First Armor Project (Yay!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNDEADSOLE

Hey everyone :D

im kinda new here, and I started a mark V armor pep a few months ago.

Well, I finished the pepakura, and im going to paper mache it cuz I don't want to go broke in the process.

I also have a few pictures

HPIM1306.jpg

HPIM1294.jpg

HPIM1295.jpg

I have re-done the pelvis piece with a mark. VI one because the pepakura file for the mark. V one was way too small

so yea, hopefully I will be done early next year :p

peace out

Paper mâché , is there any chance you could buy fiber gass resin just to harden it? . If you are going about a cheap costume then maybe you could try fiber glass resin to harden the out side and get those plaster bandages and do then inside with those I think that would be easier then the mâché because you might have major warpage from the water and end up scraping your piece

GiR3892 said:
is there any chance you could buy fiber gass resin just to harden it?

i could try, but I don't have much money right now, so yea

its my best option, besides its my first armor so I don't want it to get too complicated.

Last edited by a moderator:
a 29 fl oz can of resin is $12 at walmart. That one can was enough to get one coat of resin on the outside of all my Mark VI pieces and I had a bit left over.

you could try a mixture of white glue and drywall compound. Its relatively cheap and it hardens nicely. the mixture that ive used is 4 parts drywall compound and 5 parts glue. its not nearly as wet as paper mache and its sandable. you could also try sculpt-or-coat, but that tends to be sort of expensive.

And if you're looking for chip brushes, they were .88 a piece at my wally world. and you could get 2 pairs of the yellow kitchen glives for .98, which you can reuse.

You could use mache, but put some rustoleum on the armor before you use the mache. With mache you will need to sand it down if you don't do it carefully enough..

or you could trace the parts onto corrugated cardboard, cut them out, assemble them, then use a sandable compound to cover up the corrugated sides.

Take more pictures ;)

Actually I like the gun .Wood glue might work but still anthing waterbased you put on it might cause warpage. A coat of clear spray might help if you still want to go the paper mache route .

I finished my armor, it didn't turn out the way I wanted it but its good enough.

heres the pics of the finished costume

[attachment=13270:Master chief #1.JPG][attachment=13271:mark v.jpg][attachment=13272:Master Chief #2.JPG][attachment=13273:Master Chief #5.JPG][attachment=13274:Master Chief #6.JPG][attachment=13275:Master Chief #7.JPG]

My next project will be Recon armor, yay!

I also wanted to say thank you for all your usefull comments, thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back