First Halo Wars wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid progression going here! The green you chose for the armor just screams Halo Wars/Spartan. I love the feel of any of the MA5 series rifles; I want to make a new one myself since the current one was from Spidermonkey60 . For your forearm mobility, do you plan any foam or rubber to make sure you aren't cutting into your inner elbow?

Solid progression going here! The green you chose for the armor just screams Halo Wars/Spartan. I love the feel of any of the MA5 series rifles; I want to make a new one myself since the current one was from Spidermonkey60 . For your forearm mobility, do you plan any foam or rubber to make sure you aren't cutting into your inner elbow?

Ill allow this under the condition that it is an MA5B with the toggle set to controlled bursts instead of full auto

Much appreciated. I definitely plan on installing some type of foam inside the forearm pieces for comfort and to stabilized them on my arms.

Right shin and the left forearm prepped and primer painted in home made paint booth. I'm stoked now that the shoes came in today so now I have a guide to size the armor in the Armorsmith Designer program for them. It's a going to be a busy weekend.

Last edited:
IMG_20210318_155735108.jpg
IMG_20210318_162430451.jpg
IMG_20210319_165553842.jpg

Working on the shoes now. I tried some 3D parts on a pair of black work boots but it didn't fit the look of the Mark lV armor. It was time to go in and do some on line research. Found these lightweight casual sports shoes that I thought would fit the look I was looking for. I had to come up with a good way to fit the armor pieces on to the shoes. Putting them directly on the shoes wasn't going to work. Well I studied the photo's then came up with a frame that the armor pieces will attach to and the shoes will fit into but will have the look that is required for the Mark lV armor. The frame is 1/8" aluminum plate and some 3/8" rubber I had on hand. After cutting the shapes in both it was then glued together. I Had to cut the front part of the plate then install 2 small hinges for the proper walking movement. Did a walking test to see it this rig was going to work. It seemed to work pretty good but the real test will be with everything on. While testing the rig in the house I must have scared the hell out of the Cats because they stayed in hiding for some time. The sound they make is like I weigh a thousand pounds.

Last edited:
Making some progress on the shoes before it rains. Put some EpoxAcoat and fiberglass on the inside of the Polymaker PLA shoe parts for strength so they can withstand the possible heat coming off the road during the DragonCon Parade. At least theoretically. Got the first coat of XTC-3D on and sanded. Ready to apply the second coat of XTC-3D then sand with 320 grit.

Well it has been a productive day in the Spartan Armory. Got the forearms painted and ready for warning label decals now that I found the 405th tutorial on how to make them. I tried to make a 3D printed decal for the UNSC emblem witch I will post. Going to order the decal paper and give it a try. However I think it might be cool to have the 3D printed emblem raised a little off the back of the chest piece. What are your thoughts? Tried to find out what was on the warning labels but came up with nothing so I will make up my own.

Last edited:
Well here is some of the arm pieces that are finished. That will take care of the arms and I should be done with the shoes tomorrow. Creating this armor has basically hijacked my life! But in a good way! o_O I just hope I'm done in time for Dragon Con, that is if there is a Dragon Con.

Wow that looks good! What layer hights were you running for the print? (Sorry if you already said and I missed it)

The shoes are done and I tested them out around the house, "what do you know" they work OK. Now to finish the shins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back