Finished my first pep helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshdownMenace

Jr Member
Hey guys I just finished my first pep helmet, not to mention my first piece of art with Pepakura. I must say thanks to everyone who helped me. If you would like me to narrow it down to names of those who helped, here it is.

405th.com

That's the list. You guys have been great. Here are some pics of the helmet. Just tell me what you think of it. Nothing like constructive criticism. Thanks guys. And girls.

looks good, especially for a first pice of work of pep. there were some small holes in the back of the helm. but that will be fine after fiberglassing and bondo, if you choose to go down that path.

Looks good for a first try. I made the hand plate testers first then a Robogenisis Hd hand plate (that was rough) and his assault rifle. Jut finished that last night. I going to do a helm next but, Which one? :whistle:

AoBfrost said:
Looks very nice! Are you going to make the full suit?

Yeah I'm in the process of that right now. I'm working on FS' helmet right now, and let me tell you, that helmet is not easy. But it's totally worth it. I'm almost done with it. I will post pics soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
AshdownMenace said:
Yeah I'm in the process of that right now. I'm working on FS' helmet right now, and let me tell you, that helmet is not easy. But it's totally worth it. I'm almost done with it. I will post pics soon.

Wow total hands down applauds for you. How long did it take ya?

Actually, I'm building my third FS helmet, this will be my 6 or 7th pepakura helmet I've made, FS's is really easy. I think i've done it too many times where I know really what pieces go where the way he cuts them out.

AoBfrost said:
Actually, I'm building my third FS helmet, this will be my 6 or 7th pepakura helmet I've made, FS's is really easy. I think i've done it too many times where I know really what pieces go where the way he cuts them out.

Ok. Well let me rephrase what I said earlier. It's not the fact that they are hard, it just takes lots and lots of time. I haven't had too many problems with his helmet. I want the Hayabusa .pdo now. That's my next helmet.

In 1 hour last night, for the FS helmet, i finished the entire thing except for the left top of the helmet, otherwise all else is done except for the roof :p

it is time consuming, but after making the same helmets over and over, it's like time just flies by. You have nice clean folds and cuts, very good to do that on each piece, the finished piece looks even cooler then because of the clean lines and angles.

AshdownMenace said:
Hey guys I just finished my first pep helmet, not to mention my first piece of art with Pepakura. I must say thanks to everyone who helped me. If you would like me to narrow it down to names of those who helped, here it is.

405th.com

That's the list. You guys have been great. Here are some pics of the helmet. Just tell me what you think of it. Nothing like constructive criticism. Thanks guys. And girls.

Ah... I see you used the basic helmet Pep file included in the "How to use Pepakura" tutorial thread. If I recall correctly, that one was made by JediFraz.

I used the same one for my first helmet, before members like Slyfo, Flying Squirrel and Robogenesis started coming out with better detailed .pdo files.

Despite its simplicity and lack of detail, I still plan on using mine, and have thus far layered it in sheet styrene (pics of my helmet can be seen in my profile gallery). It's a base material rarely used by others, but one I'm more than comfortable with.

I've even gone so far as to start adding some of the missing details so that it'll be more accurate to the in-game model.

For a first attempt, yours is looking pretty good there, Ash. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your suit... :)

i dont get it, doesnt FS have more then 1 file... how do you know which one to use??? And by the way great job... what did u use to put them together, tape, glue, etc...

FS has many of them, they are very similar, but some small details are fixed with each one, finally he made it as detailed as possible in his final helmet, I prefer the second the last smooth helmet, the pieces are huge to assemble, and there isnt much scoring to do because the only fold lines are on the tabs. The rest you just glue to the next tab and it shapes itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back