First Halo Wars wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it's gorgeous! How did you hide your strapping system? I have 1 piece undersuit too so I'm curious on how it was all rigged up!

Oh it's gorgeous! How did you hide your strapping system? I have 1 piece undersuit too so I'm curious on how it was all rigged up!
Thanks. As far as the legs I used 2" polypropylene straps behind the leg peace's attached to 3D printed L brackets glued and epoxied to the inside. As far as the arms I manufactured harness out of 2" polypropylene and attached the arm peace's with T-nuts glued and epoxied to the inside of the arm peace's. I then screwed the T-nuts to the harness where The harness are held by 3/4" straps going up to my shoulders.

I set out to build this armor because my son asked me too so we could be in the Dragon Con Parade together as father and son. That sounds like something Darth Vader would say." Anyways I thought I would post this awesome photo from Zero Serenity that I asked him to take for me and now have hanging in my shop.

IMG_103_6182.jpg

As a fellow member of the Southern Regiment who was at Dragoncon, I can confirm the armor looked amazing in person. Super clean paint job and beautiful finishing work on the 3d prints. You nailed it!

Haven't posted for a while, life been keeping me busy. Started to work on the assault rifle a bit so I Epoxied it and need to sand with 320. This prop has a lot of fine details so sanding will be a bit of a time-consuming challenge on such a big prop. Thinking of installing a real flash light on the rifle or an LED light. I need to improve on some small things that the armor is lacking. It got tier 2 status but I was told it is very close to Tier 3. So I look forward on to dawn ;) at getting to that tier 3 status. I will post the progression of the improvements.

That is a great looking start the rifle. What changes are you looking at making to go for tier 3?
Thanks. In order to get Tier 3 on the armor, it has to look like I just walked out of the video game. I had some skin showing on the deployment photos at the neck and wrist areas. I will have to make or buy a balaclava or neck cover and longer gloves. Some straps were showing as well so I will have to hide them some how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back