First Set Of Armor (so Far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorkzilla

Well here is just a snapshot of the pieces I have made so far. I have the resin and am heading out to buy a respirator today so hopefully I can get to fiber glassing soon. Well tell me what you guys think of it.

haha yea I'm new and didn't scale any of it, most of it fits really good though. The hand plate did turn out way to big though, the rest is all right though. The helmet is a little small but I think it will work

The helmet is a little small but I think it will work

Its better that the helmet is a little to big than to small. Once you resin and fiber glass it, it will not be as flexible as it is without resin which means it might be alot harder to get on and off. That also means you might have to trim the helmet to get it to fit right. I found all of that out the hard way.

But if you scale the helmet a little on the big side (half a CM or so) then it will allow for some wiggle room that can be fixed with padding.

Looks great over all though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. Yea now that I'm on the forum I'm gonna look up how to scale my stuff than I think I'll rebuild the helmet and hand plate. Thanks for the tips joining the 405th is helping a ton with in the first day of joining, it gets me going to start building more.

Ice065 said:
Its better that the helmet is a little to big than to small. Once you resin and fiber glass it, it will not be as flexible as it is without resin which means it might be alot harder to get on and off. That also means you might have to trim the helmet to get it to fit right. I found all of that out the hard way.

But if you scale the helmet a little on the big side (half a CM or so) then it will allow for some wiggle room that can be fixed with padding.

Looks great over all though!

well when i was scaling my armor, in the equation, i added 3 extra inches and when i made my helmet the hole was too small and my head couldn't fit through, so now i have to trim it

Last edited by a moderator:
yea take your time dont rush things get in the pep groove and once your feeling good try building something more high def it will cut down your bondo time and look better.and make sure to scale correctly

yea fiberglass is expensive, at least were i live but dont worry take something that fits and glass it and bondo and hone your skills its awlays good to have a nice test subject so you know how everything feels before you use your good helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back