Props Fully Functional Ammo Counters/Effects Modules

Status
Not open for further replies.
silvercookie said:
lol ease down?

ive been here longer than you and i know the mods.

not personally but they know how i act.

i never said i was accomplished nor did i act that way.

th op said he would not be including pressure switches cause it varies from gun to gun. but it is ovbvious you will need a pressure switch.

and dont call me champ. thats just ignorant.

For the record, you may want to use spellcheck pre-rant next time. Someone who can't even spell retarded should be careful throwing around words like "stupider" and "ignorant"...

Anyway - thanks for your input and I'll take it under advisement...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gokussj5okazu said:
No need for any hostility, guys. :(

The circuits are designed for momentary push buttons for the trigger and reload button, one normally closed, the other normally open. On the BR55, each push of the trigger will count off 3 rounds, then you have to press it again, just like in game. All three rifles would use identical push switches, as far as function goes, but I meant the outer shape of the button. There's literally tens of thousands of push switches that could work. It all depends if you want to use it as the actual trigger, have it recessed behind a trigger button, ect. There's just alot of different situations they could be mounted.

I'll definitely have a working BR55 circuit (since it's the same as the others, plus a few parts) setup working within the first week of February. Gotta wait for my check. :lol: It won't be in a rifle, since I don't have one made yet, but it will definitely be working.

anyway goodluck with the proccess.

Gokussj5okazu said:
No need for any hostility, guys. :(

The circuits are designed for momentary push buttons for the trigger and reload button, one normally closed, the other normally open. On the BR55, each push of the trigger will count off 3 rounds, then you have to press it again, just like in game. All three rifles would use identical push switches, as far as function goes, but I meant the outer shape of the button. There's literally tens of thousands of push switches that could work. It all depends if you want to use it as the actual trigger, have it recessed behind a trigger button, ect. There's just alot of different situations they could be mounted.

I'll definitely have a working BR55 circuit (since it's the same as the others, plus a few parts) setup working within the first week of February. Gotta wait for my check. :lol: It won't be in a rifle, since I don't have one made yet, but it will definitely be working.

Outstanding News! Sorry for cluttering an otherwise excellent topic. If you need any kit (or finished board) beta-testers I would be happy to assist... Good Luck!

DogWizard said:
For the record, you may want to use spellcheck pre-rant next time. Someone who can't even spell retarded should be careful throwing around words like "stupider" and "ignorant"...

Anyway - thanks for your input and I'll take it under advisement...

uhh please point out wha i spelled wrong. i think i mis-spelled maybe one word.

i mis-spelled obvious excuse me. you know your a better person for pointing out i made a mistake.

/ arguement im going to go play call of duty 4

silvercookie said:
those are good prices.

talk to link about mass producing them.

i would hop on this cause i know how to solder and everything but broke atm.

kool borads, i already have lots of counter borads and audio to go with it

link4044 said:

oh really?

i thought you just had the audio boards.

how do they sound?

any ideas for a recoil system?? lol

link4044 said:

Awsome, I assume by audio you mean the firing sounds?

silvercookie said:
oh really?

i thought you just had the audio boards.

how do they sound?

any ideas for a recoil system?? lol

Hah, we'll...I suppose something could be schemed up using a vibration motor with a very heavy throw. :lol: It wouldn't have any kick, but you'd atleast feel something.

Btw, I'm working on PCB layouts right now so I can start print a few boards next week. :D

Gokussj5okazu said:
Hah, we'll...I suppose something could be schemed up using a vibration motor with a very heavy throw. :lol: It wouldn't have any kick, but you'd atleast feel something.

Actually I'm intrigued by the idea of simulated recoil for these. I bet that upsizing from a mini-vibrating motor (cell phone) to something just a bit larger with a lobed attachment (think camshaft) could work very nicely. There should be enough space in the stock of either rifle to accommodate something like that. Just have the lobe impact on a strike plate at the real of the stock - it wouldn't be full-on recoil but the effect would be there. Add in a supplementary power supply triggered by contact closure (momentary switch) to boost the power...hmmm...time to look around the shop...

A linear actuator could work but I'm not sure how small you could go - what about a single-trigger-single-revolution DC motor... any robot builders here?

