Forerunner Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
WRising said:
forerunner gun is done, despite flipped normals.

Yeah, I was using a new method for this one, and some normals got flipped and hidden from my view :(

Stupid normals!

BTW, the gun unfold is awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
really? I love the comment but, REALLY?! yes! I'm making progress! my only concern though is that assembly may also be a pain with this one, mainly because of the sharp corners. pepping that is not fun, I know from experience. My spartan (300) helmet has the same sortof thing on the plume.

Really, looks just like what I hoped for

WRising said:
my only concern though is that assembly may also be a pain with this one, mainly because of the sharp corners. pepping that is not fun, I know from experience.

Sharp corners have never stopped me :), although pepping can be fun once you have all the little pieces cut out.

Double Post!

The assembly of the helmet is completed and... it is a tad bit too small though (look at my hand):

ForerunnerHelmmini1.jpg

ForerunnerHelmmini2.jpg

ForerunnerHelmmini3.jpg

ForerunnerHelmmini4.jpg

Even though it is too small (and maybe a little warped XD), it proves that this model is able to be built.

It was actually quite fun to build, as all of the little pieces formed into nonsense at first, then over time the general shape became prevalent.

Next I'm going to get the correct size, then trace the parts onto cardboard (cereal box cardboard), and finish it from there.

Have a very low detail forerunner helm, to be used for testing scaling size. Could someone unfold it for me, with assembly height 30cm?

3d model is here

-Thanks

There was also an warrior model WITH a visor that is shown in the halo legends movie, can u don that aswell? thx. (i should be LD cus i suck at armor making.)

@ estonianguy

Eventually I'll do that.

@ MW Immortalking

I don't think so. Although I haven't played halo 2 , I don't think there would be flying weapons (although I have played Halo CE and Halo 3).

Anywho, drew out the costume, scanned it onto my computer and inked it (using a mouse). Just for kicks I placed it over a picture of myself.

onmetrans.jpg

If I want the full effect, I may have to wear a corset no hot dog eating contest for me!

Does anyone have ideas on what the white and light gray parts could be made out of? I was thinking liquid latex, or sewing it together with cloth (the not fun choice)

GMer56 said:
If I want the full effect, I may have to wear a corset no hot dog eating contest for me!

Lol I know what you mean I'm seriously thinking I'll try to diet and exercise more, and I'm just trying to build a set of Mk VI

on the topic of the hexadactyl thing

the forerunners could have made it so left handed or right handed people could use it, instead of making it rightys only or leftys only as humans do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back