FMA Alphonse soul armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
after much pouring over all kinds of references Im pretty sure I have the correct sizing for the shoulders......pretty sure...I hope. I have the left one completed and just started the right one, im leaving the spikes out because they are a waste of time and will be easier to make out of foam or something like that.

2012-01-13005655.jpg

2012-01-13010003.jpg

2012-01-13010042.jpg

on a side note I have Nintendudes permission to send out the files to people if they want them, I have altered files for the size that works for me if your 5" 10' with broad shoulders.

i would love these files. jake@costumedheroes.com

Thanks guys!, I edited the first post so theres no need to hop around the pages looking for links, and Im still sizing the arms so keep watch!!

lots of work done on the left arm this week.....well a lot when you look at what had to be done

The forearm I altered a bit but mostly at the top, widening the hole so my arm could fit but keeping the correct shape
2012-01-27164435.jpg

mock up on the rest of the suit
2012-01-27223907.jpg

the elbow pep is pretty off, the model it was ripped from must of had some cloth detail or something, because compared to the anime its really off, SO I used about half of it and just free handed the correct shape.
2012-01-27164044.jpg

I'm really liking how this is looking so far! the elbow looks complex, and good job free handing parts of it!

@ Metalfire: Thanks! but the elbow isnt really that complex, its just a double joint hinge really, and I think a lot of this is going to be free handed so Im glad its looking good so far.

Progress wise ive been a bit lazy over the weekend due to work but I did get the other arm pepped, minus the elbow, and its looking really good so far!, I know right now it will take 2 people to put on hehe, but hopefully wihen its finished Ill have an easier time getting it all on.
2012-01-31020339.jpg

Col Armstrongs Accent, "Wow, such a thing of beauty. I admire you're dedication and honour to build such a big project. This reminds me of the perfect sculpted muscles I took so long to perfect. Do the Strongarm family proud!"

The_strong_arm_alchemist_by_Wen_JR.jpg

Seriously though, this was the first anime I ever really got into. Didn't know there were peps as good as this out there. Def doing the helmet. Keep it up dude!

Reactions: Aya
Wow!
Thats one serious project you have taken on there, but i have to say it looks amazing thus far!

Pep looks great, keep up the good work!!

seeing how this was my first anime I ever got into I'm really glad to see you and your progress on this!

Good luck with the rest! :D

Col Armstrongs Accent, "Wow, such a thing of beauty. I admire you're dedication and honour to build such a big project. This reminds me of the perfect sculpted muscles I took so long to perfect. Do the Strongarm family proud!"

The_strong_arm_alchemist_by_Wen_JR.jpg

Seriously though, this was the first anime I ever really got into. Didn't know there were peps as good as this out there. Def doing the helmet. Keep it up dude!

That is one heck of a beastly awesome picture! lol

heheh I wont disappoint! Im working on the thigh armor now, right side, its not complexed but man does it take a while to pep it :p

Sooooo I took a long hard stare at my armor and I started to think that its going to take a long long long time to get the armor to the way I want it so I opted out for foam!!! I already transfered the front of the right leg to foam, I flattened out the pep and traced it and it looks great!!
2012-02-04235734.jpg

2012-02-04235807.jpg

2012-02-04235845.jpg

aww no love for the foam? well TO BAD! :p , cause its just so damn great to work with!!! I decided to do one of the gauntlets next and i have the right one almost done, its crazy rigid, I just need to find some paint that will flex a little, maybe latex??

heres the foam gauntlet semi finished
2012-02-06022236.jpg

a compare shot of the two, makes the armor look really beefy like in the anime
2012-02-06022257.jpg

and it still fits like a "glove"
2012-02-06022405.jpg

hope to get one entire arm done asap!

I don't blame you for switching over to foam lol. It's looking good so far! Anyone that disagrees bonk them on the head! Alphonse is the man!

I wouldnt say impossible but it would take an insane amount of bondo and sanding, and unless I molded all the parts it would be really heavy because of all the bondo. I just need to find some thinner foam to make the helmet out of, like yoga mats or something, I wonder what they use for the mass effect suits where they have the thin parts?

I wouldnt say impossible but it would take an insane amount of bondo and sanding, and unless I molded all the parts it would be really heavy because of all the bondo. I just need to find some thinner foam to make the helmet out of, like yoga mats or something, I wonder what they use for the mass effect suits where they have the thin parts?

I know yoga mats are thinner than EVA foam, but I don't think it can hold on to the shapes though. Don Robert, I believe he is from Philippines, make insane costumes. He uses some kind of rubber that I don't think we can find here. Hope this helps.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...NMAN-10.10.10-(not-fiberglass...it-s-rubber!)

Looking good. From what I've read use EVA foam for the large bulky parts and foamie's for the small detail work. Or if you can get it, Micro-cell foam. I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back