1st Build First 3D Printed Armor! - HALO: INFINITE Mk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...the helmet, did you design the file yourself or is it the version floating around on yeggi?
No i actually bought it from Etsy : Big goofy space-guns and other cosplay props! by SkookumProps

Its an incredibly well made file, limits the amount of supports and slices if you import the files correctly and the main armor files incorporate foam within the build too if that's what you're into. I've been using his files along side Moesizzlac's files that replace the foam pieces with hard plastic. I'm not good at foam, AT ALL. like terrible at it. abysmal. i prefer to have a machine churn out pieces for me while I'm working.

Well... after I asked for the mesh mixer file my life got absolutely crazy and I had to put down all of my projects for a little bit, but I'm back now! Sorry if I disrupted your project in any way!

Were you able to figure out the slicing on the torso or are you still looking for help?

The other prices you uploaded pictures of look great btw!

Well... after I asked for the mesh mixer file my life got absolutely crazy and I had to put down all of my projects for a little bit, but I'm back now! Sorry if I disrupted your project in any way!

Were you able to figure out the slicing on the torso or are you still looking for help?

The other prices you uploaded pictures of look great btw!
Hey man! No worries and hope everything is going alright! Since my printer has been broken, I've been waiting for the parts to arrive so I haven't touched the chest piece since. but I have finished off a few armor pieces and i thin they turned out great! Oh and yes, I'm still in need of help with the mesh mixer thing xD

And as a side project while I am waiting for the printer parts, I decided to start working on my helmets electronics. I plan to have a whole HUD and sound system built in so when the helmet is put on, your shields will recharge and you will see and hear it on the HUD. Also, if anyone has any tips on how to program an arduino for this type of stuff, please let me know:) Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210910-145120_Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20210910-145120_Camera.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 20210912_184335.jpg
    20210912_184335.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 140
  • 20210909_211632.jpg
    20210909_211632.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 148
  • 20210910_090329.jpg
    20210910_090329.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 145
  • 20210905_132705.jpg
    20210905_132705.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 155
I am also having an issue on deciding what kind of look I would like to go with, Weathered or pristine. Which do you prefer? I like both, but would love some opinions!

I am also having an issue on deciding what kind of look I would like to go with, Weathered or pristine. Which do you prefer? I like both, but would love some opinions!
Personally like the idea of letting weathering occur "naturally". It is still difficult for me argue against a really nice worn in look too!

What are you doing for the hud? I freaking love that idea and will probably steal it for my helmet XD.

I have a got bit of arduino experience, so I may be able to help with that as well :)

What are you doing for the hud? I freaking love that idea and will probably steal it for my helmet XD.

I have a got bit of arduino experience, so I may be able to help with that as well :)
Yeah! I plan on having a motion sensor in the forehead area of the helmet so when the helmet is put on, the shield recharge sound and shield bar will activate and will simulate the suit powering on or at least the helmet connecting to the armor!

Soooooooo... what would you think about adding a magnetic hall sensor, or a proximity sensor that would cause a discharge of the shields? Add a magnet to a nerf dart and BAM shields die and recharge.

How are you overlaying the shield onto the hud?

Soooooooo... what would you think about adding a magnetic hall sensor, or a proximity sensor that would cause a discharge of the shields? Add a magnet to a nerf dart and BAM shields die and recharge.

How are you overlaying the shield onto the hud?
That would be awesome!! So far the HUD, I had the idea of just using a small screen that is compatible with the Arduino and just have that positioned when the shield bar is located in game. I don't completely know what parts i would need or how to set them up yet, but for now ill focus on what I need for it.

Here is the final look at how the armor will be proportioned and what it will initially look like in the end. (Still waiting for the files for the COD piece so I have the Reach COD piece for reference)

Attachments

• 20210813_013811.jpg
    20210813_013811.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 148
  • 20210813_013848.jpg
    20210813_013848.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 149
  • 20210813_013906.jpg
    20210813_013906.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 146
That would be awesome!! So far the HUD, I had the idea of just using a small screen that is compatible with the Arduino and just have that positioned when the shield bar is located in game. I don't completely know what parts i would need or how to set them up yet, but for now ill focus on what I need for it.
Ok. The only thing I would say about the screen is that it’s going to be so close to your face that you really won’t be able to focus on it. Even if you can, it would be blurry when you look at something else outside the helmet.

There may be a way to bounce the image off your visor so that it appears in focus when you look at something outside your helmet, but that will require some trial and error.

That being said, I still think this is a great idea, just a little more complex than you may have initially thought.

Ok. The only thing I would say about the screen is that it’s going to be so close to your face that you really won’t be able to focus on it. Even if you can, it would be blurry when you look at something else outside the helmet.

There may be a way to bounce the image off your visor so that it appears in focus when you look at something outside your helmet, but that will require some trial and error.

That being said, I still think this is a great idea, just a little more complex than you may have initially thought.
I initially thought that that would happen in the first place, but after testing it with a small object that fit there and after some testing on how focusing on it would work, there is enough room for it to be visible without being too intrusive to the view and not too far out of focus so it actually should work just fine in my case! For the future though, it would be cool to have it projected onto the visor to make it a little more visible.

I initially thought that that would happen in the first place, but after testing it with a small object that fit there and after some testing on how focusing on it would work, there is enough room for it to be visible without being too intrusive to the view and not too far out of focus so it actually should work just fine in my case! For the future though, it would be cool to have it projected onto the visor to make it a little more visible.
Fantastic! I’ll see what can be done on the code side of things to make this work.

What screen are you planning on using?

What screen are you planning on using?
Sorry for the late reply! I am not sure yet, still looking around. My printer parts came in the mail and I installed them but the problem continues to persist. I am losing motivation with a broken printer but will continue to work on sanding, bondoing, and painting my finished parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back