First Armor Wip Mark Vi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I'm back home and I finally have some updates on my pep armor to post. I summoned my old NES to assist me as a pedestal for my pieces

I finished all of the right leg pieces, unfortunately the thigh gave me problems so I had to do some minor modifications to that and now I can walk in it fine.

Extended inner thigh plates

Pic%20039s.JPG

Cut back of thigh where my leg bends at

Pic%20040s.JPG

Shin Piece

Pic%20044s.JPG

Boot piece

Pic%20046s.JPG

The whole leg assembly

Leg1.jpg
Leg2.jpg

Leg3.jpg

I can kneel in it for the time being but I doubt I'll be able to once I finish the left leg pieces. Maybe when its all hardened/reinforced and with good strapping I can.

Also I figured I would wing it at putting the paper visor in because after reading some posts about how its absolutely necessary to have it installed to keep the helm from warping when its resined, I figured it would be a good idea.

Pic%20050s.JPG

And heres all my pieces together in a corner of my room Lol

Pic%20049s.JPG

I'm going to work on the cod piece next. Its a lot of pages so this will take a while. I'm also going to try and get some Blackjack armored paintball gloves off of ebay since I've read its the best bang for your buck lol I took a look at them and they look pretty nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
greetz from germany ^^ your armor looking realy great so far *thumpsup*

you are gona do a great job .. sorry english is not the best ^^

ill stay here and give some comments when your progress goes on !

c u

Thanks for all the comments guys! I used some measuring tape to measure how high my limbs are to do the scaling, seems to work wonders.

Heres a quick update, I started on the codpiece looking good so far, wondering if it will fit all the way around in one piece but I guess after I harden it I'll have to cut it up anyway? At least that's what I've read.

Pic%20058s.JPG

Oh another thing, and be honest. Is this helmet the right size? I used default scale of 26.5cm. Some people use 28cm but they are like 5'7 - 6ft. I'm only 5ft so...Lol When its on its a bit roomy, I would say it could use padding. I dont know about a fan but theres definitely room for led lights.

Helm1s.jpg

I had to trim a bit of the inside of it to be able to put it on without catching my ears but I'll have to fabricate my own support struts for the thing now...

Pic%20054s.JPG

Wow, the helmet looks sexy. :) Your scaling is just awesome. I wish I had right on perfect scaling the first time. Really REALLY nice job with the helmet though and your thigh/boot/calve.

Cod Piece is done! Its not gonna be one of those slip on and slip off kind of things...Lol After I harden it I'll have to figure out how to turn it into a belt of sorts.

Cod1.jpg

Next I'm going to tackle the chest piece. I wonder how big a 40cm would look on me. I think Flying Squirrel's HD is like 30 or so pages Sooo looking forward to that! xD If all goes well after that I just have to re-pep the left versions of the arms and legs and im good to go for the next phase.

the helmet looks a lil' big

I don't think anyone thats 5'7 is using 28cm high. Thats an XL helmet size.

average is 26.5cm

I suggest you set yours to 255cm high, you'll have to cut the opening a little bit but it'll be more proportioned to your height

yes, you can get away with cutting a little more out of the opening once its resined.

you'd be surprised how much a cm makes on this helmet.

just a suggestion.

Okay it seems safe to post now, the forums dont seem to be hitting the flux capacitor or disappearing altogether.

My last update was lost in the backup so I'll repost that along with my new update. So theres gonna be a bit of pictures!

I finished a test chest plate. Its scaled at 42cm. A bit bulky but maybe it wont be once I have a motocross pressure suit under it. I might be able to handle the default scale of 40cm but any smaller and I would definitely have a hard time getting into it when its all done.

TestTorso1.jpg

The 30cm bicep was obviously too large once I had the chest plate on to compare scales. I made a smaller 27cm one and it look about right. Funny that my bicep has to be 1cm shorter than my forearm piece though...

Pic%20102s.JPG

Pic%20105s.JPG

My Blackjack gloves came in on Monday. They are a size small but sure feel like a medium. Thats life when your short I guess :lol

Pic%20096s.JPG

Pic%20100s.JPG

As for the original handplate I made, it looked right when it was just on my hand but now on the gloves it looked too small so I had to make some new bigger ones.

Hand%20004s.JPG

Hand%20003s.JPG

And finally, I remade my thigh. 38cm was too tall of a thigh for my height since I had to cut it on the bottom. I sized it down to a 35cm and it fits great. Id like to thank MW Immortalking for the info on modding the thighs. That method looks and fits so much better than the one I used on my first thigh.

These pictures are a bit cloudy as I was too lazy to set up my tripod this morning and used my mirror instead :lol

Pic%20114s.JPG
Pic%20115s.JPG
Pic%20116s.JPG
Pic%20117s.JPG

Yeah, my niece totally made a mess of my room with her toys And yes that is a Wii on top of an NES in the background.

More updates to come in a few days as usual.

A bit cloudy? looks like your on fire, it looks like there is smoke coming out of the thighs xD

nice work so far, keep on doing the good work :)

Monicator said:
I had to trim a bit of the inside of it to be able to put it on without catching my ears but I'll have to fabricate my own support struts for the thing now...

True Spartans trim their ears...

Just kidding! Looking great. I honestly think the helmet looks perfect, no need to redo it.

rundown said:
A bit cloudy? looks like your on fire, it looks like there is smoke coming out of the thighs xD

nice work so far, keep on doing the good work :)

Oh LOL! Never looked at it that way but now that you mentioned it, it REALLY does look like smoking legs. Thats it, I'm taking Windex to the mirror right this instant :lol I'm going to do the other shin and left forearm this weekend. I want to do the left bicep and boot but I'm going to hold out on that till I get my pressure suit and tactical boots. I need to make sure the right pieces fit with those things before I make their left counterpart.

Wow its been a while, sorry for the double post but I have new progress!

First off I got my Dragoncon membership card in the mail. I'm officialy set to go there!

Pic%20133s.JPG

Second, I bought the boots I'm going to use with my armor at Walmart. Unfortunately they don't really have hiking/work boots for women there so I had to settle for mens :lol But hey, a womens size 8 is a mens size 7 and they were $32 so it works for me. They are very comfortable and should handle way better than the rain boots I used for my previous costumes.

Pic%20127s.JPG

I was right on the money with the foot scale, any smaller and it wouldn't fit at all.

Pic%20128s.JPG

Pic%20129s.JPG

Pic%20130s.JPG

Pic%20126s.jpg

The left leg is done which finishes off the leg pieces for me.

Pic%20125s.jpg

Pic%20123s.jpg

The armors in the corner of my room has gotten much larger now. All I have left to do is the left bicep and HD torso. I think my final scale for the torso will be around 39-40cm high.

Pic%20132s.JPG

Thats all for now, I'm trying to save up for the Sette impact protective suit while its still on sale at Pricepoint.com Hopefully I'll have that soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back