First Halo Wars wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! I have been thinking about doing something very similar to this. Where did you get the under suit and how did you make the octagon pattern?
The undersuit is just a black bodysuit (no hands feet or face cover)

as for the octagons? 100% hand carved, gives a cool look once painted but youre going to hate yourself while doing it. That was the majority of the time sink on this project

The undersuit is just a black bodysuit (no hands feet or face cover)

as for the octagons? 100% hand carved, gives a cool look once painted but youre going to hate yourself while doing it. That was the majority of the time sink on this pro
I have a 3D printed octagon pattern I played around with some months ago for painting the shapes in. I may use it on mine.

Last edited:
IMG_20210123_165811649.jpg

Brushed in the first coat of XTC-3D epoxy into the Halo assault rifle. As the epoxy started to set up I used a popsicle stick to work in what I would call epoxy paste into the seams, holes and deformations (at this point you have a short window to do this before the epoxy gets to hard to work with) of the glued 3D printed parts. Now for the sanding with 200 grit sand paper.

Be a mad man and take a page out of TurboCharizard book and hit it with 60 grit. :lol: But its looking fantastic! What made you go with the more Modern AR compared to an older MA series model?

I actually believe it is 80 grit :-D

Also, having tried the TurboCharizard method for my prints I can 100% say that it works well!

Quick summary of method (or at least my adaptation of it)
1. Print
2. Assemble
3. Sand with 80 Grit
4. Sand with 200 Grit
5. Filler Primer
6. Add in Body filler/ Glazing putty where needed
7. Repeat 4+5 + 6 until happy
8. After final filler primer move to wet sanding and as high of grit as you want until you are happy
9. Color Primer (I usually go Black)
10. Paint
11. You are done!

Last edited:
I actually believe it is 80 grit :-D

Also, having tried the TurboCharizard method for my prints I can 100% say that it works well!

Quick summary of method (or at least my adaptation of it)
1. Print
2. Assemble
3. Sand with 80 Grit
4. Sand with 200 Grit
5. Filler Primer
6. Repeat 4+5 until happy
7. After final filler primer move to wet sanding and as high of grit as you want until you are happy
8. Color Primer (I usually go Black)
9. Paint
10. You are done!
Don't forget the body filler and glazing putty rounds!

Be a mad man and take a page out of TurboCharizard book and hit it with 60 grit. :lol: But its looking fantastic! What made you go with the more Modern AR compared to an older MA series model?
I was looking for a killer rifle to go with the mark 4 armor build and found a picture of a MA5D on the 343 Halo Alpha web site with the same color scheme. I found it to be a good match not to mention it just seamed to talk to me, so listened.;) When you hold it up in a firing position it feels better then some of my real rifles do. To bad there isn't a real version of this firearm out there.

I was looking for a killer rifle to go with the mark 4 armor build and found a picture of a MA5D on the 343 Halo Alpha web site with the same color scheme. I found it to be a good match not to mention it just seamed to talk to me, so listened.;) When you hold it up in a firing position it feels better then some of my real rifles do. To bad there isn't a real version of this firearm out there.
There have actually been a couple of videos posted in the past year or so where people are shooting halo ARs using live rounds!

yep! there is a good one by shirudo systems, and another one by DWAI. i remember there being a couple of other ones too, but thats what i found after a quick search

Back cod peace painting operations done. Now I need to make the straps to connect the front and back peace's together.

Last edited:
Forearms have there 3rd coat of XTC 3D. These pieces are particularly hard to sand because of the detailing on them. For some reason these were also hard to scale in the Armorsmith Designer program although some improvement updates have been made lately. Maybe its just me? Well time to sand them with 400 grit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back