First Build- Odst Armor (Pics Fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purrie

*EDIT* Omg... I just noticed I hit the wrong key for the title... sorry... I'll change that... ** And I just fixed the pics so, let me know what you think!

Well, I managed to get this all done for the midnight launch of ODST, and it all took about 3 1/2 weeks... WHile I'd like to have added some more detail to it, I DID have the time frame of completing it by the night of the 21st..

l_138c6a2aadb14ab9b1c1c7757426317b.jpg

There's the formed helmet

l_927ece07a28f43139424fe6b3a15c69e.jpg

Some of the armor, not all though

l_bd4746dc97eb43d79c4610e6ea375ae3.jpg

SMG, minus the silencer

16.jpg

Finished armor, outside the mall

12.jpg

Better angle

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

My friends armor turned out pretty dang unscaled lol

13.jpg

Unfortunately, I didnt have the belt plate attached too well...

Your pics are not working. Probably because they're on your Myspace and your Myspace is set to private. Edit: Fixed!

Flyerfye said:
Your pics are not working. Probably because they're on your Myspace and your Myspace is set to private.

Yeah, I just moved them to Photobucket, they should be up now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, nice suit you've got there. The shoulders are positioned wrong, though. If you want them to be game accurate, just search up on google ODST and you'll see how they're positioned.

Awesome work, very nice! What did you use for your visor? And lol at your friend's armor, hilarious that you went ahead and built/painted it anyway.

Yeah the H1:CE marine armour has bad scaling I peped the entire suit to practice before getting int a real project and the shoulder/hip pads were to small, the helmet just right, and the chest I could not get my head through the neckhole but was also to big.

Flyerfye said:
Awesome work, very nice! What did you use for your visor? And lol at your friend's armor, hilarious that you went ahead and built/painted it anyway.

I just went out and bought a motorcycle visor, then cut it down. I'm hoping to get a mirrored blue visor to replicate the game better, but they're way more expensive...

Underdogg13 said:
Wow, nice suit you've got there. The shoulders are positioned wrong, though. If you want them to be game accurate, just search up on google ODST and you'll see how they're positioned.

Yeah, I tried to get them down lower, but I couldn't get them to stay in place, so I wound up running a strap from each side of the torso piece, to the top of shoulder, and then I ran out of strapping, so that's why they're up a bit higher

14.jpg

Also, just thought you might enjoy this picture. What better way to await ODST than to play Halo 3 in Gamestop, while decked out in ODST armor? :D

wow nice work, is that dutch's helmet or the rookie's?

also, can you send me the pdo files for the arm and leg pieces? (the forearm, leg, thigh, and knee)

LOL your friends face is priceless facing an smg while wearing an oversized marine armor. Your armor looks great, but I guess you decided to lose the middle

piece of the shoulder armor. But your does look good and your ready for Halo- ween. I wish I was that far along.

ODST: Sniper said:
wow nice work, is that dutch's helmet or the rookie's?

also, can you send me the pdo files for the arm and leg pieces? (the forearm, leg, thigh, and knee)

*EDIT* It's actually neither of theirs. I just built the WETA helmet, as to be a generic ODST rather than a singled out one. Plus, the Rookie's helmet is way slimmer and taller, I just liked the look of this one better- You can find it in the 2nd link i posted

I got the thigh and leg files from here; http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18606

while I got the forearm and knees from here; http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9396

The first link has forearm files from Halo 3 ODST, which are more rounded, but I like WETAs boxy looking ones better. It's mainly a preference thing, but hope those help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back