First Armor build, a Halo 3 Mark V Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMTim

I'm good friends with Shadow1336 personally, and after him talking endlessly for a year or two about making armor, I finally joined in. He presented me with Recon and Mark V cardstock piles of unfolded Pepakura files, and I've only made the Mark V so far:

(Completed in one long sitting)
day1a.png

In case you're windering, the lighting in my room's a little off so I screwed with contrast a little bit.

day1b.png

Side view. That ugly set of lines on it is not my doing, or Shadow's.

I'm debating whether or not to glue the faceplate place-holder. Shadow1336 told me it's a good idea to add in, but it's a hassle for no reason I care for. Hope I can get the thing finished soon, but it is a WIP. Any tips would be most helpful.

good start and as you go will only get better. this is fun yet time consuming and i have found that it is becoming addictive.

good work so far. Def put the visor part in. One of my helmets got warped really badly because I was too lazy to suck it up and finish it out. Cutting corners at this point is useless. You are already far along. Don't waste it

Hmmm... You're a little late for Halo one dude... Sorry....

Haha, jokes aside it looks cool. You can never replace the classics!

Haha, it's a Halo 3 file, anyway. I'll put the visor in then, though maybe not a good idea to do this in one sitting -- probably won't start the Recon pepakura for a few days.

Haha, it's a Halo 3 file, anyway. I'll put the visor in then, though maybe not a good idea to do this in one sitting -- probably won't start the Recon pepakura for a few days.

Thats the Halo 1 helmet.
If you want the Halo 3 version, go in the wikia and look for it

My bad, then. i was under the impression by my friend that I was given the Halo 3 version to start with. Must've been referring to the Recon helmet he also gave me pages for. All well, it's an easy first build to get my feet wet.

i actually did not put my visor thing in, i found it to be unhelpful.... it would not be very easy to get out once it is all glassed and rondoed and all that.... So i just fiber glassed mine without it in, and it turned out fine, no warping or anything at all!

You can always usa an xacto knife. Be careful to grab the visor for leverage in the right place though, I know how it feels.

My bad, then. i was under the impression by my friend that I was given the Halo 3 version to start with. Must've been referring to the Recon helmet he also gave me pages for. All well, it's an easy first build to get my feet wet.

Nuh-uh. I told you it was a Halo one Mk. V.
But, it looks good! Glad to see you making your way into the hobby. :p
Wanna do some stuff next week before school starts? Guarantee we can get some reach stuff done. (Or ODST stuff.)

Looks like a good start so far, funny though, I was looking at the first pic and was like "where the hell did his hand go!" I saw your wrist ath the bottom and it looked like it should be going into the helmet, but it wasn't there! WTF!?!?!? Then I saw the second pic and was like "oh..." lmao, I just woke up

I was wondering if somebody was going to think that as I took and cropped the picture, actually.

And Josh, hit me up on Facebook or whatever, and we'll talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back