1st Build First 3D Printed Armor! - HALO: INFINITE Mk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the late reply! I am not sure yet, still looking around. My printer parts came in the mail and I installed them but the problem continues to persist. I am losing motivation with a broken printer but will continue to work on sanding, bondoing, and painting my finished parts!
For the life of me I can’t find there you discussed the issue you’re having. Can you link me to that post to I can read it?

Sorry for the late reply! I am not sure yet, still looking around. My printer parts came in the mail and I installed them but the problem continues to persist. I am losing motivation with a broken printer but will continue to work on sanding, bondoing, and painting my finished parts!
What problems are you encountering? I believe you have a Chiron right? Also what replacements did you make?

What problems are you encountering? I believe you have a Chiron right? Also what replacements did you make?
I keep getting a "cold_extrude" message on the screen after the printer randomly just stops printing. Ive been talking with tech support and they sent me a couple parts to replace but the problem still persisted.

I keep getting a "cold_extrude" message on the screen after the printer randomly just stops printing. Ive been talking with tech support and they sent me a couple parts to replace but the problem still persisted.
Ahh yeah that always happens with the Chiron. It’s most likely that you have a broken hotend cable, the one with the red connectors. You’ll notice that your temperature jumps from really highs and lows, this is what’s causing the error since the connection is damaged. It tricks the board that it’s either printing too hot or too cold which will automatically cause the printer to stop due to safety reasons. It’s also common to see “TO_sensor” error messages from the display.

The hotend cable isn’t flexible and on top of that the cable chain is what causes it to break. Try checking connectivity along the pins to confirm if your cable is damaged. Then you can either splice in wires or request for a spare cable (ditch the cable chain). You can also build your own cable using silicon wires which imo is the best way, just reuse the connectors.

Another cause could be the thermistor, it’s a small bulb with two transparent cables with a brass sleeve. Its common for anycubic to improperly assemble it which causes the thermistor to wiggle within the heating block giving wrong temp readings while printing. The incorrect assembly is letting the bulb sit inside the brass sleeve, instead it should stick out a bit that so it touches the heating block.

And finally, I recommend checking your bed wires at the back. Tighten the white plastic that holds it in place if there happens to be a bit of wiggle, if it’s not broken yet it definitely will in the future. Hope this helps!

Edit: Make sure to zip tie your hotend cable to secure them, prevent any type of movement at least 2 inches from the red connectors themselves. And can’t stress enough, DITCH the cable chain! Or print a better one!

Ahh yeah that always happens with the Chiron. It’s most likely that you have a broken hotend cable, the one with the red connectors. You’ll notice that your temperature jumps from really highs and lows, this is what’s causing the error since the connection is damaged. It tricks the board that it’s either printing too hot or too cold which will automatically cause the printer to stop due to safety reasons. It’s also common to see “TO_sensor” error messages from the display.

The hotend cable isn’t flexible and on top of that the cable chain is what causes it to break. Try checking connectivity along the pins to confirm if your cable is damaged. Then you can either splice in wires or request for a spare cable (ditch the cable chain). You can also build your own cable using silicon wires which imo is the best way, just reuse the connectors.

Another cause could be the thermistor, it’s a small bulb with two transparent cables with a brass sleeve. Its common for anycubic to improperly assemble it which causes the thermistor to wiggle within the heating block giving wrong temp readings while printing. The incorrect assembly is letting the bulb sit inside the brass sleeve, instead it should stick out a bit that so it touches the heating block.

And finally, I recommend checking your bed wires at the back. Tighten the white plastic that holds it in place if there happens to be a bit of wiggle, if it’s not broken yet it definitely will in the future. Hope this helps!

Edit: Make sure to zip tie your hotend cable to secure them, prevent any type of movement at least 2 inches from the red connectors themselves. And can’t stress enough, DITCH the cable chain! Or print a better one!
Thanks for the response!! I have been talking with Anycubic and have discussed these issues and was even sent out the print head cable, printhead cable adapter plate, and base adapter plate. It fixed the "T0 abnormal" issue but the "cold_extrude" issue still persists. I zip tied the cable to the print head assembly but dont know what i shhould replace the cable chain with.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response!! I have been talking with Anycubic and have discussed these issues and was even sent out the print head cable, printhead cable adapter plate, and base adapter plate. It fixed the "T0 abnormal" issue but the "cold_extrude" issue still persists. I zip tied the cable to the print head assembly but dont know what i shhould replace the cable chain with.
The cold_extrude error is still likely to be caused by connectivity issues. If you used the cable chain on your new cable the might’ve damaged it again.

