Foam SPI *Reforged*

Status
Not open for further replies.
20190201_113029.jpg
20190201_113037.jpg
20190201_113046.jpg

Looking nice!! What are Chicago screws? Never heard that term before
I tried to get them from my local home depot about two years ago, and they had them, but it took a really long time to find as they weren't called Chicago screws and noone has ever heard of them before. A quick Google says they have MANY different names, and are classified as Mating fasteners. Google says they "are known by many different names: sex bolt, binding posts, Chicago screws, interscrews, barrel bolts, barrel nut, partitionscrews, door closure bolts, furniturescrews, panel fasteners, architectural sex bolts, arch series screws, hingescrews, display fasteners, screw nuts, connector bolts" and many more...

They will be used for my faux strap for the shoulder and hip plates, the reference pic looked very close to those screws so imma use them, black or course

Also think I will modify the straps to curve downward instead of leveled like the ref pic.

Ditto on what ExCeLLuR8 said! Your sharp edges look clean and sanding sure seems like an effective beveling method. What are you using to sand things? I'm glad you were able to suitably scale the torso.

Good luck on your next steps.

Ditto on what ExCeLLuR8 said! Your sharp edges look clean and sanding sure seems like an effective beveling method. What are you using to sand things? I'm glad you were able to suitably scale the torso.

Good luck on your next steps.
Ah the man himself, first off, thank you for your unfold sir, dam fine work, I really appreciate it! Also thank you, and I just use a 340grit sanding stone on my dremel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back