First {Halo} build - Spartan (TV series)

59 build days remaining.
That's 1416 hours, times however many printers you own.
944.5 reasonable waking hours for a person.
View attachment 327883
Man
So... finished enough to wear to the convention (Supanova - Brisbane).
Lots of 'planning curve'... list of changes and remakes. But I got a lot of good responses at the event so "Yeah!"
Finally got to meet some of the local Spartans that I've only chatted on line with, so that was great. Have to say: Wonderful bunch that were very welcoming and supportive! So thanks for that!

View attachment 325152 View attachment 325153
{Not deliberately ignoring others - I just should have thought in advance if it was ok to post other people's faces in my feeds and without that I don't want to upset anyone by accident}
Dang! I love love love the colors and the clean finish on the armor. I dont want to even imagine how much sanding you had to do

Dang! I love love love the colors and the clean finish on the armor. I dont want to even imagine how much sanding you had to do
Thanks I really appreciate it. Yeah, there might be a little time invested in sanding and smoothing. Running a TV show or movies on the tablet while sanding helps the time pass-and is about the only way I'd see something haha.
1680727241955.png

Starting to assemble the helmet.
This is the right ear/jaw subsection.
Yeah, I think I'm going to like this.

I hope the devil really is in the details because while I'm digging the effect on the vent grill I doubt anyone is going to notice it in person.
IMG_5360.JPG

Last day before the convention.
I'm out of time and out of polishing materials to do any finer. This is dry before clear coat and the iPhone guessing at focus.
I'm hoping the clear coat will sharpen this up enough to at least put helmet on for photos at the convention.
Then upgrade the visor work later.

2023-04-14_11-46-53.png

I'm going to end this build thread here.
I built this armor a size too big. Basically I'm a size L and I built an XL armor. Its good armor and all, just not sized for me. I'm not going to destroy this thing trying to down-size it so I can cross my arms, have more range of motion and so on. It served its purpose for me. I'll throw it up for sale some time in the future.

For now, I'm going to plan and start a new armor... new build thread for it... better record keeping and more consistent steady progress (and progress reports) instead of periods of nothing then a mad dash the month before conventions.

Here's a few parting photos to summarize the end results of this build thread before I start a new one for the next generation armor.
2023-04-16_14-12-42.png
2023-04-16_14-13-04.png

2023-04-16_14-13-46.png
2023-04-16_14-14-01.png

I'm going to end this build thread here.
I built this armor a size too big. Basically I'm a size L and I built an XL armor. Its good armor and all, just not sized for me. I'm not going to destroy this thing trying to down-size it so I can cross my arms, have more range of motion and so on. It served its purpose for me. I'll throw it up for sale some time in the future.

For now, I'm going to plan and start a new armor... new build thread for it... better record keeping and more consistent steady progress (and progress reports) instead of periods of nothing then a mad dash the month before conventions.

Here's a few parting photos to summarize the end results of this build thread before I start a new one for the next generation armor.
View attachment 330410View attachment 330411
View attachment 330412View attachment 330413
This armor looks great we all learn about the size thing the hard way and with you like you said it was not a lose it was a First step to greatness in armor building

Link to build thread for suit No 2.

Last edited:
So I planned to sell this suit when the second was done. But I'm finding that having it around is too much of a safety net and I'm not pushing myself to get the new armor done since I have this as a 'backup'. So its going up for sale.
3d printed armor for sale.I really like this Halo Spartan armor and have a ton of finishing time in it, but its a size too big, so I've started a new build that is better sized to me. This belongs on someone 6ft 200pounds or taller. If you're in the Brisbane area and serious about buying you're welcome to inspect it and try it on for size.

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back