Frosty's Security- Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i have been lurking around the forums for a while now, hiding in shadowy corners, crouching behind bushes and the like.

i decided that instead of the traditional noob armour and doing MK-V/VIi would do a security helm, as it is my favorite.

here is some of my progress over the last few weeks, havent had much time to work on it as i was at tafe and now am back at work

picture gallery

Looks cool mate. Good luck

For those to lazy to go to the gallery

med_gallery_17176_1760_314691.jpg

Nice progress so far! What do you intend to do for the visor, as the security visor seems to be a very obscure shape.

Well, I have seen your pics and it's looking pretty good so far. How do you plan on doing that visor? The visor of that helmet seems like a tricky one to make.

I did a fair amount of research for the security many moons ago. The only thing I came up with for visors were pilot visors, which are hella expensive. maybe vacuum form?

Well I suppose you will probably finish yours before I finish mine.

Due to financial issues.

And my plan for the visor was to use vacuum forming,

so if you get to that step it would be nice to see how well that method works.

SSPX8816.jpg

yea for my visor i was gonna try the vacu forming method, if i could figure out a way to get a gold/ yellow tint onto the plastic while keeping it fairly see through.

does any1 know somewhere in Brisbane Australia that u could buy some square sheets of plastic?

For the gold tinting there is one-way-mirror window film which might work; putting it on the outside of the visor will create a golden mirror but the inside can see right through it. google will find online stores to buy this from.

for the sheets of plastic, best bet would be in buying it over the internet as well.

hey guysss, i got lots of progress since i started this thread :D , which i should have considering how long ago i started it

(PICS R HUUUUUGE)

pic 1

just fiberglassed the inside top part and the top front where the marathon emblem is.

pic 2

inside/ outside showing my awesome bondo skills

pic 3

my slightly warped visor almost ready for me to vacuum-form whenever i get around to making one

pic 4

up the front side of the jaw, has nice detail still even through the bondo

criticism is welcome, not too much flaming though as this is my 1st ever piece of armour

(pics are huuuuuge cause thats the resolution my phone takes em at)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back