First Helmet, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, the best glue I have EVER used is Bob Smith industries gap-filling super glue. It's not gel, not liquid. it's a very thick liquid. it costs 8 bucks for a large bottle, but it will last a long time. a little dab or 2 on the flap and is it DONE. Don't go the cheap route, get the BSI stuff.
http://www.bsi-inc.com/Pages/hobby/ca.html
second on this list, you can get it in most hobby shops.

I'm glad you got some cardstock! You'll find your life to be much easier now. Assembling is way easier when your pieces aren't flimsy :p

I've never used super glue before, but everybody appears to know what they're talking about. You could always try this Alternative Glue. The thread was started by NullArc (don't know where he is now...) and the method is tried, tested, and pretty cheap.

Can't wait to see some photos of your progress!

I'm glad you got some cardstock! You'll find your life to be much easier now. Assembling is way easier when your pieces aren't flimsy :p

I've never used super glue before, but everybody appears to know what they're talking about. You could always try this Alternative Glue. The thread was started by NullArc (don't know where he is now...) and the method is tried, tested, and pretty cheap.

Can't wait to see some photos of your progress!

Cardstock is so much easier to use! Also, i discovered the wonderful art of scoring folds, makes it tons easier.Heres some pics =]

photo0134c.jpg

By null at 2011-02-06
markvigreaveleft.jpg

By null at 2011-02-05
Side note, im prolly gonna redo the boot with a different material

Thats how it is in Virginia? i didnt know that, here in North Carolina we can have airsoft guns but they have to have an orange tip.

Cardstock is so much easier to use! Also, i discovered the wonderful art of scoring folds, makes it tons easier.

Scoring folds made my builds at least 2 or 3 times faster. When I was using an Xacto knife (I want to get another...) I often came close to cutting through the cardstock though...scary stuff :S

Whats the plan for the M16?

@Spartan-0: Good idea man, I love all of the functioning nerf mods on the site.

Scoring folds made my builds at least 2 or 3 times faster. When I was using an Xacto knife (I want to get another...) I often came close to cutting through the cardstock though...scary stuff :S

Whats the plan for the M16?

@Spartan-0: Good idea man, I love all of the functioning nerf mods on the site.

For the M16 i'm basically removing the front sights and extending the barrel with a pvc pipe. Removing the top carrying handle, to replace with a scope, adding a nice magazine cover, and such like that.

i was going to mod a longshot into a battle rifle but i cant find them anymore so im going to mod a recon cs6 into a silenced odst smg

thats pretty cool, i wanted to do the assault rifle but an m16 doesnt have a bullpup design, so i had to go with the sniper, which is the only gun in halo that isnt bullpup. Other than pistols, smg's and covenant weapons.

buzz bee toys made a airsoft (rip off ) assualt rifle its green and orange so people paint it orange i kinda want it cuz it has a flashlight built into it

Yes, well, back to the subject of the thread, i chose to start With Mark VI which im currently taking a break from, for no other reason then that i am sick so i dont feel the drive to do it at the moment. But once i get started again ill post some WIP photos on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back