First Build - ODSTout of foam

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmcg13

Hey people of the web! After lurking about on here for almost a year, I am finally starting my first armor build. As the title says, I'm making an ODST suit out of foam and I just got back from Home Depot with a pack of foam. Also, I could use a little help in the dimensions department since I really dont have all of them. I do have the chest and shoulders which I'm gonna do first and hopefully have and update on that soon.

First Build - An ODST out of Foam

Hey people of the web! After lurking about on here for almost a year, I am finally starting my first armor build. As the title says, I'm making an ODST suit out of foam and I just got back from Home Depot with a pack of foam. Also, I could use a little help in the dimensions department since I really dont have all of them. I do have the chest and shoulders which I'm gonna do first and hopefully have and update on that soon.

If by dimensions you mean the measurements, you can reference regular ODST pep files for them. Scale them to you first and then use them as measurement references if you are doing a semi-scratch build. There are lots of the ODST files in the threads. Some of them have probably been converted to foam templates at some point.

Unfortunately, my chest piece turned out horrendous so I had to start over again. Does anyone know where to by like blocks of foam for carving?

While I'm gonna wait to redo my chest, I will however be starting my shoulders and I have a long weekend so that'll help too

Hey guys. Today I have finished my shoulders, they are a custom design (as I decided most of the build will be). I will upload all my pics as soon as I figure out how to. Peace yall

Hey there,
So, it sounds like your on the right track, but i will awnser some of your questions:
1. to get a block of foam for carving (i assume you mean the green ones right?) usually michalles craft store will carry them in a wide varity of sizes. Or anywhere else that does fake flowers (as that is what they are meant for)
2. to upload pictures, use photobucket or flickr, then with photo bucket click the "share" button, and grab the IMG code. if you did it right the link that you grab should have these tages at the begining and the end "
" copy and paste it to here, and you should be good!

I think it's time that I uploaded some pics ,so here are the ones for my shoulder. I would have some for the chest but I scrapped it.
Shoulder-1_zpsdaf03dc5.jpg

Shoulder-4_zpsda38b1a3.jpg

Shoulder-2_zps1dd9e88a.jpg

Shoulder-3_zps182ffe51.jpg

After repainting my helmet I am very proud of my work, and now I share it with all of you:

photo3_zps158d4764.jpg

photo2_zpsc474bfa7.jpg

photo1_zps3dca7df6.jpg

photo_zps5e684954.jpg

As you may have noticed, there are silver splotches on the visor. Those are from my first paint job where the paint got beneath the tape I had placed over the visor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back