Forerunner Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMer56

Sr Member
My brain has been struck by lightning.

I thought "What halo costume has never been done before?" Then it struck me: A forerunner. Using the Halo: Legends episode "Origins" for reference pictures, I created the 3d model of a helmet in about 6 hours or so:

forhelmshare1.jpg

forhelmshare2.jpg

forhelmshare3.jpg

Not exactly perfect, but that's what bondo (or some other smoother) is for, right?

I did a test unfold in the unregistered version of pepakura, doesn't look too complicated (plus the fact is is only around 750 polygons also helps), could someone unfold it for me?

I plan on doing an entire suit (bring it to college, maybe go to a convention if I can afford it)

3ds file is here

The only anatomical difference between forerunners and humans seems to be head size, and they are a little more lanky.

ok, got it done... but before you download it, you should know that this is my first real unfold. So it may not be the best and you may want someone else to take a look at your file before you get a real build going. but I guess this will hold you through until then...

file link

let me know what you think

WRising said:
let me know what you think

Very nice :)

Thank you!

A few tricky pieces (the pair at the bottom center of the 5th page), but I just clipped them off and changed the fold threshold to 128, so it doesn't display any folds larger than 128 degrees - and that's how the pros have been making "smooth peps".

Other than that I'm ready to print. 30cm may not be the correct size, but at least once its assembled I'll know how much bigger I'll need to make it. Also I'll just use normal paper, as I have an almost infinite supply (not really, but I do have alot!), and have virtually no card stock. :unsure

So it has begun...

"You hear an entire orchestra play "Dum-dum-dum-duuuuuuuuuummmmmmmm!" from nowhere" (lol, D&D adventure book)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the comments and critique. when I first opened this file I took one look at it and was like... "OMG" partly cause it looked cool but also because it seems like it would be a B!7C# to pep. there are some things that I want to change though because it isnt entirely pep friendly.

I never figured that out until today... thanks for the smoothing info, I though I was super lost in that area.

I scaled it to 30cm since that was the arbitrary height used. I didnt really know how it was supposed to fit so it probably is a tad/way off.

I could see this costume needing a lot of sewing too. :D Amazing though, have you seen the halo legends? Is this where this idea came from? xD There's gotta be some reference pics from that for this xD.

GMer56 said:
Stuff!

The only anatomical difference between forerunners and humans seems to be head size, and they are a little more lanky.

Well, I never thought of that. Hmm...

And that's not the only anatomical difference. You forgot: Forerunner are hexadactyl.

SchizophrenicMC said:
And that's not the only anatomical difference. You forgot: Forerunner are hexadactyl.

Guess the guys who did Halo Legends episode 4 didn't know this :)

Forerunner_Apex.jpg

A forerunner hand, unless this guy had a battle wound, or a finger was cut off for combat efficiency.

I'm also going to be modeling a forerunner weapon tonight or tomorrow:

Forerunner_weapon.jpg

Well, either Origins is wrong or Bungie mirrored their texture.

1221711016_Forerunner_hand.jpg

Anyway, good luck with the Forerunner what-it-is. I'm still not sure if that's a sword or a rifle... Or some combination.

thats sick! in the good way though. you so shouldve kept, on or off... That's pretty cool though, never thought I'd meet any one like that. even over the internet.

It was believed that people with extra digits were genius, or of a higher power. Who knows!! lol.

Anyway back on track, the helmet looks great! Keep it up, your breaking boundaries.

wow this is new i'm impresed ya don't get musc from legends but i can't wait to see what you make.

Have some free time tonight. Thought I was getting my new computer tonight, but FedEx has a thing about leaving expensive packages on the recipients porches for 6 hours, so I'll be getting it tomorrow.

In this free time, I made the forerunner gun model - basic, gonna tweak it a little and do a test of it in pepakura, as it looks a little funky in gmax, I'll post the 3d model when it is ready to be unfolded.

Please, pay no attention to the funky colors :)

Forerunnergun1.jpg

Forerunnergun2.jpg

Forerunnergun3.jpg

One of these days I'll have to make a little video on how I make my models.

*edit* 3d model is fixed and available for download here could someone please unfold it - don't worry, its looks pretty easy :)

SchizophrenicMC said:
Well, either Origins is wrong or Bungie mirrored their texture.

1221711016_Forerunner_hand.jpg

Maybe it's not mirrored, and maybe they're not hexadactyl. Remember, 1 in 11 people is left handed, a ratio that has remained constant over time. So a thumb on one side for right handed people, and a thumb on the other for left handed people :p

I made the file a little smoother, but basically the same unfold. here's the link.

forerunner_smooth

opened up your weapon file and, I dont know if you noticed or not, but your file has some flipped normals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back