first helmet pep(recon). now starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
figured it out. they came out a little big but thats okay. got one cut out and folded and ready to be glued. but im out of super glue. gotta wait till i cash my check.

okay well the helmet, shoulders and my chest pieces is finally done. its the odst chest piece. im also going to do the odst torso side plates. gauntlets. mkv6 handplates and im not doing the biceps. the shoulders take up my whole bicep lol. so ill leave the biceps out. i might do them later on. but im also doing the odst crotch plate. and making the crotch plate into a butt plate also. cause the link for the mkv6 is down. im also doing the odst thighs. the reach shins. and boots. then im done. ill have pics of the completed pep helm, shoulders, and chest piece up tomorrow.

I just pepped that exact same model today :p
looks great!
especially for a first try!
looks better than my first ;.;
keep it up : )
if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me.
I'll be more than happy to help you out. : )

i want to make the recon helmet soon... but the thing i really hate is that the depth of the visor place is to height.
every replica ive seen has the visor direct in front of the piece. why does every pdo file has that depth for the visor?

i want to make the recon helmet soon... but the thing i really hate is that the depth of the visor place is to height.
every replica ive seen has the visor direct in front of the piece. why does every pdo file has that depth for the visor?

its to support the sides when you resin it. then you can cut off just enough so that the thickness of the visor can sit on it. plus its an open slot. there isnt a piece to cut out to use for the visor. so you have to make measurements with a ruler of the open visor slot. from top to bottom. its a pain but ill show you mine when i do it.

and as i promised. here are the pics of the pep'ed armor i have made so far.

r0t63b.jpg

from left to right....odst chest piece. recon helmet. scout shoulders.

UPDATE***

1 handguard done. 1 to go. pics tomorrow.

and i fixed the warp with my helmet with super glue and a paper support. pic below. and i think it looks alot better

69gp05.jpg

BEFORE THE SUPPORT

2q9cleo.jpg

AFTER THE SUPPORT

i can see where that would be the hardest. i just think the helmet would be the hardest since its enclosed. but thats just our different views.

also can someone help me figure out the scale my shoulder pieces need to be. im 5'2.

hey im like 5'2 or 3 and regular weight (if thats your build) and i had a scale of 1.301353
hope that helps

i scaled it down and it looks right. if you could upload a pic of what it looks like at your shoulder area. ive also scaled all the peices to my hieght. i can type them for you if you want them Landon foster. ive even done the crotch plate butt plate and thighs for the lower body. its all odst tho and it could possibly work for other armors. if you want the scales let me know. it took me hours but ive got them scaled just right now

**UPDATE. ive printed out all of the upperbody pieces besides the ones ive already done. time to start pepping. working on the torso tomorrow.

Those teeth like things in the front give me an idea. . Remmember that ODST guy with the flame thrower from RVB? that would look epic on recon!

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quick question: Why do you suggest so? Im about to start. . i have hot glue but why not regular glue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back