First Halo Wars wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20200815_075613035.jpg
IMG_20201129_154040978.jpg

With all the negative stuff going on these days I thought this would be a good time to post this here even though this isn't quite related to this build. I have been working on a another build to better display the work that had been done on all the helmets while not being used in a Con. Having Halo and Destiny helmets sitting around the house to me and did not honor the genre. I happened to see some examples of wall mount display's on Pinterest one day. So I built one for my son's helmets for his room and for my helmets and work bucket. What are your thoughts?

With all the negative stuff going on these days I thought this would be a good time to post this here even though this isn't quite related to this build. I have been working on a another build to better display the work that had been done on all the helmets while not being used in a Con. Having Halo and Destiny helmets sitting around the house to me and did not honor the genre. I happened to see some examples of wall mount display's on Pinterest one day. So I built one for my son's helmets for his room and for my helmets and work bucket. What are your thoughts?

How did you do the visor for the bottom helmet of the first picture? vacuum forming?
My son won the Halo 4 helmet in a raffle at Dagon Con and I believe the visor was vacuum formed.

Nice work man. Are you using a rattle can to paint your armor? What color did you go with? Looks way too perfect for that..
Thanks. Went with army green in The Army Painter color primers because it seemed to match the color I had seen in a lot of the pictures and videos in my research on this armor.

This is jaw dropping. I actually collaborated on some work with Spidermonkey60 for a Halo Wars 1 Undersuit. This gives me goosebumps from the level of care and detail going into this project. Fantastic work! You'll have to let us know what region to find you in so we can admire that suit in person!

This is jaw dropping. I actually collaborated on some work with Spidermonkey60 for a Halo Wars 1 Undersuit. This gives me goosebumps from the level of care and detail going into this project. Fantastic work! You'll have to let us know what region to find you in so we can admire that suit in person!
Thank you for the accolades. I wanted to put as much work as I can into this project because that's what I would like to see in real life and to do the justice to the armor that it deserves. Still exploring avenues on the under suit. I wound like to make it as close as I can to canon as possible. I would like to see what you and Spidermonkey60 came up with. As far as region I'm in what you call the southern regiment area.

Asgardianhammer you better snatch this guy up ASAP! But! For our suit, here is what we did for it. We did not do a full suit undersuit, but we did reference this directly off of photos for Halo Wars Spartans. These are all carved pieces of foam that were attached to the bodysuit using a duct tape dummy, and attached with E6000. Spidermonkey60 did the foam work and I did the finish sealing and paint job
20200801_195424.jpg
20200801_195434.jpg

These pieces look awesome! As someone who is trying to start extracting the models from the Halo Wars games currently I know how hard it is to get a reference to look at. Despite that your set is coming along great!

Asgardianhammer you better snatch this guy up ASAP! But! For our suit, here is what we did for it. We did not do a full suit undersuit, but we did reference this directly off of photos for Halo Wars Spartans. These are all carved pieces of foam that were attached to the bodysuit using a duct tape dummy, and attached with E6000. Spidermonkey60 did the foam work and I did the finish sealing and paint jobView attachment 301252View attachment 301253
Nice! I have been thinking about doing something very similar to this. Where did you get the under suit and how did you make the octagon pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back