FLYzilla's Warhammer Space Marine Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYzilla

I'm new to foam here. After much reading and looking around I started my first foam build. Here are some pics please let me know what you think of it so far. First I started with power fist and not much started so please if you have and ideas they are welcomed...the power fist fingers will be mainly the only thing that is not foam. So today is my start date not much work got done but finger had a little done the popcorn bowl is where i got my finger idea. Will be trying to make fingers moveable.

IMG_2232_zps26ef99bc.jpg
IMG_2231_zpseb2601db.jpg

IMG_2230_zps96d12951.jpg
IMG_2229_zps198d08a8.jpg

UPDATED WILL COME AS SOON AS I GET MORE DONE!

Attachments

• IMG_2232_zps26ef99bc.jpg
    IMG_2232_zps26ef99bc.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2229_zps198d08a8.jpg
    IMG_2229_zps198d08a8.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_2230_zps96d12951.jpg
    IMG_2230_zps96d12951.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2231_zpseb2601db.jpg
    IMG_2231_zpseb2601db.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 215
Yay, another battle brother in the works! What else can you tell us about your build? What chapter? Other customization? I look forward to seeing some progress.

right now Im just working on power fist. will be working on Shineys files. And also the powerfist will be mechanical. that is what Im going for with the powerfist.

no new updates still working get power fist going had a lot of work last week didnt get much done.....but my GloSpex came in.

image201402270001_zps6f16f6f5.jpg

image2014022700012_zpsbab33be0.jpg

Attachments

• image201402270001_zps6f16f6f5.jpg
    image201402270001_zps6f16f6f5.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 196
  • image2014022700012_zpsbab33be0.jpg
    image2014022700012_zpsbab33be0.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 215
trying to decide what chapter i'm going for.....Imperial Fists like but which Successor Chapter will i pick

Black Templars
250px-BT_Battle-Brother.jpg

Celestial Lions
250px-Celestial_Lions_Updated2.png

Crimson Fists
250px-CrimsonFistsColourScheme.jpg

Death Strike
250px-Death_Strike_Colour_Scheme.jpg

Emperor's Warbringers
250px-Emperor%27s_Warbringers_Marine.jpg

Excoriators
250px-Excoriator_Astartes_damage.jpg

Executioners
250px-Executioners_Marine.jpg

Fire Lords
250px-Fire_Lords_Marine.jpg

Hammers of Dorn
250px-HoD_Marine.png

Iron Fists
300px-Iron_Fists_Battle-Brother.jpg

Iron Knights
250px-Iron_Knights_Scheme2.jpg

Knights of Dorn
250px-KoD_Colour_Scheme.jpg

Shadow Wolves
250px-Shadow_Wolves_without_bolter.jpg

Sons of Dorn
250px-SoD_Veteran.jpg

Soul Drinkers
250px-Soul_Drinker_Colour_Scheme_final.png

Attachments

• 250px-BT_Battle-Brother.jpg
    250px-BT_Battle-Brother.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 250px-Celestial_Lions_Updated2.png
    250px-Celestial_Lions_Updated2.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 274
  • 250px-Emperor%27s_Warbringers_Marine.jpg
    250px-Emperor%27s_Warbringers_Marine.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 250px-Death_Strike_Colour_Scheme.jpg
    250px-Death_Strike_Colour_Scheme.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 250px-Excoriator_Astartes_damage.jpg
    250px-Excoriator_Astartes_damage.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 250px-Executioners_Marine.jpg
    250px-Executioners_Marine.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 250px-Fire_Lords_Marine.jpg
    250px-Fire_Lords_Marine.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 250px-HoD_Marine.png
    250px-HoD_Marine.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 250px-CrimsonFistsColourScheme.jpg
    250px-CrimsonFistsColourScheme.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 220
  • 250px-Shadow_Wolves_without_bolter.jpg
    250px-Shadow_Wolves_without_bolter.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 250px-SoD_Veteran.jpg
    250px-SoD_Veteran.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 250px-Soul_Drinker_Colour_Scheme_final.png
    250px-Soul_Drinker_Colour_Scheme_final.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 220
  • 250px-KoD_Colour_Scheme.jpg
    250px-KoD_Colour_Scheme.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 250px-Iron_Knights_Scheme2.jpg
    250px-Iron_Knights_Scheme2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 180
  • 300px-Iron_Fists_Battle-Brother.jpg
    300px-Iron_Fists_Battle-Brother.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 211
I would recommend staying away from chapters that use silver or black because those colors really show up every surface flaw. I'm not saying that there will be flaws in your work, but if there are... :)

I'd go for Knights of Dorn or Emperor's Warbringers (which will give you a chance to mount some OD pouches)

I think Celestial Lions would be cool. Lots of opportunity for customization. But that would also mean, lots of extra work. Dorvak's suggestions are good too.

someone messaged me and asked why am I get all the toys that go along with the suit and not building......some of us on here have jobs and don't have all day to sit around and do nothing all day and some of us have kids.....so the reason of buying these things is when i do see a deal on one of the items i know Im going to need or want to use i get it......so for the person who messaged me I work like crazy hours and work like 12 hours a day so when i get off work its kids and dinner and then relax. when i do have time and start working on the armour it always happens someone has to use the area Im in for reports studies.....Im not putting it off just seems that when i do get a little time it gets taken away so hope this clears it up for you.....hopefully this weekend I can work on the boots.

someone messaged me and asked why am I get all the toys that go along with the suit and not building......some of us on here have jobs and don't have all day to sit around and do nothing all day and some of us have kids.....so the reason of buying these things is when i do see a deal on one of the items i know Im going to need or want to use i get it......so for the person who messaged me I work like crazy hours and work like 12 hours a day so when i get off work its kids and dinner and then relax. when i do have time and start working on the armour it always happens someone has to use the area Im in for reports studies.....Im not putting it off just seems that when i do get a little time it gets taken away so hope this clears it up for you.....hopefully this weekend I can work on the boots.

Frankly, whoever messaged that to you is way out of line. That was very inappropriate. It is no one's business if you finish a build in a few months or in a few years. I know the feeling man, I work a ton too and when you do have spare time, you have to use it for 'responsible' things like getting groceries or cleaning up a neglected house. Don't have to explain yourself at all, RL always comes first. I am subscribing to your thread most definitely after this. It's nice to not feel so bad that I can't get to even starting mine because of work, I feel a lot more human now, good to see there are all kinds of different people on this forum. Keep doing what you can, everyone can be patient and respectful to your time. Loving the odds and ends, those are the fun things to shop for a really make a suit uniquely yours :)

btw, fire lords sort of looks like ironman or the flash :p

Ok thanks mr. Wlison.....now i feel like dennis the menace for typing that going out tonight hopefully get some stilts work in tomorrow.

Frankly, whoever messaged that to you is way out of line. That was very inappropriate. It is no one's business if you finish a build in a few months or in a few years. I know the feeling man, I work a ton too and when you do have spare time, you have to use it for 'responsible' things like getting groceries or cleaning up a neglected house. Don't have to explain yourself at all, RL always comes first. I am subscribing to your thread most definitely after this. It's nice to not feel so bad that I can't get to even starting mine because of work, I feel a lot more human now, good to see there are all kinds of different people on this forum. Keep doing what you can, everyone can be patient and respectful to your time. Loving the odds and ends, those are the fun things to shop for a really make a suit uniquely yours :)

btw, fire lords sort of looks like ironman or the flash :p

Haters gunna hate man.. just don't humour the little troll

I really want to see this build complete, my friends were into Warhammer and the Space Marines were always the best.

Go with Hammers of Dorn BTW

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back