Not open for further replies.

TurboCharizard

RXO and BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Stream Team
Member DIN
S068
At the Halo Museum there was a bunch of mannequins dressed and ready in various uniforms and armour suits and because I was like a kid in a candy store I started climbing all over while in my ODST to get reference photos of everything. I'm starting with some photos of the Forward Unto Dawn dress uniform that Commander Lasky wore because it's spiffy and I want to make an attempt at making this later on.

Commander-Thomas-Lasky.jpg

Jacket
DSC_1631.jpg

Shoulder and epaulet detailing
DSC_1630.jpg

Full length
DSC_1632.jpg

Name plate and jacket closure
DSC_1633.jpg

DSC_1634.jpg

Jacket reverse
DSC_1635.jpg

DSC_1636.jpg

DSC_1637.jpg

DSC_1638.jpg

DSC_1639.jpg

DSC_1640.jpg

DSC_1641.jpg

DSC_1642.jpg

DSC_1643.jpg

DSC_1644.jpg

OMG I LOVE YOU!!! Were you able to touch it? It looks like a heather grey wool suiting perhaps? Is it black or navy blue for the contrast? Are those shoulder bits with the stitch detailing attached at the armhole or are they completely separate? Can anyone identify those quick release buckles on the sides? Is the webbing dark grey or black? Are the crest and rank bars etc. embroidered on there? What colour was the thread? Yellow or gold? And the centre of the logo on the crest is that white with black or navy? Where the pant leg creases sewn in or just really ironed in.

OMG I LOVE YOU!!! Were you able to touch it? It looks like a heather grey wool suiting perhaps? Is it black or navy blue for the contrast? Are those shoulder bits with the stitch detailing attached at the armhole or are they completely separate? Can anyone identify those quick release buckles on the sides? Is the webbing dark grey or black? Are the crest and rank bars etc. embroidered on there? What colour was the thread? Yellow or gold? And the centre of the logo on the crest is that white with black or navy? Where the pant leg creases sewn in or just really ironed in.

I was climbing all around it and the exact colour was hard to tell in the blue light but heather gray and black suiting material is the best bet.

The shoulder detailing is free at the neck and chest for volume and stitched into the shoulder, I couldn't undress the mannequin but it looked like it was pressed flat into the sleeve and there was shoulder cap padding.

The quick release buckles look like a simple parachute clip with a snap cap and post attached on and then weathered to add greebly interest to a kind of boring closure.

The webbing was all black, based on the shine and reflection I'd bet nylon.

All the ranks bars on the epaulettes and the cuffs were sewn on, the badges and ranks on the collar were embroidered in gold thread.

The central globe of the crest was white and black embroidered.

The pants were pressed and only had an inseam visible.

I'll have a few higher quality photos coming shortly once everything is off the camcorder and camera, these are just the phone pics as a teaser of the things to come from the past weekend.

I want in as well if this ends up happening but I probably won't be able to make it up to you guys any time soon so I'll just follow along with you guys and we can all compare after (hopefully all go to a con together in them too).

I'll have some super cool stuff to show you guys after this weekend. I'll start a build thread but I've got some amazing fabric in, plus I got the embroidery digitized and it stitches beautifully! I also ordered in the military trim for the sleeve cuffs which should be in my mailbox right now! I've also been doing some tests for the CAMS Cadet uniforms (I'll start a thread for that one as well) and for Miranda Keys. Exciting stuff!

I'll have some super cool stuff to show you guys after this weekend. I'll start a build thread but I've got some amazing fabric in, plus I got the embroidery digitized and it stitches beautifully! I also ordered in the military trim for the sleeve cuffs which should be in my mailbox right now! I've also been doing some tests for the CAMS Cadet uniforms (I'll start a thread for that one as well) and for Miranda Keys. Exciting stuff!

I'm interested in seeing the fabric choices! I'm still a sewing newbie so usually I just go to the store and pick something that looks right, having actually background and knowledge guiding choices seems like a dream.

Awesome! Can't wait to see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back