First Armor Wip Mark Vi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow thats crazy

Keep it up i love the Assault Rifle and i am goning to give it a go making the lo def one of course (you provided the inspiration but i doubt my skills)

Wow the new shins do look good if I hadn't just finished pepping my shins awhile ago and on a time constraint of next month to try and finish my armor I would make those. I guess I will upgrade to them in the near future after this next convention maybe. Also your armor is looking good.

Heres a small update.

I finished pepping that 2nd new shin.

Pic%20174s.JPG

I also added all the floating pieces to the helmet.

Pic%20171s.JPG

Pic%20172s.JPG

Pic%20173s.JPG

And here is everything waiting to be fiberglassed. I'm running out of space in that part of my room. :lol

Pic%20175s.JPG

I have some cardstock left, enough for maybe 2 small weapons. One of them will be a pistol (if I can get away with making 2 of them I will) and the other will probably be the handle for the energy sword. I will keep you guys posted.

Are those new model shins the same ones in Oreos smooth file thread? I was going to build a new set and the ones you made don't look familiar to me.

Another small update.

After close inspection of the back of the chest I noticed some missing details and added them with some cereal box cardboard :lol

Pic%20180s.JPG

There are some other details too but thats going to require body filler and dremel tool fun.

I started work on the smooth unfold of the Energy Sword. I scaled it down but it still looks oversized compared to my hand. The scale isnt so bad when I have gloves on though. When I finished the 2 halves I ran into a little snag, I cant put the 2 handle pieces together. I guess it will be easier to fiberglass now but I'm worried about the symmetry of the handle when I go and try to put the 2 pieces together later on...

Pic%20176s.JPG

Pic%20177s.JPG

Pic%20178s.JPG

I'm gonna go pep the blades now. I think I'll pep one blade completely to see how it looks and have the other blade in halves for some molding process or whatever I'm going to do to make transparent plastic versions of them :lol Yeah I have a bit more research to do on all that..

idea for the handle to keep symmetry:

get a sheet of wood, trace your handle onto it, drill holes around the traced circle, then thread rubber bands through the holes. when you hit the handle half with fiberglass, use the rubber bands to strap it down, keeping the two halves perfectly flat. do one piece at a time, using the same outline, and you should get two pieces that meet perfectly, and are nearly the same symmetry. I can draw a pic of what im talking about if you have a hard time envisioning what im talking about. or maybe I will just set it up, since I want to use that way when I pep the guns.

eidt: maybe try soda bottle plastic for the blades. the cheap three liter ones you can get at dollar tree have a lot of plastic to them. if you cut it in a spiral you could easily get 3-4 feet of clear plastic, a little blue tint added to it would give you a good base... and it molds pretty easily with a heat gun and a mold to press it into with gloves. very light weight too... im gonna stop there because I am thinking too much about your sword.

Just to give you guys an idea on how big this energy sword is gonna be...

One half of one of the blades is done and I'm comparing it to a katana I have

Pic%20182s.JPG

And the blade with the handle and my small hand :lol

Pic%20183s.JPG

I cant imagine how big it was at default scale, I would probably need two hands to wield it if it was any bigger xD So peoples going to Dragoncon this year, if you see a short spartan with a big sword, It's probably me :lol

I plan to make a sword aswell not sure how I am going to make it yet though, I still have some foam that I can shape and should be able to fiberglass or make out of wood. If I get to DCon and have my sword made we should have sword fight :D and everything else is looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back