foam ODST/NMPD

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys,
so i been lurking around the forums for a long time, and did at one time attempt to make a security helmate from halo 3. with this being a half fail (being worked on for the last 9 months and still not done), i saw the new foam technique and had to give it a go. i went and bought foam mats from supercheap auto. $18AUD for 4 sheets. and started at it.

i was wanting to make the New Mombasa Police officer from halo 3: ODST because i really like the helmate with the full face visor but its not a full wrap around helmate. but i do not like the protective equipment that they wear. so i decided i am going to make the majority of the ODST suit and use the NMPD helm. everything is going swimmingly with the neck/back part being finnished constructed today.

and here is the pics
p10001341.jpg
http://img121.imageshack.us/g/p10001341.jpg/

Images don't work on site D:

But what I saw from that link, it looks good! Though I don't quite know what you mean by NMPD helmets... Maybe you could post your references?

Looks like its coming together well, and fairly quickly. I'll have to have a bit more of an indepth look at the ODST armour. Let me know how it goes with the glueing. How are you planning to surface the foam?

ok so these are th pictures that i wiull be using for reference on my NMPD helm. its basicaly the regular UNSC combat helmate witha shorter bill on the front and it looks sort of like it has the HUL attatchment on. i got all these picks from halo 3: odst campain and just taking pics of him. (im not a stalker...... maybe a little)

halo3120898322full.jpg

halo3120898346full.jpg

halo3120898718full.jpg

halo3120898721full.jpg

halo3120898726full.jpg

halo3120898730full.jpg

He looks kinda like the Marathon guy! Yeah the regular combat helmet would be a great place to start with this. Little bondo and you're on your way.

MASK_88557_lg.jpg

The visor looks easy enough, just check out this thread/tutorial on how to turn something like the picture above into what you're looking for.

yeah looks like the normal marine helmet with full face shield added to it hope turns out well that foam looks good too hope that turns out really good as well

He looks kinda like the Marathon guy! Yeah the regular combat helmet would be a great place to start with this. Little bondo and you're on your way.

MASK_88557_lg.jpg

The visor looks easy enough, just check out this thread/tutorial on how to turn something like the picture above into what you're looking for.

well i havent acutally played marathon so i dunno how he looks. but yes i am going to do most of the marine helm but i will try in foam like the rest of my suit will be. currently i am working on the ODST breast plate, and its turning out quite well i would like to think. i will be putting up pictures soon. also i am pretty sure that you can buy gold tint full face visors anyway. so that shouldnt be a problem. if i cant get one. i will try to do that method.

ok so i have now finnished the ODST breast plate. it might be slightly too small, but it still looks ok to me. this one took about 4 hours to build from printing the pep to being finnished. its not as highly detailed as it would be if it was completely pep, but it still looks good.

p10002231.jpg

almost finnished all the pieces.
p10002251.jpg

this is teh glue i am using. $2 for a pack of 7. (i bought 7 packs) takes about 3 seconds to dry, and then u cant pull the pieces off without tearing the foam to pieces.
p10002281.jpg

cutting tools
p10002291.jpg

finnished
p10002301.jpg

p10002311.jpg

p10002321.jpg

p10002341.jpg

in the mirror. (its pretty dirty now that i look xD)
p10002351.jpg

MEEEE =O
p10002361.jpg

thats it for now. im busy for the rest of today. and i have work all week. so hopefully next progress will be next friday. maybe i can get the shoulders and the ab plates made up.

looking Good! So what are you thinking to seal the foam with, I thought I saw some spray on sealer at supercheap the other day...

mmmm im not sure how i will seal it yet. ill have to look into that some time. i was thinking i might just sand it down smooth (if possible) and paint it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back