foam ODST/NMPD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff can be applied over foam, it dries hard and is sandable:

226916_sm.jpg

Details, pricing, etc available here: http://www.sculpturesupply.com/detail.php?id=226916&sf=category&vl=Reinforcing+Materials

that looks pretty cool. is there any way that it can be kept flexible? i dont really want it to be completely solid. i think stiff, with a bit of flexibility would be great. also could i get it in australia anywhere?

Not bad. Not bad at all. ;)

i like the look so far. keep it up

thanks guys =]. its always a good feeling to see people like what you are doing.

that looks pretty cool. is there any way that it can be kept flexible?
They make an additive for Foam Coat called Bounce that makes it more flexible depending on how much you add. I ordered some of both for testing since my Plast-Dip tests are not coming out the way I would like. I ordered it from a site called Hot Wire Foam Factory and I do recall them offering international shipping.

They make an additive for Foam Coat called Bounce that makes it more flexible depending on how much you add. I ordered some of both for testing since my Plast-Dip tests are not coming out the way I would like. I ordered it from a site called Hot Wire Foam Factory and I do recall them offering international shipping.

thakns for the link (even though it doesnt work). i did find the site and yes they do offer international shipping =D. i think i will wait to see what your test results with the stuff comes out like. i dont really want to order something and find out that it wont work for what i want to do with it.

this looks very good. I really like the idea to use foam. Keep up the work I think this will turn out very well!

ok so no work on my odst on the weekend got done. what with having my bothers 21st b-day, setting up stuff and running errands on friday. but i did some introductory work with my cousin by starting on some grenades. worked out pretty well i think. i tryed rondo for the 1st time and it turned out pretty well. i will do a 2nd coat on the inside soon to make it a bit thicker. the plasma nade is my cousins, and i am doing the frag grenade.
p10002801.jpg

p10002821.jpg

p10002831.jpg

p10002841.jpg

hey guys,
i didnt do any work on my ODST/NMPD today. what i did do is go out to bunnings warehouse and buy a dremmel =D. and being the person i am i went straight home and started tyring it out on my security helmate that i started almost a year ago but never really got past the fiberglassing stage. so with my win at trying out the rondo on my grenades, i finnished off hardening the inside with rondo and fiberglass. then started neatening up the layer edges and sanding the whole thing. here are pics of progress.
p10002911.jpg

p10002921.jpg

p10002931.jpg

p10002941.jpg

Hey Frosty, the helmet looks pretty good. I picked up my dremel from Dick Smith, and if you go through all the accessories and sanding bits, DSE has seperate sanding bits you can buy. Did you see any drill bits and sanding bits at bunnings? what kind of filler are you using at the moment? I'm using the 3m 'lightweight body filler' , but thinking about the bog available at bunnings.

=D thanks. i got my dremmel from bunnings, $40 and it comes with 40 bits, a flexible work shaft and a stand to hang the dremmel off when u use the flexible shaft. its great. bunnings has all the extra sanding bits too so if i destroy any ill just go back and buy some. bunnigs does sell body fill, quite a large range actually. they also got 1kg cans of resin and u can buy woven fiberglass mats too. (the layered ones u get in kits are pretty crappy) im not sure off the top of my head what body filler i am using cause i got it from supper cheap last year when i first started to do this helmet, so id say it was some sort of automotive one. (works great with rondo, i been doing it heaps). this is the dremmel kit i bought http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_product_135w-ozito-rtg920vk-rotary-tool-kit_4518.aspxhttp://www.bunnings.com.au/products_product_135w-ozito-rtg920vk-rotary-tool-kit_4518.aspx

im only going to use the nmpd helmet cause the rest of it will be ODST (if i can get around to making stuff again, been working on my security helmet). i will probably use a H3 marine helmet file and use parts of that to do the helm. then scratch the parts that arent the same, like the bill.

o wow, i havent done any updates in a while. oh well here we go with a little one. i have actually done more work then this im just too lazy at this point in time to resize the pictures and upload them.

done some work on my nmpd chest which was going to be an odst but i modified it to look more liek the nmpd.
p10004231.jpg

p10004241.jpg

p10004261.jpg

i did draw on it a bit to show where i need to add thin craft foam to add details. i rekon its looking pretty good. what do u guys think?

I think it's looking great so far. :)

Now you can start layering up some additional EVA and put in the details and it will look awesome. It's nice to see people doing the 'little' guys in the Haloverse. Keep up the good work.

yea i will probaby start to do that today. im going to hop onto odst and get some more reference shots. the ones i have dont have all the parts that i really want to have a good look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back