First build: Foam halo reach custom spartan (probably Pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, whats up with the spam bot? o_O must have something to do with me saying boots all the time o_O
Anywho, thanks mstruvmgc, love yours, it was a true inspiration when i started this!

Watch me grow in the art of foamwork by the day in my first Custom halo reach spartan, ALL foam!

I'd say you have been incredibly successful with your skills! Well done sir! Suit looks awesome!

Worst part about being new to the 405th: seeing all of these awesome posts and not getting to have followed them from the beginning. Great job

Worst part about being new to the 405th: seeing all of these awesome posts and not getting to have followed them from the beginning. Great job
there is a time for everything! :D
Besides, the builds that are created now are just as awesome as the last ones, so you have lots of stuff to follow :p
And thanks btw :3

Thanks man! After a day of curing the paintjob looks a lot better! still a bit fuzzy, but the contrasts between black and green really came through now!

Anyway, i'll post a mini update on the helmet, since i actually made som progress!
So basically, i decided to paint the details on the helmet, and i did this with basic acrylic paints, with a brush, and not with a spraycan!
I think it turned out pretty nice... It makes the helmet come alive a bit... It helps in showing that i want weathering and not a bad paintjob xD
On to the pics :p
imag0289f.jpg

imag0288u.jpg

imag0290k.jpg

What i did today was the stripe across the top of the helmet, the unsc logos on the sides and the red dots on the back! It all turned out just fine, and i really like the weathering on the stripe if i may say so xD Again, the half-shotty htc camera doesn't really do it justice... maybe i'll post a video when i fix the lights...
Speaking of lights :D I split a whiteboard marker into four small pipes, painted them metallic black and basically made some cheap and cool sockets for my future LED:s in the helmet!
Now i just need to fix the wiring, put the LED:s there, sand some plastic and put it in front of the LED:s and the lights should work ^^'
All the helmet needs except for that is a permanent visor (since i haven't attached it yet xD), the small foam bits on the sides of the visor, which i will add in the end, and the little unsc logo on top of the cap part of the helmet. The thing with this logo is that it's going to have to be ridiculously tiny, so i don't know how i'll solve that :S
Anyway, i'll round this update with a picture of the full helmet so far, in the weird sunlight :p
imag0287qv.jpg

Happy building 405th! :D

I like your helmet, did you do foam on that too, My only question is why does it have a rough look to it, is it cuz of the foam or did you do that on purppose?

I like your helmet, did you do foam on that too, My only question is why does it have a rough look to it, is it cuz of the foam or did you do that on purppose?

I did use foam for my helmet too!
The roughness is sadly because of me not using enough plasti dip on the foam... however, the lighting in these pictures exaggerate it quite a bit... It does not look this bad in reality
nor does it feel as bad as it looks xD

Hot damn does the spam bot have a hate-on for this thread D:

But really the armor came out really nice, and I LOVE the lightswitch on the side of the helmet. It looks so convenient, and really? With it being so dark? Likely would not be noticed if someone wasn't looking for it!

I may be ninjaing that idea >.>

-shuffles off with loot bag of ideas-

indeed they do! :C
And thanks dude xD I discovered your thread like a day ago, and you have some serious talent!
cant wait to see how your skirmisher turns out :D

Hot damn does the spam bot have a hate-on for this thread D:

But really the armor came out really nice, and I LOVE the lightswitch on the side of the helmet. It looks so convenient, and really? With it being so dark? Likely would not be noticed if someone wasn't looking for it!

I may be ninjaing that idea >.>

-shuffles off with loot bag of ideas-

yooo 405th!
I really felt like starting to build again... so guess what? I'm building again xD
fixing the stuff i wasn't too happy with...
I'll just give ya'll a small tease, more to come tomorrow!
imag0382f.jpg

AAAAAAAND
Update time! (again :D)
I decided to redo the parts that didn't please me about my last build...
So i started with the chestpiece, which had an awful model and the wrong scale too...
I made the new one after l3x:s v3! (didnt do v4 since i didnt think i could do it justice with foam!)

Anyways, it's just about complete, just have some front detil left... I also scavanged the ab-plate and in the future i will also get the lights from the last one. Those were the good parts xD
Ah well, enjoy!
imagehea.jpg

Front, also showing the old ab-plate!
The front needs some loving through detailing... still not sure if i will make an attachment!
imagegyj.jpg

Back! I'm really happy with the way this one turned out!
It just needs a bit more cutting and then it will be ready for paint and lights :D
imagerwx.jpg

Side, for the hell of it :p
imagelba.jpg

A bit mor general picture to top it off!
I'm relaly happy with this one, and ofc, you can't see the scale, but this one is way better!
Doesn't make the helmet look like a giant lightbulb!

Anyways, immah going to make some sort of underarmor-stomach piece next, and we'll see where i go from there ^^'¨
Happy building 405th! :D

Eyy, small update :D
Basically, i decided to do an ab plate, according to the pepakura of l3x...
It was a really annoying build, since there were a lot of places where the glue wouldn't stick that good... :C
Anywhu, here are some pictures!

imagejey.jpg

font pic! Now this one is a bit low, since i didn't wear my belt/codpiece... however, i'm gonna have to remake that one too now, so whatever xD
imagexkq.jpg

This pic is a bit more general... Just a little shoutout to l3x, thanks a lot for making it so easy to scale! once the chestpiece was done, i just had to typ in the scale factor, it was awesome!
imageqwf.jpg

Side shot, now this one shows just how much better the new chestpiece is, compared to the helmet!
This one is actually up to scale!
imageufm.jpg

Aaaaand finish it off with a nice pose!

Happy buildin 405th! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back