Foam Armour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phi 225

Hey guys. I had tried a build a few years ago and failed in a sense... way to much time and now I lost all my plates and I was wondering what is the best way to go about making a foam set? I was thinking of getting the Smooth Pep. files for the plates and then doing a few layers of resin and bondo. But I am not sure. Please help me out guys!

I'm not a professional, and I never tried foam building tecknic (I will be soon) but I think it depents on your crafting skills and time, like if you'd like to built it quickly- you shoud give a try to foam- you will save tons of time! but if you good at detalizing pece buy citing in the bondo and time isn't a problem for you- I think it's better for you to built it from pepakura, fiberglass and bondo :)

With foam you don't resin or bondo. The foam actually doesnt need to be hardened at all. The pieces are usually cut out then assembled with hot glue and then the finished piece can be coated in plastidip to seal it. Once sealed, all that's left is to paint it.

Foam is a much faster and can be a much cheaper alternative to the traditional pep method. However, it can be harder to get the desired level of detail. There are pros and cons to both methods but ultimately it's up to you. In my experience, the smoother the files the easier they are to work with, and you'll also want to be comfortable with pepakura designer so you can manipulate the file into more of a template to work with.

Ben Streeper has a great how to video for foam. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back