Gokussj5okazu said:
Awsome, I assume by audio you mean the firing sounds?
Btw, I'm working on PCB layouts right now so I can start print a few boards next week. :D

i mentioned that to link on yahoo a while ago but he didnt think it would work out to good.

give me a second.

here we go

you know how in electric airsoft guns there is the motor, piston, piston enclosure and then the hole where the compressed air comes out.

i was thinking if you somehow took the whole system out of like a cheap electric airsoft gun.

but you would have to get rid of the enclosure obviusly. or cut a hole in the end.

then you make or buy a metal piston and then in the butt of the rifle cut out a like a small cylinder just big enough for the piston to move freely. then when you pull the trigger it turns on the motor and moves the piston back and forth

resulting in artificial recoil. like attach a rubber pad to the end of the piston so it doesnt rack the material the bun was molded out of.

DogWizard said:
Actually I'm intrigued by the idea of simulated recoil for these. I bet that upsizing from a mini-vibrating motor (cell phone) to something just a bit larger with a lobed attachment (think camshaft) could work very nicely. There should be enough space in the stock of either rifle to accommodate something like that. Just have the lobe impact on a strike plate at the real of the stock - it wouldn't be full-on recoil but the effect would be there. Add in a supplementary power supply triggered by contact closure (momentary switch) to boost the power...hmmm...time to look around the shop...

A linear actuator could work but I'm not sure how small you could go - what about a single-trigger-single-revolution DC motor... any robot builders here?

i would assume the kind of motor your talking about are the motors that are used in x-box and ps2 controllers for vibrations?

they have a fairly heavy throw

the only thing is they are like 5-6 half circle plates on top of each other and then each is attached to pin coming out of the motor. after a while they eventually fall off.

i tried something similar to your idea with it tapping a plate everytime it rotated but about after a day and a half it just started falling apart. it was taken from a ps2 controller.

i think i have a few of them lying around got to look. ill send them to whoever wants them if you pay shipping.

silvercookie said:
i would assume the kind of motor your talking about are the motors that are used in x-box and ps2 controllers for vibrations?

Exactly - same idea but upgraded parts. You can get very high torque, low RPM motors that should still be small enough to fit in the stock. Most of these were designed for commercial applications so they can stand up to greater punishment than the consumer variety. I've found a couple of possible contenders on Fleabay but I know that the perfect one is out there - I just need to keep looking. The biggest challenge will be governing the RPMs to sync with the switch depressions...

I like where this discussion is going. lol

Using a DC motor driver circuit it would be very easy to have the motor spin at an RPM that would match the rate of fire of the weapon. You'd just have to drive the DC motor circuit when the trigger is depressed, or in the case of the BR, when the monostable 555 timer is active.

I'm not really too sure which motor setup would work best. The weighted piston might be a bit more cumbersome, but allow for alot harder kick. A very heavy throw on a high torque motor would be very simple, but might not feel quite right or not be strong enough.

The sad part is that I have seen something that would be perfect for this - I just can't remember where. It was an electromagnetic piston-based setup that extended under charge and retraced when polarity was reversed. It had a lot of oomph but was still fairly compact - maybe a three inch long 1/2" wide rod housed in a cylinder maybe 1" in diameter. It had a throw of about 3/4". I really wish I could remember where I saw it...

I would want a MA5C kit =D. With instructions, of course.
<3 Learning new things like this.

Your amazing, man! (Or woman.. o_O.)

DogWizard said:
The sad part is that I have seen something that would be perfect for this - I just can't remember where. It was an electromagnetic piston-based setup that extended under charge and retraced when polarity was reversed. It had a lot of oomph but was still fairly compact - maybe a three inch long 1/2" wide rod housed in a cylinder maybe 1" in diameter. It had a throw of about 3/4". I really wish I could remember where I saw it...

That actually sounds really familiar. I'm pretty sure I've seen something like too. LMK if you run across it again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ssyn @ Jan 24 2008, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I would want a MA5C kit =D. With instructions, of course.
<3 Learning new things like this.

Your amazing, man! (Or woman.. o_O.)</div>

Alrighty, you're on the list. lol Guy btw...not sure why my profile didn't show that. Oh well.

The airsoft idea is unconventional. The amount of parts you'd need to use to sync the design of an airsoft piston, would take a lot of modification to put in. For instance you can't just hook it up to a motor, you'd need a spur gear, in order to let a spring push it back forward (or backwards, which would probably work better), then that gear has to hook up to a series of gears so you can get the right timing rpm. Notto mention the batterry needed to power a spring big enough to push the weighted piston with significant force...

I saw the oscillating motor, or whatever you want to call it, that you were talking about on mythbusters (episode about that dude who supposedly collapsed a building inadvertently with vibrations). If you got on their website, there's a forum where you could find out the model and where to get it.

i'm gonna try to source all the parts from my local electronics shop, i've been searching everywhere for a kit or circuit layout diagram.

thanks for saving me the trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back