If the cable is fine then I recommend checking your thermistor, that’s probably the usually the next component the causes this issue. Either reseat it or replace it.

8B51CFE0-2FA8-4C9B-A533-1E14C003C985.jpeg
Proper thermistor assembly should look like this, crimp the other end of the brass sleeve against the two wires. Should be tight enough that it doesn’t slide.

For the cable chain you can find files on thingiverse for the Chiron. But I personally think it’s just better to ditch a cable chain.

CA402A5D-8B06-45FB-B415-57076E568579.jpegF63F8924-4D54-471E-BE3B-391C2FB01C56.jpeg4185E023-45F5-48B4-8405-D39DE4F9936C.jpeg
Here’s my setup, been printing like this for 7-8 months, no issues at all.

30A6E6C3-C562-4D1A-A69C-BF7B0996AC6A.jpeg
Also I glued a piece of cardboard at the back to prevent the bed cable from snagging on the frame.

Lmk if the problem continues after you check your thermistor and hotend cable. Also it’s worth checking if your nozzle has a clog or maybe clogged deeper into the heat sink, that stops extrusion and possibly causes the error as well.

The cold_extrude error is still likely to be caused by connectivity issues. If you used the cable chain on your new cable the might’ve damaged it again.

If the cable is fine then I recommend checking your thermistor, that’s probably the usually the next component the causes this issue. Either reseat it or replace it.

View attachment 310246
Proper thermistor assembly should look like this, crimp the other end of the brass sleeve against the two wires. Should be tight enough that it doesn’t slide.

For the cable chain you can find files on thingiverse for the Chiron. But I personally think it’s just better to ditch a cable chain.

View attachment 310247View attachment 310248View attachment 310249
Here’s my setup, been printing like this for 7-8 months, no issues at all.

View attachment 310250
Also I glued a piece of cardboard at the back to prevent the bed cable from snagging on the frame.

Lmk if the problem continues after you check your thermistor and hotend cable. Also it’s worth checking if your nozzle has a clog or maybe clogged deeper into the heat sink, that stops extrusion and possibly causes the error as well.
Ill go and remove the cable chain right now, thanks for the help!

Ok so my printer ran into another problem. Whenever I put the SD card in, none of my prints show up. When it first started happening, some of thr files wouldn't show up and now none do even though I have checked the card to make sure there are print files in it and made sure the SD card reader was plugged in correctly. It still recognizes that it is an SD card but won't show the files. Any thoughts? I'm running out of ideas ☹

Ok so my printer ran into another problem. Whenever I put the SD card in, none of my prints show up. When it first started happening, some of thr files wouldn't show up and now none do even though I have checked the card to make sure there are print files in it and made sure the SD card reader was plugged in correctly. It still recognizes that it is an SD card but won't show the files. Any thoughts? I'm running out of ideas ☹
Assuming it's an issue with the card maybe reformat after backing up the files to your computer? Could the contacts for the card inside inside printer be dirty? I'm not too familiar with the software side of things when I comes to 3D printers so it's just a thought?

If you’re using the sd card that came with your printer just get rid of it. Mine was bad too, use a Sandisk sd card if you’re not already.

Ok so I tried 3 different cards but nothing shows up on the screen. It shows the SD card has been inserted, but no files are displayed. Having some bad luck here but hopefully it will work out. Tech support is sending out a new motherboard, hotend, and hotend cable. Maybe that will fix the other problem. Couldn't figure out how to get the wired printing to work and it didn't seem cura could recognize my printer. Anyway, that's for all the tips so far guys!

Ok so I found a 4th SD card and it is a SanDisk ultra 4gb and it worked! Hopefully I can get a short print in as It looks as if my printer doesn't like working for more that a few hours a print xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back