Props Fully Functional Ammo Counters/Effects Modules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that question, I figured there was something I was missing in the descriptions. lol

(Length x Width)

Main/Counter Boards: 2.5" x 3"

Display: 2.5" x 1.5" (The way the display is setup, the whole 1.5" wouldn't need to fit sideways, it could be trimmed up a bit.)

NEW Assault Rifle Module from www.ReplicantFX.com
The Module is Fully Customizable and plays lots of *.Wav files off of an SD memory card. You can customize your Gun Shot sounds, reloads, magazine insert/removal, secondary fire functions (Grenade Launchers). Multiple shot modes, semi auto, burst or full auto available (Configurable by you the user). Also playback your favorite sound clips from the game. These are played as background sounds and can be setup to be played at random as if they were radio comms, a fellow troop by your side or an enemy you are attacking. Please check it out, there is a great demo video of the setup at
http://www.replicantfx.com/Halo_AR_Packages.html

Wow, 125$ is to much for that. Using the schematics, one could get everything they need to build that from radioshack and make a homemade one for only 20-30$ with extra parts for more.

Overpriced products FTL.

-Doom

Adam - I'm sending an email your way. :D

Doom - Agreed, that's ridiculous. From the pictures, that looks EXACTLY like my setup, which can, indeed be had for about $30 if you buy in bulk. They're easily making $60 or so profit. Not cool.

For those of you that haven't seen, I put up a video of the BR55 counter working in my props topic. :D

Gokussj5okazu said:
Adam - I'm sending an email your way. :D

Doom - Agreed, that's ridiculous. From the pictures, that looks EXACTLY like my setup, which can, indeed be had for about $30 if you buy in bulk. They're easily making $60 or so profit. Not cool.
For those of you that haven't seen, I put up a video of the BR55 counter working in my props topic. :D

How much in bulk?

Last edited by a moderator:
Air_Force_Spartans said:
yeah but your forgeting the programing that the controller uses

I wouldn't see it as worth Double what Goku's chargin.

HaloFreakX said:
How much in bulk?

Well, I don't know the exact numbers, but if you buy enough parts from Mouser for 10 complete units (about $300), then it comes down to $30 each. Otherwise it's about $45 each.

Air_Force_Spartans said:
yeah but your forgeting the programing that the controller uses

What do you mean? The programming on one of those controllers is fairly simple.

Hello again,
To add a bit more detail about the system. The microcontroller runs at 32Mhz and itself costs ~$7. The programming is ~8000 lines of code and has taken 6 months to complete. The module reads SD memory cards of up to 2 gigs using a FAT16 file system compatible with windows. You just plug the SD card into the Computer and edit the Text file to customize. I will admit that the parts do not cost >$100, but if you can generate the amount of code that I have and have it work with Windows and read up to 44kHz *.wav files, I would like to see how long it takes and how much your time is worth to you. In addition, having the Circuit boards built and collecting the parts requires a good amount of up front capital. To build on this, the board also has an on board 1 watt audio amplifier, taking up far less space by itself then any separate audio amp.
I will agree that it is not the ideal setup for everyone, not everybody needs to play wav or music files through their guns, but it is a nice touch that I wanted it enough in my own replicas to invest the time. Being able to customize and change the setup by just typing a few numbers into a Text file is also advantageous as new circuits designs are not required for more functionality. I have had a lot of interest from other fan groups and have been selling similar circuits for years. If any one has any questions, please e-mail me at Replicantfx@replicantfx.com
Thank you, I did not mean to intrude, just trying to spread the word to another community.
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back