'll machine something up soon just wanted to make sure it works before putting in the extra work. :) I'll remake this after I get a solid design finished/tweaked, I want the jaw to move as well now so that'll be tomorrow sometime I hope. :) I'll post up some pics soon just have to remember it's just a quick mock up to see if it works nothing nice at all. :p

Just watched the video finhead. Bravo!! The hinge system worked phenomenally. I'm anxious to see the jaw hinge work with it.

At the risk of sounding like a total fanboy...My life will not be complete without a helmet that hinges like that! Freakin awesome!

Thanks guys, Juice is the man though. Just thought there would be some excitement since it's go time for flipping the faceplates. :)

JUICE said:
Alot of people have silent admiration. If you want me to, I'll mock up the jaw hinge and link it to the faceplate hinge.

I kind of have it figured in my head (that's how I usually work no drawing plans) but if you feel like shooting me an email with what ya got I wouldn't say no. ;)

Drgnfyre4, we can get ya hooked up just need to get past the next 3 weeks first. :eek :cool

Excellent work Fin and JUICE. I love the simple motion of the hinge. Nothing fancy, it just plain works well! Can't wait to see the jaw hinge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back