Full size Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is looking pretty awesome thus far. I can't wait to see what this will look like when its all done and painted.

I noticed you have a lot of helmets in the background... Just how many projects do you have going on at once?!

I didn't count them until it was asked. I end up building something in paper and not finishing it, then moving on to another project. I might resin this one, only to leave it there and move on to another. I've finished a handful of projects, so I know I'll finish the others. I have somewhere in the ball park of 20 or so projects, not including the elite.

Here's a picture of a few of the other projects I'm working on. They are all in different stages at the moment because I'm working in the Elite. And this is not even a third of the projects I have laying around.

kdk_2512.jpg

That's funny. Looks just like my workspace in my basement. Keep it up with that elite. It will be sick with full armor. Makes me want to start some kind of statue project of my own. I've thought about making a 6 foot tall gundam.

It all starts with the want for something like this, and friends who believe in you. I might have quit halfway through if it wasn't for the encouragement of my friends. That is in some part due to MissingSpartan7 skills for creating the file, and my boldness for attempting something this big. Its growing on me, and I'm going to find space to keep him in my living room.
Had to move the elite due to space restriction, and thankfully nothing cracked, or broke. I will try to get some work done this weekend, if I can get more resin.

It all starts with the want for something like this, and friends who believe in you. I might have quit halfway through if it wasn't for the encouragement of my friends. That is in some part due to MissingSpartan7 skills for creating the file, and my boldness for attempting something this big. Its growing on me, and I'm going to find space to keep him in my living room.
Had to move the elite due to space restriction, and thankfully nothing cracked, or broke. I will try to get some work done this weekend, if I can get more resin.

Just stick with it. I think this is really neat. I have not seen many fan created full sized elites. A few costumes, but this is a statue. I think a hard thing for a lot of us being overwhelmed by thoughts of "OH BOY I CAN MAKE THIS AND THIS AND THIS AND THIS" and its just hard to take a step back and pace yourself. I would totally agree that when starting the project its because you want to, but to keep going its because they want you to. If I don't finish my Armor by the 15th of Nov I know there will be others dissapointed haha, and I'll never hear the end of it if I go this far and stop.

You're kicking major butt with this. Keep pushing. keep creating.

I am new to this site, but have stayed around to see how your statue progresses. I have not had the time or space to make models of this calibre except maybe with legos. Anyway, regarding your problem with internal support, I may have a suggestion:
http://www.shopmaninc.com/foam.html
I have never tried to make a model with this stuff, but while deployed to Iraq we were using a spray version of this to fill any nook or cranny where sand could possibly enter during a sandstorm.
Also good luck and keep posting :)

when starting the project its because you want to, but to keep going its because they want you to.

I have to say Revenant1988, that's the best I think anybody has ever put it. That is exactly the way it is for me. I like that quote so much I want to quote you in my signature with that. I'm going to go ahead and do it, I hope you don't mind. Please let me know if you want it taken off and I'll gladly do it :)

Zombiegrimm... Wow! That really is one impressive statue you have going there. I like that you're doing something different and unique. I know that this thing is going to turn out looking amazing, I'm really looking forward to seeing it finished. And you've got quite the collection of helmets too, good job on all of them! Keep up the good work, you're doing great.

-Poly

I have to say Revenant1988, that's the best I think anybody has ever put it. That is exactly the way it is for me. I like that quote so much I want to quote you in my signature with that. I'm going to go ahead and do it, I hope you don't mind. Please let me know if you want it taken off and I'll gladly do it :)

Zombiegrimm... Wow! That really is one impressive statue you have going there. I like that you're doing something different and unique. I know that this thing is going to turn out looking amazing, I'm really looking forward to seeing it finished. And you've got quite the collection of helmets too, good job on all of them! Keep up the good work, you're doing great.

-Poly

Hey go for it buddy.

All I know is thats how I feel about it. The motivation when starting is all about you. Once you show it off so people, or people here, things are expected to keep progressing and thats the motivation that keeps you going. Well, keeps me going haha.

Thanks! I know how you feel, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. But for me, I don't think about what will happen if I don't finish it, I think about what will happen when I do :) That's mostly what keeps me going.

I'm glad that I'm getting closer to finishing this massive build. I couldn't work on it for the longest time due to not having any resin, but now I have some, and I smashed into this build! Not literally but I managed to strengthen quite a bit. I did the ankles, the knees, and the thighs. Thighs would be getting their second coat. Then, for a little bit more, I started to resin the shoulder so it will hold that shape when I cut it off. On to the pictures!

temporary-2.jpg

temporary-3.jpg

temporary.jpg

temporary-1.jpg

I am still wondering why this is still in the noob forum. This thing is amazing and just gets better as it goes along.

I just love this!!!
Keep it goin'!!!! :-D
Can't wait to see it finished!

Cheers

looks like u are almost ready to fibreglass. this guy is looking amazing keep up the great work

Managed to work on the shoulder/ arm today. Only put one coat one today, as I feel it needs to be more dry for me to rotate it over and do the other side. I've actually got a few coatsof fiberglass on the elite already. I think the feet and neck need a little more.
The top picture is right before I started to resin, and the bottom two are the arm in a weird position so it dries. The arm is coated to some degree in the last two pictures.

temporary-7.jpg

temporary-6.jpg

temporary-8.jpg

Your crazy that will take a long time. Do you plan on using bondo? I am also curious if you had to mod a pep file to get this right. Seems to me that somthing that big would come out distorded, but great work. You should make a video when is completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back