Foam Tutorial -- Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm Shock\Trooper-2148. I've been meaning to set up a thread to show everyone my current progress of my ODST Build for quite sometime now, but I've hit a few setbacks. The Chest Core, for the ODST, the one designed by Hugh, caused a few problems for me. I've been having a hard time looking for Foam Building Tutorials. Can someone help me with this problem, please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I've done.
ODSTMainTorso_2.jpg

ODSTMainTorso_1.jpg

They have been applied with a coat of resin. I'm not moving any forward than this.
ODSTMainTorso_Resined-Side.jpg

ODSTMainTorso_Resined-Frontal.jpg

There's more photos of my ODST Build in my possession. Hopefully, before the start of Summer, I'll make a thread.

Try search in YouTube and you will find a lot of good foam tutorial video. Btw the chest core looks great.

Chest looks great :) Foam building is my piece of cheese or my Dr.pepper... anyways I've messed with foam alot =D

I could give you a tutorial myself... but ill just try to explain acouple things really fast!!

#1- before you start building, find a pepakura file (ODST chest for example), then download the free version of Pepakura Designer (the pro version lets you save your work or changes you make to files) BUT the free version does the job :)

Once you download the free version of Pepakura Designer, simply remove all the "Taps" like throw them out... taps are pieces that you glue together (FOAM DOESN"T REQUIRE THESE)... And every time you see a "Fold Line" you must disconnect it!!..... So you end up with 100 small pieces...

Then simply print and trace onto your foam ( cut the foam piece out with box cutter ).... then you have 100 pieces of foam! I like to build as I go... but I've done both... .REMEMBER TO KEEP THE PAPER PIECES!! Numbers show where to connect the pieces...

This is what I did-- I'll try and find a video for you alittle later man :) Keep up the good work!!!

Chest looks great :) Foam building is my piece of cheese or my Dr.pepper... anyways I've messed with foam alot =D

I could give you a tutorial myself... but ill just try to explain acouple things really fast!!

#1- before you start building, find a pepakura file (ODST chest for example), then download the free version of Pepakura Designer (the pro version lets you save your work or changes you make to files) BUT the free version does the job :)

Once you download the free version of Pepakura Designer, simply remove all the "Taps" like throw them out... taps are pieces that you glue together (FOAM DOESN"T REQUIRE THESE)... And every time you see a "Fold Line" you must disconnect it!!..... So you end up with 100 small pieces...

Then simply print and trace onto your foam ( cut the foam piece out with box cutter ).... then you have 100 pieces of foam! I like to build as I go... but I've done both... .REMEMBER TO KEEP THE PAPER PIECES!! Numbers show where to connect the pieces...

This is what I did-- I'll try and find a video for you alittle later man :) Keep up the good work!!!

actually you got any tips on joining angled sections? i am having headaches bevelling the edges, the foam collapses when i try to angle it

So wait you just built the pepakura and then layered it with foam? Interesting I didn't even think of that thanks for that tip even if it was inadvertently

I appreciate the input. That's pretty much all I needed to know. I'll PM you, if I need more info on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back